Saab Owners' Convention 2019 - July 25-28 in Loveland, Colorado - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > Saab Events

Notices

Saab Events An up-to-date listing of Saab Clubs Events taking place Worldwide

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 17th October 2018

Join Date: Dec 2012                                                
My Saabs: 1999 9-3 Viggen
Default Saab Owners' Convention 2019 - July 25-28 in Loveland, Colorado

The Saab Club of North America and the Rocky Mountain Saab Club are pleased to announce that the 2019 Saab Owners' Convention will be held in Loveland, Colorado! The dates are Thursday, July 25th through Sunday, July 28th. The room block is available to reserve your rooms today via the below link. Information on full event registration and more details will be posted on the saabconvention website in early 2019. Save the date, and hope to see you next summer in Loveland!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 1015 SOC 19 Save the Date-700x466-640x426.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	248902  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29th October 2018

Join Date: Oct 2018                                                

Shared to our page on Facebook!
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Join Date: Jul 2003                                                
My Saabs: '90 900 turbo convert
Default A good time?

Hiya. Thinking about registering for the SOC as it's less than an hour from my place this year and I'll have the time off. Also not sure how long my 1990 Convertible is going to last. Seems like if there a time, this would be it. And I've not been to one before and it's a bit of a chunk of change even without the hotel.

Question for anyone who's attended one of these: Is it a good time? Something a C900 owner might enjoy? Anything I should look forward to or pass by?

A total dork-fest? A cult thing? (I'm ok with both of these.)

Do I need to detail the heck out of my car? (I would.) Do I need to get it in perfect mechanical condition? (I can't.) Would I want to straighten my antenna? (I might.)

Will I meet members of this forum?

Should I wear silly SAAB paraphernalia?

Should I bring a few bags of Werthers Original?

No kidding, I'm looking for wisdom and/or encouragement here.

Cheers,
Ben

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Join Date: May 2015                                                
My Saabs: 1988 900 turbo convertible

You should absolutely go and especially because itís in your area. I plan on driving and taking 2 Saabís from Sacramento one with all the patina and dents and dirt from 1969. Your c900 will be at home and you will be welcomed by all. I found SOC to be more than worth the ticket price.
Yes, wear all your SAAB gear and be prepared to geek out with everyone else. . If the antenna works, donít sweat it.
See ya there
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2008                                                
My Saabs: 00 Viggen MPS, 02 9-5 Aero Wg MikeD

We were fortunate enough to have it just 2 hrs from us last year in Solomons, MD. Incredible turn-out, all mix of owners and cars, great conversations none stop, well worth the asking price. Also consider a 'close-by' SOC could be another decade or more in the future, as they jump all over the US. Come as you are and have a great time.

Attached, the track event we organized for early-bird attendees. All had a blast, some re-lived the past!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0448.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	252932  
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Join Date: Nov 2018                                                
My Saabs: 2005 9≥ Aero Convertible

I am also a couple of hours away. Thinking of just going for a day. Any idea what that would cost? Which day is best (Saturday, I assume)? What sort of "events" are scheduled?

Also, are there usually people who can "tech-II" my car for a reasonable price? How about programming a spare key (I already have it lying in a drawer).
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabrosso View Post
I am also a couple of hours away. Thinking of just going for a day. Any idea what that would cost? Which day is best (Saturday, I assume)? What sort of "events" are scheduled?

Also, are there usually people who can "tech-II" my car for a reasonable price? How about programming a spare key (I already have it lying in a drawer).
Schedule and full program are now available here: https://saabclub.com/soc19-schedule/

Some sit-down talks and tech sessions, parts sale, car viewing of course. There will also be a Tech-II Reading on-site to assist with your needs.

Weekend passes are available as well, with some exclusive swag options: https://saabclubna.regfox.com/soc19.

Last edited by messiguy01; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:23 PM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Mar 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-5 Sedan, 2006 Sportcombi

Dang I might come up for the day.
Old 1 Week Ago
Saab Lunatic

Last year had such an impact (my 1st convention) that I'm making the trip from Virginia by way of Milwaukee (Brew City Boost) and Sturgis SD (Saab Heritage Car Museum USA). Locals definitely should come show support for the Rocky Mountain Saab Club!

Night at the Museum Event: https://www.saabmuseumusa.com/event/...at-the-museum/
Old 1 Week Ago

Join Date: Mar 2008                                                
My Saabs: 1993 900S Ruby Red Convertible
Default Chicago Owner Hoping to Attend

Hoping to make it to my first this year!
Old 23 Hours Ago
SaabNut!

Join Date: Dec 2010                                                
My Saabs: 10 9-5 aero , 08 Aero combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursatz View Post
Hiya. Thinking about registering for the SOC as it's less than an hour from my place this year and I'll have the time off. Also not sure how long my 1990 Convertible is going to last. Seems like if there a time, this would be it. And I've not been to one before and it's a bit of a chunk of change even without the hotel.

Question for anyone who's attended one of these: Is it a good time? Something a C900 owner might enjoy? Anything I should look forward to or pass by?

A total dork-fest? A cult thing? (I'm ok with both of these.)

Do I need to detail the heck out of my car? (I would.) Do I need to get it in perfect mechanical condition? (I can't.) Would I want to straighten my antenna? (I might.)

Will I meet members of this forum?

Should I wear silly SAAB paraphernalia?

Should I bring a few bags of Werthers Original?

No kidding, I'm looking for wisdom and/or encouragement here.

Cheers,
Ben

The only reason teh price shows as that much is because it includes meals . if you buy just the weekend pass its like 60 bucks . its worth going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement