It's been two weeks.... - Page 2 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Community Help Section > Site Announcements

Site Announcements SaabCentral STAFF will post things you NEED to know in here regarding new features and/or changes to the forums.

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 27th March 2012

Join Date: Mar 2009                                                
My Saabs: 1999 Saab 9-3

It does stink! But I should have went with paypal, I learned a lesson.

Can you supply links to the threads on the rally forums?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28th March 2012

Join Date: Sep 2006                                                
My Saabs: 1985 900S notchback, 1970 96V4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadys210 View Post

Here you go:

http://saabrally.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2506

Here is his Facebook profile

I sent him this message:

"I'm assuming you're the guy that I sent $330 to for some Saab parts earlier this month. I've sent two emails asking about your progress in shipping them to me and have heard nothing. There's a lot of chatter on the SaabRally and Saabcentral forums about you being a scammer. Please reply to me ASAP or I'm going to file a complaint with PayPal and then elevate it to the Longmeadow Police Department. You've been warned."
Old 28th March 2012

Join Date: Apr 2007                                                

Quote:

http://saabrally.com/forums/viewtopi...=2506&start=45

The post at 11:42 (eastern) today is worth the read!

Old 28th March 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2007                                                
My Saabs: sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffc View Post
http://saabrally.com/forums/viewtopi...=2506&start=45

The post at 11:42 (eastern) today is worth the read!

the guy is scamming people for money on the Internet and buying heroin. Nice.

Now you have to call the PD - serious. Put some more charges on this guy for good.
Old 28th March 2012
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Jan 2010                                                
My Saabs: 280-XWD Aero & a 2.0 XWD

SaabRally.com

it's in the for sale section ..... "30 cars"

Old 28th March 2012

Join Date: Jan 2012                                                
My Saabs: :(

Here is the link to the news story. It's a PDF, on page 26, "Wednesday, March 7th."

http://www.townreminderonline.com/fl...e/download.pdf

This a-hole tried to scam me as well, said he had a good radiator for on the cheap. Seemed like a real nice guy.

Reminds me of what happened when I bought my first Land Rover Discovery. Guy said he knew of a 5-speed Disco for fairly cheap that needed an engine. Said it was $1500. I paid him, and he paid the guy since he knew him. Then he said he knew of an engine out of a Range Rover for $600. Helps me put the engine in, all well. I found out later that the person selling the Discovery was only asking $1000, and that the engine was out of another persons truck, and they never got the $600 for it.

Seems like whenever you get into the rare import scene, there's always one half-wit trying to scam.
Old 29th March 2012
Saab on the Brain!

In MHO, what you need to do is stop trying to over lawyer this.

KISS applies here.

- Establish jurisdiction for the complaint. The PD in RI may say it is in Mass or vice or the PD in Mass may say RI. Either way you have to figure it out.

I strongly urge using a site called "Officer.com", that is generally limited to LEO types but has a very .... very good section on responding to questions from the public.

Sometimes it has to be done through the county prosecutors office, some will do it locally. Either way, there is strength in numbers so if a few of you are from the same area, do it.

Remember, the officer did not witness this so/but, you as a citizen have the right to forward a complaint and sign off on it. Depending on the amount it may be petty or worse.
It may be civil or criminal but you have the right to sign off on it and be heard by "His/Her Honor.

Don't start getting too carried away with things like "Mail Fraud" and such thought that may not hurt if stuff was done by mail just remember that there are bigger fish to fry and this is not the worst so ... try locally first. They seem to know him .. as I suspected in another post. As such, he's on the radar of the locals and though "innocent till proven guilty" you just may put a big smile on some officers face.

Posts from other forums will be helpful in an investigation to establish how bad "Mick" needs to be off the streets. They are helpful but are still not admissible since they are without a face behind them simply "hearsay" ... but include as much as you can. In some jurisdictions judges are elected and on others appointed but either way you would be shocked. The tend to actually pay attention since before they "move up" to a higher court, there is a review process and how they conduct themselves and ask questions even in the "low" no-brainers is subject to review. Don't bomb the junior prosecutor or whoever you meet with but toss in stuff like e-mails or post from other guys who got stuck.

Prior posts, telephone bills and all of those things need to be included since they are matters of record.

Now ... after all of that please keep one thing in mind. You may sign a complaint, travel down to the county and all of that and then you may show up on the appointed day and "Tricky Mickie" may just miss the date and not show. Awwwwwwwwwwwww geeze you will say. All of that for naught.

You may respectfully of course, request that the judge request a warrant for the individual. Judges do not take kindly into "dissing" the court.

Some dark and cold night, Slick Mick will be driving along with burned out tail light or make a "No Right on Red" and guess what? Slick Mick will be probably taken into custody and learn what those little "bracelets" are all about. The officer will not know the full extent of why the warrant was issued but aside from ruining his "hot date" they may just find a few things ... from what I read in that news paper article you provided. When they call in his DL or registration, little things pop up.

This is what the Saab Community can do to stick together.
I would even post over on the TSL site and contact a few guys from the Rally site too. The SaabRally site has a lot of New Englanders as does TSL (TheSaabLink), and remember, these a-wipes count on you backing down. They know all you are going to do is pizz, whine and kick the dog. Show them we are Saabers not Sobbers.

I doubt he even has the stuff he advertised. Good luck or ... "kick azz and take names". He may be using "daddy's name ... 123 Buzzard Way ... as a mail drop but even dad may be getting pizzed off at "juniors" antics. Just remember, you don't have the right to enter property except to ring the bell .... patience and respect with the officers; they don't "know" as much as you do. Good luck.

Last edited by TunnanXWD; 29th March 2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 30th March 2012
SaabNut!

Join Date: Sep 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9-3 2.0T 6MT MPS Stage 1

Wow, sorry it turned out this way. Again, after reading the posts above, maybe its time (after you all pursue legal action, of course) to come up with a way to better vet sellers on this and other SAAB sites. Make it a lesson LEARNED.
Old 30th March 2012

Join Date: Jan 2012                                                
My Saabs: :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jplipper View Post
Wow, sorry it turned out this way. Again, after reading the posts above, maybe its time (after you all pursue legal action, of course) to come up with a way to better vet sellers on this and other SAAB sites. Make it a lesson LEARNED.
This isn't a perfect solution either. From what I've been reading, this dude had actually been running a pretty legitimate parts business up until a little while ago. On another forum I'm on, same story. Guy was running a perfectly legitimate business, making people very happy. But then, something happened, and he stopped shipping parts out that had been paid for. He got called out after several months, and still hasn't made it right. He was shamed into exile, and nobody has heard from him since.
Old 30th March 2012
Saab on the Brain!

Not too unusual. Start by building a good rep, gain confidence and get good references from "the community" and the next thing ...

Knock, knock ... nobody home.

Then move on under a new name and area. I knew a few families who actually lived like that. Rent under one of the kids name, dad, mom and towards the bottom of the endless cycle get a "new girlfriend" to keep it going. Some poor lonely gal always falls for these scum buckets only to get ditched when the credit runs out.

Old 10th April 2012

Join Date: Nov 2011                                                
My Saabs: 1995 SAAB 9000 Aero

Quote:
Sent the letter Tuesday. Will wait until next week, if still no response I will start the process of legal and civil procedures.
That's sad. Sorry you got rooked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement