My Norwegian Saab 9-5 Estate Project - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-5 Mk.I, 1998-2009 > 9-5 Performance, Mods & Tuning

9-5 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the 9-5

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 2nd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jan 2015                                                
My Saabs: Saab 9-5
Smile My Norwegian Saab 9-5 Estate Project

Hello.

Posting a project thread on my 9-5 Estate 2000 mod. 280hp and 410 Nm

Done some with my car since I bought it. So here is what I've done so far. And what is and will be done with the car ahead.

Also mentions that this is my first Saab, and also the first car with turbo.
This is how the car looked, when I brought it in Brumunddal (place in Norway) 15/01/14. The price I gave for the car, was Nkr. 15000, - And had run 149.000 km.

So here we go.

So after some washing, leather cleaning and polishing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Positiv; 3rd May 2015 at 10:25 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2nd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

Got me a 2001 car for parts for Nkr. 2,500 - Where it was newly fitted Bilstein B8 shocks, and a new 2.5 "half pipe system. Otherwise, 16" alloy wheels, which I have used in the winter. Tok all the parts from the vehicle, that I can use for reserve.

Here is something I disassembly.

When I changed the discs and mounted B8 shocks, did I also put on eback springs. And I took and reconditioned handbrake thoroughly.

Put on standard disc with brake pads. And Bilstein shocks. Cleaning and refurbished and had hammer paint on.

Old 2nd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

Since the headlights from the part car was in top condition, I replace those, after some cleaning.

Sanded and coated frame arms.

Mounted Carbone imitation on the dashboard and doors.

Fitted into a 7" player with gps video. Also replaced all speakers. Uses the original amplifier to the speakers, and has a separate monoblock for sub`n.

Old 2nd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

And then I went over what is done with rust on the car. I replaced the corner ranks in the trunk, I see that there is some rust in the well on both sides.

Would try and take the rust my Self, but it was not good at all So I send it away to be done from an professional painter. Beyond that, there is no rust on the car.

The first time I try and take rust. And it was not so good

Old 2nd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

did professionals it. And then it become nice. Just had to try myself

So when was it that I had painted rear fender and door. But the deal was that they would also paint the front door, in order to avoid separating the old and new paint. But he believed that it was not necessary and varnish door promotion, which was the deal, and one looks at the color separation. But that can happen when you negotiating down the price so much that they will not do the hole job. Find out afterwards that they made a bad deal. But never mind. Am going to paint the whole car enyway

Looks just divide by direct sunlight on the car, but it holds for me. And then there was something rust on the bottom of the hatch behind, which was also taken. And mounted on the new Saab
logo.

Old 2nd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

The rims can be seen in the images above, came with when I bought the car. But they were border ran, and unattractive. So I sanded them down and painted them. Here the result was, okay. Bought new tires and they were used last summer. But for next season, there will be 18 "or 19" Zito Milano wheels. As shown below.

Here's Zito rims.

Old 2nd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

When I do not like chrome grill. I took and remove all of the chrom, and sanded and varnished it. But the painting was not made by me By painting the car, I will remove the bar that Saab emblem sits on, and have net with emblem where only turbo. Mounted also Roof spoiler, which was primed and painted. And eyelids.

[img]http://i334.photobucket.com/al
bums/m436/banangutten/Saab%209-5%202014/Pusse%20Og%20Lakkere%20Takspoiler/P8074784.jpg[/img]

Old 2nd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

It is well mostly it is done with the car exterior. When I wanted and get more hp, I had to put myself into what needed to be updated. Replaced the original turbo with a Mitsubishi TD04HL and replacing ic with an aluminum from KL racing, cobra intake, snorkel from diesel car, 3 "Maptun down pipe flexipipe, 2.3l aero clutch mm.

Ic.

Snorkel.

Old 2nd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

Cobra tube. Changed the various impeller and multirem.

Switched also out servo pump when the one I had had begun and howl at the steering wheel. So buy a new non-original from Latvia, via ebay. But it was just ****, so I sent it back. Took and mounted the one I had lying from the part car, as mentioned earlier. And then was it well.

Old 2nd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

Aero clutch, and program box from the tuning company.

Down pipe with flexi pipe being fitted in these days.

Got me a pressure tube in aluminum, which is sanded and polished. Also received the other day silicone hoses. And I bought discs and pads from EBC. The discs are 308 mm.

So it was cool and vacuum hoses. And it was a challenge and get
some clips to the cooling hoses on.

Old 2nd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

Plaster and painted battery tray.

So I installed a new windshield, fog lamps, fuel filter, water thermostat, interior filter, Hendler the space heater, when it did not come hot on the one the left side, when the vehicle was purchased. Oil filter, engine oil and pears in the instrument panel. And it was a challenge, for the reason that I first switched the bulbs had gone. Put the meter back, and then there were others who seemed. Did it sometimes, and then it was finally good. But now it has gone a bulb at the gas meter, and it will be replaced when I replace the dashboard of one that is completely black. And I shall have beige seats and door trim, and black carpet. From 2006 to 2010 mod.

The car will then be like this, with the new interior. Being well that I have to travel to Sweden and find such a set. And if it is from a chopped I will stay there until the parts are replaced. Only dash I take with me and change at home.

Old 2nd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

So will I replace the steering wheel with one from Maptun, and the floor mats.

Some time ago I was in Uddevalla and bought a new bodykit, from Realcar. That will be mounted just before the car will be painted. When it comes to the front bumper, I most want and assemble fog lamps on either side. But it is not easy and find a plate that covers the holes. So the one who is to Bora, but it had not the right height. But working on it, so we'll see what it turns into.

I'll will paint the door list and handles in the same color as the car.

So with fog, it'll be something like this.

More to come. Will continue tomorrow.

Regards
Bent

Old 2nd May 2015
SaabNut!

Join Date: Apr 2012                                                
My Saabs: 02 9-3, 08 9-5 Aero Wagon,07 9-3 Aero

neat car mate.

is the rear spoiler off ebay poland? If so, how was the fittment.
Old 3rd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by levyraccoon View Post
neat car mate.

is the rear spoiler off ebay poland? If so, how was the fittment.
Thanks Mr.

Am sure you also get this spoiler from Poland. And the fitness of the one I got, was fine. No problem at all

Old 3rd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

Hello.

Then I ordered grill for fog lights. And grill is a Bmw E83. Be adapted to the fender. Is not always best to buy on eBay, then the most inexpensive I got over there, was Nkr. 157, - incl. Shipping pr. side. While I got it from GS automobile (Oslo) for only $. 76, - pr. side. (it is inclusive. My 20% discount)

So will I replace the original aluminium grill, which is something simple stuff. But get one, in hard plastic.

Shall also have the same net on the grill between the headlights. And here I will remove the bar as the Saab brand is mounted.

Like this.

Some inspiration pictures

Old 3rd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

Yes, then there will be a trip to Sweden just after Easter. Got pictures of the seats and doorcover from my 07 mod. present day. And as you can see from the photos, the seats / door trims, without appreciable wear. So after a thorough wash and skin cleanser, so it should be good. Get more pictures tomorrow, the rest of the interior is from two 07 Estate cars.

Old 3rd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

Old 3rd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

Pressure pipe from an 98.

Things that were replaced.

Roof rail, Seats, Carpet, Center console, headlining, dashboard (not changed yet) Everything in the luggage, door trim, belts, carpet, mirrors, sun visors.

Old 3rd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

Old 3rd May 2015
Saab Lunatic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement