Tires - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-2X, 9-4X & 9-7X Workshop > Saab 9-2X, 9-4X & 9-7X Workshop

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 23rd September 2012

Join Date: May 2010                                                
My Saabs: none yet
Default Tires

I have had my 2008 9-7x, 5.3 for just over 2 years now and it is time to replace the tires. Any suggestions, for or against any tires for this vehicle. I tow with my 9-7x, approximately 5000lbs, about 500-1000 miles a year and mostly to and from work 20 miles round trip every day. Any suggestions will help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24th September 2012
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jan 2007                                                
My Saabs: Saab 9-7X 5.3

do you run winter tires ? or just 1 set for both winter and summer ?
Old 24th September 2012

Join Date: May 2012                                                
My Saabs: '06 9-7X 5.3i
Garage

I went with Cooper Discovery HT+ and am very happy with them so far. Haven't had the truck though a winter yet, but if they do as good as they do on rain slick roads I'm sure they'll be great! I think I paid about $155 a tire...

Ride is smooth, without tire noise also. Aggressive tread that will handle some off road if you'd need to also. i only have towed a utility trailer so far, not sure if they make higher sidewall rated versions if you'd need that...
Old 24th September 2012

Join Date: May 2010                                                
My Saabs: none yet

I am looking for all-season tires.
Old 24th September 2012

Join Date: Jun 2012                                                
My Saabs: 9-7x

avoid good years. i have had mine for about 10k miles and hate them.

while you're at it you can upgrade to the trailblazer ss 20's for another 500 and really change the whole look of the X. A lot of other vehicles run the 20's in the stock size and it almost offsets the price of the new wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement