Virginia SAAB Driving Club - Page 2 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > Saab Events

Notices

Saab Events An up-to-date listing of Saab Clubs Events taking place Worldwide

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 1st May 2016
SaabNut!

Join Date: Nov 2013                                                
My Saabs: '86 SPG, '88 SPG(2), '88 SiS(2), '91 SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovangW View Post
Which day?
Friday May 20th. You can find the complete schedule in the "SAAB Convoy to Carlislie' thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4th May 2016
SaabNut!

Here are a few pictures from our trip to the eEuroparts Swap Meet and Car Show. The SAABs definitely owned the yard, however, the Bimmers also had some strong numbers.

Overall, it was a great event --- awesome cars, some unicorn parts in the vendor's section, some unicorns in the parking lot(the light blue SAAB 90 was as beautiful, as it was rare) a ton of eEuro; giveaways, prizes and freebies --- plus the weather held off for the most part.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00004167.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	180921   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00004164.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	180929   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00004165.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	180937   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00004166.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	180945  
Old 25th May 2016
SaabNut!

We will be getting together on June 5, 2016 at Richmond International Raceway to run laps on the NASCAR Oval. $20 will get you 5 laps and we will be there as long as people want to run laps. We will start lining up on the back side of the track at 11:30 AM. The tunnel to enter the track will open at 12 noon.

On June 11th the 1st annual Vintage SAAB Show and Swap Meet will be taking place in PA. We will be putting together another Convoy to this event. Plenty of Vintage SAABs on display, a food truck, parts vendors and overnight camping.

Old 12th July 2016
SaabNut!

Default Recent Weekend Events

We have been having a great time getting together on the weekends. Here are some pictures from; Richmond International Raceway, The Vintage Car Show and Swap Meet(this show was awesome and some of our Convoy participants won some very BIG trophies) and Swedish Car Days. I'll add a link later, with better and more pictures.

We are preparing to hit the road again this Friday(07/15) to attend a private tour/viewing of one of the most admired, recognizable and unbelievable collection of Vintage SAABs and SAAB paraphernalia in the States. We are so excited, we are literally counting the days!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20160605_114623.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	189290   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160618_140325.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	189298   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160611_173856.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	189306   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160618_140737.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	189314  
Old 20th July 2016
SaabNut!

Default New York Driving Tour

We had a small SAAB Convoy of 3 SPGs, yet we had an awesome driving tour to New York, this past weekend. Our first stop was at the Turk household for a private tour of their vintage SAAB Collection and memorabilia, a BBQ, rides in their #61 rally car and the highlight of the entire weekend -- each of us got a chance to select a car from their collection to drive in a Vintage SAAB Convoy through the beautiful NY countryside, during a driving tour!!! As a parting gift, we were each presented with a SAAB Swag Bag that included SAAB; literature, posters and collectibles. I cannot say enough nice things about Mr. And Mrs. Turk, they are the most giving and sharing people I have ever met. We had a once in a lifetime experience, that I will treasure for the rest of my life!!

We then drove through the beautiful Catskill Mountains, had dinner at a local pub and spent the night in a quaint little roadside inn.

The next morning we took the scenic route to the Johansen residence to pick up some SAAB parts we purchased from their son. When we were invited into the house, we were absolutely shocked, to see the famous SAAB 96 Marcus Dairy, fully electric #45 rally car! We were treated to a walk through of the conversion to electric and Mr. Johansen shared pictures, news articles and stories with us.

The 3 hour road tour to Syracuse, felt more like 30 minutes -- the scenery was magnificent. We met up with Mr. Weller, the past owner of one of the 1st SAAB Dealerships in the states. He opened up his basement man cave to us, to take a private tour. There we were treated to many of the rare SAAB Dealer items and gifts he had acquired over many decades. Once the tour was over, Mr. Weller and Mr. Dack took us over to their warehouse. We spent the next several hours looking through their inventory of SAAB parts. Needless to say, we left with all of our cars and the trailer, packed to capacity!!!

What an outstanding weekend, only made possible by several SAAB enthusiasts -- who opened up their hearts and their homes to us! A video and picture gallery is being put together from this road tour.

Our next driving event is scheduled for Monday, July 25th from 7:00 - 10:00 PM. We have been invited to the private Michelin GT Pre-Race Challenge Party, hosted by Virginia International Raceway and Maserati of Richmond. We will met at RIR and convoy over to the event. Contact us if you want to be a part of this event.

August 3, 2016, we will convoy down to SOC '16 in ATL, drive on the famous Talladega Speedway and tour the International Motorsports Hall of Fame.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_00000027.jpg
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	189834   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000097.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	189842   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000075.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	189850   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000093.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	189858   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000106.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	189866  

Old 21st July 2016
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: May 2012                                                
My Saabs: 2004 9-3 Arc Vert, 2008 9-3 SS 2.0T

That's awesome stuff you all did.
Thanks for sharing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5th August 2016
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Dec 2007                                                
My Saabs: 97 900SE, JZW Stage HX35 w/m injection
Garage

please include me on the next event... my silver pig will be back on the road soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 8th August 2016
SaabNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkguy89 View Post
please include me on the next event... my silver pig will be back on the road soon
Done!! I can't wait to see that beast on the road again. I will never forget the day we were on the way to Carlisle and you and BH went from 60 to 90 in about 2 blinks!!!

If we can get up enough interest we may convoy up to SCD 17, at the end of this month.

We are putting together another private tour next month, to see another very impressive SAAB Collection. I know this is the largest collection of SAABs in VA and the owners won a lot of hardware at this past weekend's SOC!!!

We will be back on the track on October 16th at 12 noon at Richmond International Raceway. The perfect spot to run the Silver Pig!!

BTW, thanks for letting MikeD come down for that last tuning session. Maybe we can get him back this Fall.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_00005041.jpg
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	191417  
Old 9th August 2016
Saab Lunatic

Garage

I'm hoping to get him back down again when the Pig is ready for a nice road tune

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10th August 2016
SaabNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkguy89 View Post
I'm hoping to get him back down again when the Pig is ready for a nice road tune
That sounds promising!! Keep us posted. There are a few guys in the club, that are very interested in hooking up with MikeD.
Old 11th August 2016
Saab Lunatic

Garage

get a list of people interested that way I can talk to him about it

Old 12th August 2016
SaabNut!

Okay, I will start contacting people now. Someone has contacted me already about coming, so we definitely have two people to add to the list -- he has a silver Viggen for a stage 1 and I need to get another car T5'd.

Based on the guys I regularly see and talk to, I think we can easily get at least 5 cars there this time. Your location is perfect. It has been difficult, in the past, to get everyone interested to drive up to Harvey's.

Also we are getting some interest in putting together a SAAB Convoy up to SCD. Swade, from Inside SAAB fame and currently with Koenigsegg, is traveling over to the States for this event and he is bringing some goodies from Koenigsegg -- for those interested in purchasing some Ghost memorabilia.
Old 12th August 2016
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2008                                                
My Saabs: 00 Viggen MPS, 02 9-5 Aero Wg MikeD

Can count me in for ECW tune shesh.
Old 15th August 2016

Join Date: Aug 2003                                                

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBird View Post
Okay, I will start contacting people now. Someone has contacted me already about coming, so we definitely have two people to add to the list -- he has a silver Viggen for a stage 1 and I need to get another car T5'd.

Based on the guys I regularly see and talk to, I think we can easily get at least 5 cars there this time. Your location is perfect. It has been difficult, in the past, to get everyone interested to drive up to Harvey's.

Also we are getting some interest in putting together a SAAB Convoy up to SCD. Swade, from Inside SAAB fame and currently with Koenigsegg, is traveling over to the States for this event and he is bringing some goodies from Koenigsegg -- for those interested in purchasing some Ghost memorabilia.
Hey there.. hit me up when you guys go.. finally got my beast back on the road after experiencing many issues.
Old 15th August 2016
SaabNut!

@messiguy01 and @frankem3, we have added you guys to the list. We have 6 cars signed up so far and a few more waiting to see the confirmed date, prior to signing up.

If anyone else is interested in joining us for a Tuning Session with MikeD at European Cars of Williamsburg, chime in and also let us know what car you are interested in having tuned.

We also want to thank messiguy01 for making contact with Matt P. @ Krona Performance, who manufacturers complete exhaust systems and accessories for SAABs. His products sell at Brew City Boost and they seem to be very nice. Amazingly, the shop is right here in Virginia!!

Messiguy has also made us aware of Vagwerks Performance and Coating, they do; fabrication, wheel refinishing, performance, powder/ceramic coating and run a dyno.

We are working on setting up a tour at Krona Performance and Vagwerks Performance, possibly with a dyno day. These two shops are only 24 miles apart, so we will try to make a day out of it.
Old 16th August 2016
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                

Count me in for the tune! Anyone have a ballpark on the date?
Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
Old 16th August 2016
Saab Lunatic

Garage

I do also have a new customer in my area that is interested in a tune, so that may make 5 of us total

Old 16th August 2016
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                

I'm debating whether to just do a stg one or buy an Intercooler and a down pipe and do a stg 3...Car has 207,000 miles.
Mercedes Benz E55 AMG
Old 16th August 2016
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jan 2014                                                
My Saabs: 02 9³ 'vert 99 9⁵ sdn 04 9⁵
Garage

Sign me up... STG2 for the '02 'vert
Old 29th August 2016
Saab Lunatic

Garage

Ok I need an official headcount

and if we want to setup an event of here and on facebook to try and pull a few more people to get tuned

Sponsored Links
Advertisement