Suspected Scammer - Scott MacLean - SaabCentral Forums
*
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum


Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab MarketPlace > Suspected Marketplace Scammers & Spammers

Notices

Suspected Marketplace Scammers & Spammers Help SC by reporting any suspicious scammers or spammers here, so they can be brought to the attention of the Moderating and Admin team.

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 20th September 2014
FiveStar's Avatar
FiveStar FiveStar is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007                                                
Location: PA
My Saabs: '07 93
Posts: 1,453
Default Suspected Scammer - Scott MacLean

Be cautious of this guy Scotmbb107 (Scott MacLean email [email protected]), he tried to scam me out of the $900 i paid him for these wheels. Sent payment on Friday the 12th and he went and sold the wheels to another guy on Saturday the 13th. I havnt heard from Scott since, tried reaching him on Facebook, but he immediately blocked me. currently a PayPal dispute/claim against him where he still isn't responding and his account is now frozen.

stay classy Scott.
__________________
2006 93 AERO & 2007 93 AERO
SAABs of the Mid-Atlantic Facebook Group:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 21st September 2014
SaabKen's Avatar
SaabKen SaabKen is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
My Saabs: '06 9³ 2.0T Combi, BCB Stg 2
Posts: 31,227
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
Be cautious of this guy Scotmbb107 (Scott MacLean email [email protected]), he tried to scam me out of the $900 i paid him for these wheels. Sent payment on Friday the 12th and he went and sold the wheels to another guy on Saturday the 13th. I havnt heard from Scott since, tried reaching him on Facebook, but he immediately blocked me. currently a PayPal dispute/claim against him where he still isn't responding and his account is now frozen.

stay classy Scott.
Above post is part of this thread:

https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=425082
__________________
2006 9³ 2.0T SportCombi BCB Stg 2 | 2004 Subaru Outback H6 3.0 | 1993 9000 CSE (RIP)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense." - Steve Landesberg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 22nd September 2014
Saabohème Saabohème is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004                                                
Location: Columbus, Ohio
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 SS 2.0 6Spd JZW Stage 1
Posts: 11,166
Garage
Default

Scotmbb107 claims to work for Valenti Audi in CT: See post no. 21
Tailspin in Ellington CT bought a car from him: See post no. 11

Last edited by Saabohème; 22nd September 2014 at 12:32 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 22nd September 2014
SaabKen's Avatar
SaabKen SaabKen is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
My Saabs: '06 9³ 2.0T Combi, BCB Stg 2
Posts: 31,227
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabohème View Post
Scotmbb107 claims to work for Valenti Audi in CT: See post no. 21
Tailspin in Ellington CT bought a car from him: See post no. 11
FiveStar, has your dispute with Scotmbb107 been resolved yet ?
__________________
2006 9³ 2.0T SportCombi BCB Stg 2 | 2004 Subaru Outback H6 3.0 | 1993 9000 CSE (RIP)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense." - Steve Landesberg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 25th September 2014
9-3gotboostAERO's Avatar
9-3gotboostAERO 9-3gotboostAERO is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008                                                
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
My Saabs: owns a volvo?
Posts: 4,509
Default

I messaged him on facebook since we are in the same group to see if any more news has come from this
__________________
10 Volvo S80 T6- Hers, fully loaded.
08 9-7x 5.3i-His, loaded, muffler delete.
93 c900 turbo vert-Project car time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 30th September 2014
Saabohème Saabohème is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004                                                
Location: Columbus, Ohio
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 SS 2.0 6Spd JZW Stage 1
Posts: 11,166
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-3gotboostAERO View Post
I messaged him on facebook since we are in the same group to see if any more news has come from this
Any word yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 1st October 2014
9-3gotboostAERO's Avatar
9-3gotboostAERO 9-3gotboostAERO is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008                                                
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
My Saabs: owns a volvo?
Posts: 4,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabohème View Post
Any word yet?
He is letting paypal take care of it, no word from the suspect in question
__________________
10 Volvo S80 T6- Hers, fully loaded.
08 9-7x 5.3i-His, loaded, muffler delete.
93 c900 turbo vert-Project car time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10th October 2014
FiveStar's Avatar
FiveStar FiveStar is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007                                                
Location: PA
My Saabs: '07 93
Posts: 1,453
Default Scotmbb107 - Scammer!

Scott MacLean aka Scotmbb107 on here and VWVortex Forums. From Southbury, Connecticut.

SAABCentral Post: https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=425082

VWVortex Post: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ent-Condition)

paid/paypal'd (luckily) him $900 for a set of wheels he had listed for sale on here and VWVortex forum, transaction went through and was told wheels would be shipped out next week (paid late on a friday night).

exchanged emails until sunday or monday checking the status with no issues. i checked the VWvortex forum the next day to see if he updated this thread saying they were sold and he did..... but someone else replied saying "can't wait to get these on my cc!"

immediately contacted scott to make sure there was a mistake, but turns out he sold the wheels on saturday to another guy who picked them up.

tried emailing Scott, but got no reply, continued emailing him for the next 3 days, again with no replies.

looked him up on Facebook and tried to contact him, he immediacy blocked me. i messaged the guy on the VWvortex forum asking if he really got the wheel and he said he went and picked the up saturday morning, less than 12hours after i paid $900 for them. he also gave me scotts cell number, which i called, but scott canceled the line.

scott told me he was a veteran at selling items, since literally all his posts on VWvortex forum and on here are parts for sale (over 100 post/items on VWvortex, dating back to 2011), so i trusted him, but ended up getting scammed.

luckily the payment was through paypal, so i made a claim/dispute, where scott still never responded, so i received a full refund from paypal, because apparently scott cashed out the $900 within the 3-4 days of no contact. paypal informed me his account would be put into the negative if that was the case and it would also be frozen.

i was very lucky, so hopefully this will save other the possible headache of dealing with this guy.

stay classy Scott MacLean.
__________________
2006 93 AERO & 2007 93 AERO
SAABs of the Mid-Atlantic Facebook Group:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 11th October 2014
FiveStar's Avatar
FiveStar FiveStar is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007                                                
Location: PA
My Saabs: '07 93
Posts: 1,453
Default

sorry guys! totally missed this thread!

yes, got my $900 back from paypal, this was after they gave scott 10 days to dispute my claim, with no reply from him.

i received his phone number from the guy who actually got the wheels and scott cancelled the number
__________________
2006 93 AERO & 2007 93 AERO
SAABs of the Mid-Atlantic Facebook Group:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 11th October 2014
Diggs's Avatar
Diggs Diggs is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2003                                                
Location: Flyover Country
My Saabs: 2003 9³SS Linear; 2015 VW GTI
Posts: 18,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
Scott MacLean aka Scotmbb107 on here and VWVortex Forums. From Southbury, Connecticut.

SAABCentral Post: https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=425082

VWVortex Post: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ent-Condition)

paid/paypal'd (luckily) him $900 for a set of wheels he had listed for sale on here and VWVortex forum, transaction went through and was told wheels would be shipped out next week (paid late on a friday night).

exchanged emails until sunday or monday checking the status with no issues. i checked the VWvortex forum the next day to see if he updated this thread saying they were sold and he did..... but someone else replied saying "can't wait to get these on my cc!"

immediately contacted scott to make sure there was a mistake, but turns out he sold the wheels on saturday to another guy who picked them up.

tried emailing Scott, but got no reply, continued emailing him for the next 3 days, again with no replies.

looked him up on Facebook and tried to contact him, he immediacy blocked me. i messaged the guy on the VWvortex forum asking if he really got the wheel and he said he went and picked the up saturday morning, less than 12hours after i paid $900 for them. he also gave me scotts cell number, which i called, but scott canceled the line.

scott told me he was a veteran at selling items, since literally all his posts on VWvortex forum and on here are parts for sale (over 100 post/items on VWvortex, dating back to 2011), so i trusted him, but ended up getting scammed.

luckily the payment was through paypal, so i made a claim/dispute, where scott still never responded, so i received a full refund from paypal, because apparently scott cashed out the $900 within the 3-4 days of no contact. paypal informed me his account would be put into the negative if that was the case and it would also be frozen.

i was very lucky, so hopefully this will save other the possible headache of dealing with this guy.

stay classy Scott MacLean.
The so called "buyer" joined that forum in August. $5 says it's Scott or a buddy. He never had the wheels.
__________________
The answer is almost always....Tech2.
You can either buy one or be a slave to your mechanic/dealer when you need repairs. Your choice.

Never have less than TWO working key fobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 11th October 2014
SaabKen's Avatar
SaabKen SaabKen is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
My Saabs: '06 9³ 2.0T Combi, BCB Stg 2
Posts: 31,227
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
sorry guys! totally missed this thread!

yes, got my $900 back from paypal, this was after they gave scott 10 days to dispute my claim, with no reply from him.

i received his phone number from the guy who actually got the wheels and scott cancelled the number
__________________
2006 9³ 2.0T SportCombi BCB Stg 2 | 2004 Subaru Outback H6 3.0 | 1993 9000 CSE (RIP)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense." - Steve Landesberg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 11th October 2014
9-3gotboostAERO's Avatar
9-3gotboostAERO 9-3gotboostAERO is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008                                                
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
My Saabs: owns a volvo?
Posts: 4,509
Default

Shall I ban and clean scott from our forums?
__________________
10 Volvo S80 T6- Hers, fully loaded.
08 9-7x 5.3i-His, loaded, muffler delete.
93 c900 turbo vert-Project car time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 11th October 2014
Saabohème Saabohème is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004                                                
Location: Columbus, Ohio
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 SS 2.0 6Spd JZW Stage 1
Posts: 11,166
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-3gotboostAERO View Post
Shall I ban and clean scott from our forums?
I think he has been registered for longer than 300 days, so you cannot use one-touch ban & clean on him - you need to bring out the Super Duper Merlin Magic Markers

Last edited by SaabKen; 11th October 2014 at 12:52 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SaabCentral Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suspected alternator hughkimber 9000 Workshop 2 19th July 2004 07:25 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

top of page | sitemap | email us



copyright © 2003 - 2011 saabcentral.com, All rights reserved http://www.whiter.co.uk - valid xhtml - valid css
SaabCentral is an independently run website and is not affiliated in any way to Saab Automobile AB.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.