NEVS Unveils New Strategic Product Plan - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > SAAB Corporate News

Notices

SAAB Corporate News For corporate news strictly about SAAB & NEVS (National Electric Vehicle Sweden AB)

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 14th December 2015

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: '06 9³ 2.0T Combi, BCB Stg 2
Garage
Default NEVS Unveils New Strategic Product Plan

Some new and surprising news coming out of NEVS

http://saabblog.net/2015/12/11/first...nched-in-2018/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense." - Steve Landesberg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14th December 2015

Garage

http://www.saabsunited.com/2015/12/p...inessplan.html

|

"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense." - Steve Landesberg
Old 14th December 2015

Garage

http://www.saabsunited.com/2015/12/nevs-whats-next.html

|

Old 15th December 2015

Garage

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/20...s-launch-date/

National Electric Vehicles Sweden (NEVS) has finally hatched a plan to relaunch Saab.

Hitting the reset button on a carmaker takes a tremendous amount of time and money, so don’t hold off on purchasing a new car in hopes of seeing Saab return to our shores in the next few months. The Swedish company’s revival won’t begin until it introduces a new, all-electric sedan in the summer of 2017. It will be based on the last generation of the 9-3, but NEVS promises that its engineers are keeping busy by thoroughly updating every single component including the chassis, the interior and the body work.

The yet-unnamed model — Saab isn’t expect to retain the 9-3 nameplate — will be built in Trollhättan, Sweden, for the local market, and it will be assembled in a new factory located in Tianjin, China, for the Chinese market. The 9-3 most likely won’t return to our shores, and NEVS execs explain it’s more of a pilot program on wheels designed to test the capacities of an assembly line that hasn’t churned out a car in a long time and put the electric powertrain through its paces than a volume-focused model.

The updated 9-3 will also help Saab generate the cash it needs to bring four brand new models to the market, all of which will eventually be sold in the United States. The company’s product plan calls for the launch of a compact SUV, a midsize SUV, a midsize crossover, and a fastback sedan that will replace the 9-3. All of these models will ride on a new platform called Phoenix, and they’ll be offered exclusively with an all-electric drivetrain; NEVS president Mattias Bergman has made it clear that Saab is moving away from conventional gasoline- and diesel-powered engines.

The ambitious revival plan is backed by wealthy partners such as the Bank of China, the China Development Bank, Dongfeng Motor, and the city of Tianjin, which has recently become one of NEVS’ shareholders. NEVS also plans on making money by manufacturing up to 60,000 cars annually in Sweden for companies that need extra production capacity. Negotiations with partners are on-going, but Bergman stopped short of confirming which firm(s) his team is talking to.

Only time will tell if NEVS has what it takes to prevent Saab from burning out. If the revival plan is successful, Saab will once again be Sweden’s second-largest automaker, behind long-time rival Volvo. If not, the once great company will likely join Mercury, Plymouth, Studebaker, and former sister company Pontiac in the pantheon of automotive history.

|

Old 19th December 2015

Join Date: Oct 2012                                                
My Saabs: Saab 9-3 Turbo X Manual Sedan
Garage

this is somewhat shocking... i don't seem to believe NEV can really release that many cars in this short amount of time...
Old 21st December 2015
SaabNut!

Join Date: Dec 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2009 93 SC, 2000 93 Viggen

While it would be great to see SAAB resurrected, I doubt it will be successful. Time to let this one die and be fondly remembered.
Old 22nd December 2015
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2008 TurboX MapTun Stage 4
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkydismal View Post
While it would be great to see SAAB resurrected, I doubt it will be successful. Time to let this one die and be fondly remembered.
Won't get anywhere with that kind of thinking..
2006 MapTun 9-3 Aero sedan (Sold)
Old 26th December 2015

Join Date: Jun 2014                                                
My Saabs: 2003 Saab 9-3 SE Convertible

I'll believe it when I see it. They seem to aim high, then crash and burn. Since they sold off the NG9-3 platform to Turkey, they really don't have anything to fall back on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement