Trionic Conversion A/C integration and wire questions - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab C900, 1979-1993 & '94 Convertible (C=classic) > C900 Workshop

Notices

C900 Workshop Classic 900 (1979-1993 & '94 Convertible) Technical Forum.

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 5 Days Ago

Join Date: Feb 2019                                                
My Saabs: 1993 CC
Default Trionic Conversion A/C integration and wire questions

Hi,

I'm Sven from Germany and doing a T5 conversion on my '93 Lucas FPT right now. Hardware is done, Software and t7 valve mod also. Harness is nearly done, but i've a few questions.

First: i ripped of the old APC harness. But in the fuse box, there are two loose yellow/white cabels now, that are going to plug 152b and 152c to the main harness under the dashboard. I can't find, for what they are for.

Next: I want to integrate my A/C. I got a blue/white, a red/white and a grey/white cable from the AC Plug. Shall i plug them in to the Trionic ECU?
The thick grey/red and the red for the compressor is clear. Also i found a Video on YT, where someone tells, that you don't need the pressure switch with the circuit (red cable) in the water hose anymore. Is that true? Is there a function in the trionic ECU?

Ah and the BPC Valve Plug got the blue cable and usually the orange one. But my t5 harness only got the green and the blue one in it's plug. So i gorget the green one (Valve mode is done) and give the BPC Valve voltage. Wher should i take the voltage best from. Doing it with a fuse? Maybe from the main relais or the harness? I want to build a Fusebox. It should be +15, right?

And last: I want to integrate the EVAP System. I got the cables in the T5 Harness. Also the red/yellow cable from the EVAP Valve, that goes thru the firewall. And i got a grey/white one from the old Lucas Harness. Wich of them should i conect with what?

Maybe someone knows the Lucas Diagrams...

Sven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2004                                                
My Saabs: LOTS. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaberati View Post
Hi,
First: i ripped of the old APC harness. But in the fuse box, there are two loose yellow/white cabels now, that are going to plug 152b and 152c to the main harness under the dashboard. I can't find, for what they are for.
If these are from the APC harness, I would expect they are for the pressure sensor under the dash. It tells APC the current charging pressure.

Quote:
Next: I want to integrate my A/C. I got a blue/white, a red/white and a grey/white cable from the AC Plug. Shall i plug them in to the Trionic ECU?
The thick grey/red and the red for the compressor is clear. Also i found a Video on YT, where someone tells, that you don't need the pressure switch with the circuit (red cable) in the water hose anymore. Is that true? Is there a function in the trionic ECU?
I believe there is just one wire which goes back to Trionic, but I would look at the T5 pinout & explanation at txsuite.com to be sure. The single wire tells Trionic AC is active so it can raise the idle speed. The sensor in the water hose is a temp sensor - it disables AC if the engine temperature gets too high. It was a safety system that really was never needed... by the time it interrupts the AC, the engine is already baked anyway.

Quote:
And last: I want to integrate the EVAP System. I got the cables in the T5 Harness. Also the red/yellow cable from the EVAP Valve, that goes thru the firewall. And i got a grey/white one from the old Lucas Harness. Wich of them should i conect with what?
I don't know anything about Lucas, but the evap purge valve needs switched power from somewhere, and the single wire from the T5 ECM connected. The valve is controlled by T5 pulsing the ground.
Old 5 Days Ago

Thanks for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanabra View Post
I believe there is just one wire which goes back to Trionic, but I would look at the T5 pinout & explanation at txsuite.com to be sure. The single wire tells Trionic AC is active so it can raise the idle speed.
Yes, the pinout diagram of the T5 Ecu says: PIN 59 - A/C input - green/white cable and PIN 54 A/C out - white/red cable.

On the A/C Plug in my engine compartment i have a green/white that goes to the +15 distribution terminal (so it's switched?), red/white cable that goes to the A/C Relais and a blue/white one that goes to to the anti freeze thermostat inside the air housing.
Hmm, wich one goes to PIN 59 of the Ecu and what will happening with the two others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanabra View Post
The sensor in the water hose is a temp sensor - it disables AC if the engine temperature gets too high. It was a safety system that really was never needed... by the time it interrupts the AC, the engine is already baked anyway.

Old 5 Days Ago

Ah - could it be, that the green/white +15 ist the one from the ignition switch??(The outer right one on my screenshot).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-11 um 20.54.08.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	253488  
Old 5 Days Ago
Saab Lunatic

My Saabs: LOTS. :)

It could be. On older fuel injection, the button turns the AC on and the relay tells the fuel injection "AC is on." On modern fuel injection, the switch tells the computer to turn the AC on... I'm not sure where Trionic falls into that - my car has no AC!
Old 5 Days Ago
Saab on the Brain!

My Saabs: '94 T16 Ruby 3dr, '93 T16 Ruby Vert.

On the 900 there is an input to the ECU to raise the idle with AC on to cope with the extra drag.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement