SaabCentral Forums banner

15" winter rims on a 06 9-3 2.0T Sedan?????

717 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Diggs 
#1 ·
Can I downsize -1 (1 inch) from the stock 16" rims to 15" rims for winter purposes? I've read some say yes, but for the older models. The stock brakes seem quite large?

#2 ·
If the 15" wheels don't fit it will be due to brake clearance. I've never tried it.
A quick web view at tirerack confirms they are not recommending a 15" wheel size option - I'm guessing that -1 is 16" wheels since many of these cars were sold with 17" wheels.
If it were me: call tirerack and see if they have a definitive answer. Or, visit a tire shop were you will buy some winter tire solution and ask them to put your car on a lift and experiment with a 15" wheel for a definitive answer.

#3 ·
There are no 15" wheel options listed in the Owner's Manual. I would figure that means 15" wheels won't fit, period. (9-5s with regular brakes are allowed 15" wheels, even though you would never see one outfitted like that, at least not in North America.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.