Do I Stay Or Do I Go.. - SaabCentral Forums
*
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum


Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab NG900, 1994-1998 and OG9-3, 1999-2002 & '03 Convertible (NG=new gen/OG=old gen) > NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop

NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop NG900 (1994 to 1998) & OG9-3 (1999-2002) & '03 Convertible Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 17th May 2011
kaltorak's Avatar
kaltorak kaltorak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005                                                
Location: Toronto, Canada The Centre of the Universe (yes cenTRE)
My Saabs: 1999 9-3 Convertible
Posts: 243
Question Do I Stay Or Do I Go..

So I have done it, I just purchased a 2009 M3 Convert and I am thinking what to do with my 1999 9-3 convert. Just purchased 225 BF KDW2 from Costco on my 17" summer rims which have less than 100km's and have put almost 3G's in repairs this year alone. Do I keep her, or sell her. I have a Saab Catalog body kit, and the rear spoiler still in the packaging I was planning on installing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 17th May 2011
nevi325 nevi325 is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011                                                
Location: auburn ny
My Saabs: 01 9-3
Posts: 69
Default

imo i would keep it. is the bmw v8? if so you wont regret it with gas prices hitting 5$ a gallon in the summer. none the less its nice to have 2 cars to pick from to drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 17th May 2011
jakejm79's Avatar
jakejm79 jakejm79 is offline
Saabista
 
Join Date: Sep 2010                                                
Location: Southern NH, USA
My Saabs: None at the moment
Posts: 12,796
Default

I'm sure either way there will be trouble
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 17th May 2011
redrum's Avatar
redrum redrum is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2006                                                
Location: Buffalo, NY
My Saabs: 1997 900SE 2.0t
Posts: 1,464
Default

Well, a few things to consider - you'll never get resale value out of your recent repairs, so +1 for keeping the 9-3. Since they're both 'verts, as much as I love Saabs, I'd never see myself picking a 9-3 over a M3 for a cruise. -1 for keeping it. I see you're in Toronto - are you going to drive either in the winter? +1 for the Saab. If it were a hatchback it would be a no brainer to keep for utility...
__________________
signature here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 17th May 2011
pitman pitman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011                                                
Location: ny
My Saabs: 900se with b234r stage 3
Posts: 205
Default

i bet youd get more resale than a new car imo. if saab vert is in good condition it could sell for 4k+ to right buyer. i would ask youself the question if you should keep it or not. its your decision. if it was mine i wouldnt of bought that bmw. new cars devalue faster than old cars. and its hard to find parts for new cars. but i hope the new car treats you as it should
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 30th May 2011
kaltorak's Avatar
kaltorak kaltorak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005                                                
Location: Toronto, Canada The Centre of the Universe (yes cenTRE)
My Saabs: 1999 9-3 Convertible
Posts: 243
Default Do I Stay Or Do I Go...

Good points from all, perhaps I will (do) a winter in the M3 and see how scary it is then decide whether to keep the 9-3. As winters in Toronto are not the fun, better than Buffalo, but not fun at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SaabCentral Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I Stay? Or Should I go now? WooSAABy 9-3 Sedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop - ALL Engines 29 2nd June 2008 04:57 PM
Stay with 9-3 or... iqsman 9-3 Sedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop - ALL Engines 21 29th January 2008 10:13 AM
my day off (56k stay away) jonny72888 NG900 & OG9-3 Workshop 9 28th May 2007 11:57 PM
CO won't stay at 1.5% Steve Smoult C900 Workshop 3 1st October 2001 10:30 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

top of page | sitemap | email us



copyright © 2003 - 2011 saabcentral.com, All rights reserved http://www.whiter.co.uk - valid xhtml - valid css
SaabCentral is an independently run website and is not affiliated in any way to Saab Automobile AB.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.