Could Koenigsegg save Saab? - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > SAAB Corporate News

Notices

SAAB Corporate News For corporate news strictly about SAAB & NEVS (National Electric Vehicle Sweden AB)

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 22nd March 2015

Join Date: Dec 2014                                                
Default Could Koenigsegg save Saab?

COuld Koenigsegg be part of these ongoing negotiations to revive Saab?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/koenigs...e-porsche-911/

Quote:
Koenigsegg certainly wowed the automotive world at this year’s Geneva motor show. Between the 1160-hp Agera RS and the absolutely mind-blowing Regera with 1500 horses and no conventional transmission, it’s safe to say that Christian von Koenigsegg’s namesake hypercar company is uninterested in following convention. Which is why it’s a bit surprising to hear that the madman-in-chief could consider building a four-door Koenigsegg, following in the footsteps of so many other high-performance brands. Just don’t expect a Porsche 911–fighter out of the Swedish firm.

In an interview with Top Gear, von Koenigsegg was coerced into admitting that a four-door could be in the cards for the Swedish boutique builder. “Yes, I can imagine a car like that,” von Koenigsegg told them. “Maybe within the next five years, possibly earlier than that.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22nd March 2015
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Oct 2007                                                
My Saabs: 1985 900spg Hillclimb car 2001 Saab 93 s
Garage

Hmmm that would be a fantasy come true!
Old 22nd March 2015
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Jan 2010                                                
My Saabs: 280-XWD Aero & a 2.0 XWD

No. Let's not get any false hope here .. note he said he was happy on the outer lunatic fringe over on the dark side of Porsche.

Translation .. if you are reading this you can't afford it. Yeah, it may be a 4 door but it will be an uber expensive 4 door.

He backed away from Saab because he realized that there was a world of difference between putting out three cars a day and three thousand, and he didn't want any part of that world. Sad because there still may have been a Saab today.

Old 22nd March 2015

Join Date: Dec 2014                                                

Saab is a different deal these days than what existed back in 2010, they've gotten quite used to putting out three cars a day lately. lol

I realize this is all speculation, but maybe there's some final scenario where the defense contractor licenses the Saab name to Koenigsegg?

NEVS is in talks with two automakers supposedly. One is Mahindra, what's the other one?

Koenigsegg changes their mouthful of a name to Saab? They could rent out part of the facility in Trollhattan and produce whatever they want -- supercars or electric four-doors or whatever.

It would be a better outcome for the brand than Mahindra slapping the logo onto some cheap garbage and calling it a Saab.
Old 23rd March 2015

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: '06 9³ 2.0T Combi, BCB Stg 2
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcassidy View Post
Saab is a different deal these days than what existed back in 2010, they've gotten quite used to putting out three cars a day lately. lol

I realize this is all speculation, but maybe there's some final scenario where the defense contractor licenses the Saab name to Koenigsegg?

NEVS is in talks with two automakers supposedly. One is Mahindra, what's the other one?

Koenigsegg changes their mouthful of a name to Saab? They could rent out part of the facility in Trollhattan and produce whatever they want -- supercars or electric four-doors or whatever.

It would be a better outcome for the brand than Mahindra slapping the logo onto some cheap garbage and calling it a Saab.
There's been no 100%, irrefutable confirmation whatsoever that Mahindra is the actual OEM in negotiations. Up until now it's all been speculations and such.

And even if it is Mahindra (and another OEM party), there's been rampant rumors (again, nothing 100% confirmed) that SAAB AB has played hard-to-get as far as allowing yet another party to have the license to use the SAAB name for a car brand.

Having said all of that , I think KoenigSAAB has a nice ring to it (which in Swedish translates to King's SAAB )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense." - Steve Landesberg
Old 23rd May 2015

Join Date: May 2015                                                
My Saabs: 2001 9-5
Default I know the rumours, how GM didn't want their research...

used by Chinese? None of this makes sense.

What happened
Old 24th May 2015

Join Date: Aug 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9³ Aero SS, 2011 9-4X Aero
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by robvolz View Post
used by Chinese? None of this makes sense.

What happened
Not really the thread topic.
Old 24th May 2015

Join Date: May 2015                                                
My Saabs: 900se, Viggen
Garage

while a 4 door would be a cool change i agree that it would be quite possibly the most unaffordable 4 door ever
Old 5th June 2015
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2008 TurboX MapTun Stage 4
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhviggen View Post
while a 4 door would be a cool change i agree that it would be quite possibly the most unaffordable 4 door ever
Just so you know this is unfortunately old news and not going to happen.. Sadly to say even NEVS dropped the SAAB brand logo and unless things progress in the next few weeks/month or so it's not looking very good for SAAB...
2006 MapTun 9-3 Aero sedan (Sold)
Old 10th August 2015

Join Date: Feb 2013                                                
My Saabs: 2007 2.8 AT Vert

didn't want to start a new thread on this so pasting it in here incase someone missed, they did a "Ask me anything" on their homepage, one question was what the idea/interest was behind buying SAAB:

http://koenigsegg.com/ama1-with-chri...igsegg-part-1/
Old 18th October 2015

Join Date: Jul 2015                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 Aero XWD

It's a shame that no one thinks Saab is worth saving. I keep watching Top Gear's farewell to Saab and shaking my head. How did it come to this?
Old 18th October 2015
Banned

Join Date: May 2014                                                
My Saabs: All original sports combi

That would be a great venture, but the question is would they share their tech with SAAB and vise versa?
Old 8th January 2016

Join Date: Nov 2007                                                
My Saabs: Volvo V70

Top gear saab tribute was great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement