Loving the new layout - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Vendors > TheSaabSite.com

Notices

TheSaabSite.com TheSaabSite.com

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 6th March 2015

Join Date: May 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 SS 2.0 6Spd JZW Stage 1
Garage
Default Loving the new layout

I am going to miss the old look, like having my best friend move away, but this new layout is a great improvement. Job well done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 8th March 2015
Super Moderator

Join Date: Mar 2003                                                
My Saabs: 1978 99T in black

I don't like it When you have a car that 99% of the parts are NLA (another story...) trying to browse for available parts is nigh on impossible with the new layout At least with the old design the images were larger so you could see at a glance what it was without having to click the tiny thumbnail.

What would help a lot is to be able to filter out NLA parts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 9th March 2015

Join Date: May 2013                                                
My Saabs: 2011 9-3 and 2011 9-5

Thanks Guys,

We appreciate the feedback.With any change comes some fear of the unknown but it also brings new opportunities. We are in the process of updating the search capability to make this more user friendly, be sure to check back with us in the coming days for the update.

The biggest improvement you’ll find with the site is the availability of the full Saab electronic parts catalog search function.And it can be done VIN specific, meaning you can also search for parts specifically for your car.Additionally, we now offer a larger and broader range of Saab Original parts and exciting new products and services at a value previously not available.

We hope everyone visits our site and sees first hand our passion for the Saab brand.

Old 15th March 2015
Super Moderator

If you could make one change - my request would be to be able to filter out parts that simply aren't available please.

Related to that there are a few crucial parts for the older cards that really SHOULD be available!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 18th March 2015

Thanks Nutcase,

We still appreciate the feedback. I'm not sure there any sites or catalogs in the business that can filter in the manner you request. We understand the passion (I have several old Saabs myself) and we would love to list and sell every part Saab ever made but realistically that isn't possible. We will continue to offer a larger and broader range of Saab Original parts while we revisit older parts that are still available. In some cases we have contracted with new manufacturers to procure parts that have been previously unavailable. As you can imagine we have to prioritize and maximize our efforts to the newer models first just because of the sheer size of their population. Rest assured if there are any older discontinued parts that we can make the business case to support the volumes we will do it.

Thanks Again Guys!
Old 23rd March 2015

Hi again guys,
I found a key feature we just added and it was just what you wanted . When you search it can now filter by two categories: Showing buyable parts or Show all parts. Look at the bottom of the selection after you have drilled down to the specific area and you will see those. It looks like the default is BUYABLE PARTS.

This was a direct result of feedback from customers just like yourselves. Kudos to our IT team for responding to our customers!

Have a Great Day!
Old 23rd March 2015
Super Moderator

Fantastic

Although it filters out the ones showing as available from Sweden?

Old 25th March 2015

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabParts-NorthAmerica View Post
The biggest improvement you’ll find with the site is the availability of the full Saab electronic parts catalog search function.And it can be done VIN specific, meaning you can also search for parts specifically for your car.Additionally, we now offer a larger and broader range of Saab Original parts and exciting new products and services at a value previously not available.

Yes, it was the inclusion of EPC that I was happy to see. It took me a few days to get used to all the new site changes and to get the nuances down, but I find it more helpful in many ways. Nutcase made some good points and it is very gratifying to see that you were able to respond in a constructive and helpful way - and so quickly too. Very well done. I may be presumptuous in speaking for others, but we appreciate your continuing support of the Saab Marque.
Old 26th March 2015

Thumbs up

Thanks for the compliments guys.

We work hard every day to improve your experience with the site, many changes you cannot see but this was one of the best we have implemented IMHO. I also approached our team with your latest recommendations (nutcase) to see when they could also be incorporated.

Keep the suggestions coming and I will pass them along!
Old 22nd May 2016

Garage

Just dropping back by to say how useful that VIN search has been while I look for another Saab. It is so helpful to be able to see how any particular vehicle was equipped by the factory. Thank you again.
Old 24th May 2016

Thanks Saabohème,

We strive to make it as easy as possible to find the part or information you need.

Saab Parts North America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement