Ohio saab clubs or groups - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > Saab Events

Notices

Saab Events An up-to-date listing of Saab Clubs Events taking place Worldwide

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 20th June 2018

Join Date: Mar 2011                                                
My Saabs: black 01 saab 93 SE
Garage
Default Ohio saab clubs or groups

Just wondering I did a Saab run back 2013 it was a lot of fun hoping to find like minded ppl in central oh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1st October 2018

Join Date: Oct 2018                                                

I'm from the Toledo area, but if you ever hear of a saab meetup in Ohio I'd happy to attend.
Old 5th October 2018

Join Date: May 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 SS 2.0 6Spd JZW Stage 1
Garage

Alas me laddies, the halcyon days of Saab ownership are past.

But kick back and let me tell you about the good old days. Pop open a cold adult beverage and relax, this may take some time. You kids over there, get the hell off my lawn!

You see, as recently as a few years ago there was a fellow on here every day, a mod in fact, named CleveSaab who hailed from . . . Pittsburgh. Just kidding, he resides in Cleveland. Circa 2004 he organized a little Saab gathering. And that little gathering evolved into an annual multi-national Saab extravaganzo held at Findley State Park just south of Lorain, on the outskirts of quaint and bucolic Wellington, Ohio (former cheese capital of North America).

To make a long story unbearably long, and suicidal thought inducingly boring . . . OK, I'll spare you all that. Folks from all over Ohio and several other states showed up over the course of its existence, and from Canada as well.

If you are interested, here are a number of the threads we had going to get those meets together, and which include some after-action reportage, from most recent to oldest (Note: As most of us used Photosucket at the time, nearly all the pics that were posted are now gone into the cyberether):

07/12/08 Findley St. Pk. Saaboree (2008)

Annual Findley SP Ohio Summer BlowOut (2008)

Ohio Saab meet -gathering interest- (2007)

End of June Saab meet, North Ohio (2006)

NE Ohio Saabcentral Springtime meet 5/21-5/23 (2004)

During the ten years subsequent to the 2008 event, some members have moved on and away from Saab. At least one has simply moved on, as TomyTurbos, a Columbus based certified Saab tech passed away in March of 2013.

But be of heart, as there remain a dedicated and hardcore few still on here from Ohio. Organizing a get together may be a little tougher to do these days, but it can be done if you want it bad enough.

Old 5th October 2018
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: 94 900SE V6, 2000 9-5 Aero mt

I'd be interested. I am very busy in my personal life with work and church duties, but still manage to tinker with Saabs. I got my dad to finally drink the kool-aid this year and so I spend some time tinkering with his as well.
A good friend from work who drives an MGB often attends local car's and coffee events. He always tells me about them and tries to get me to go, but on any given Saturday I am actually WORKING on the car, not looking at other peoples cars!!

Still, I think if I were organizing something, I'd promote a car/coffee type event, even someone else's event that the Saab guys could just coordinate meeting up at.

Agree with Saaboheme though, many saab enthusiasts have moved on... Sad but true.

2000 9-5 Aero mt
Old 5th October 2018
Saab Lunatic

Dad and I attended a river run this year with our Saab's. It was the Eric Jones memorial river run. Started in Columbus. It is pretty much an open invitation to cars of all sorts. Perhaps that would be fun to plan and gather interest in next spring?

2000 9-5 Aero mt
Old 5th October 2018
Saab Lunatic

For a short moment this summer we had three convertibles in the family (blue one sold now). We had our own little convoy for a covered bridge tour when relatives were in town!

2000 9-5 Aero mt
Old 3rd December 2018

Join Date: Oct 2013                                                
My Saabs: 2010 Saab 9-3 2.0L Turbo 4dr Sedan

Those are some good looking Saabs right there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement