changes to the T&C - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Community Help Section > Site Announcements

Site Announcements SaabCentral STAFF will post things you NEED to know in here regarding new features and/or changes to the forums.

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 14th March 2011
Administrator

Join Date: Mar 2011                                                
My Saabs: d
Garage
Default changes to the T&C

Hey Everyone,

I have made some changes to the T&C, this is the part I believe people had an issue with, first is the old version then the re written one.

>>>>>>>>>> You agree to grant to GIXXER.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of GIXXER.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to GIXXER.COM and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, you grant to GIXXER.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other VerticalScope Inc. web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against VerticalScope Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to GIXXER.COM.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

now it will read
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You agree to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license on any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of SAABCENTRAL.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to SAABCENTRAL.COM. This license is granted solely for use on SAABCENTRAL.COM, including without limitation the AutoGuide.Com mobile application.

Further, you grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, for exclusive use of SAABCENTRAL.COM, including without limitation the AutoGuide.Com mobile application. You agree that you shall have no recourse against VerticalScope Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to SAABCENTRAL.COM.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

What do you all think?

If there are other parts you wish to change let me know
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14th March 2011
Saabista

Join Date: Dec 2003                                                
My Saabs: Tuned NG900, stock 99 9-5

That's certainly an interesting change.
Old 14th March 2011
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Nov 2003                                                
My Saabs: -

is it one that you're happy with Mike ?

Old 14th March 2011

Join Date: Aug 2010                                                
My Saabs: '99 Saab 9-3 vert.
Garage

It's better, I don't like the part about holding VC harmless in the event of ACTUAL infringement. But the rest seems fine by me. Good second draft! I like the attention you folks are giving this, makes me feel better (even though my signature was deleted...).

My Lemon Snaabie, '99 9-3 with 83K
The Princess, '84 MB 300SD

Last edited by Tom Wing; 14th March 2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: brain fart
Old 14th March 2011
Saabista

I've got a call in for some guidance
Old 14th March 2011
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2002                                                
My Saabs: 88 900 Aero (Silver Sled), 02 9-3 Aero

what's gixxer.com and how does that relate to saabcentral?
Old 14th March 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: May 2008                                                
My Saabs: '98 900SE vert - GREEN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab aero View Post
I'm gonna guess it's a bike forum named after the Suzuki GSX-R series.
Old 14th March 2011
Saabista

Join Date: Jun 2007                                                
My Saabs: '90 900T16 3dr - For Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab aero View Post
It's a c'n'p from one of their other forums that gave 'em less hassle...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 14th March 2011
SaabNut!

Join Date: Feb 2011                                                
My Saabs: '04 9-5, '04 9-3, '06 9-3, '07 9-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMany2cvs View Post
It's a c'n'p from one of their other forums that gave 'em less hassle...
to TooMany: I think you want a or a ;-) after the comment about less hassle - otherwise there's no reason to go there.

To comment on the suggested change to the T&C - I read the previous threads from the last week. I just joined this forum a few weeks ago when I bought a Saab (had a company Saab for a year in '92 and wanted one after that) so I didn't feel the need or totally have the history in the forum to step in. But I have benefited from the forum and hope I have contributed a bit so far and will more so as I maintain my Saab. I appreciate the work that was put into the site so far.

So, the question that I have is on the second paragraph. Why are you seeking to use my name in connection with a submittal? I understand the username part since my username goes with my posts (such as this one). But I would prefer to not have my name listed along with my posting. Did I even give a name when I registered or just an email address - I can't remember? Then, for my name to show up in SAABCENTRAL advertisements on some other website, that would concern me as well.

Thanks - I'll look for a response.
Old 14th March 2011

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: '06 9 2.0T Combi, BCB Stg 2
Garage

Welcome to SC, Indy500 !

You had a company Saab ?? May I ask who you work for ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense." - Steve Landesberg
Old 15th March 2011
Saab Sage!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post

You agree to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license on any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of SAABCENTRAL.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to SAABCENTRAL.COM. This license is granted solely for use on SAABCENTRAL.COM, including without limitation the AutoGuide.Com mobile application.

Further, you grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, for exclusive use of SAABCENTRAL.COM, including without limitation the AutoGuide.Com mobile application. You agree that you shall have no recourse against VerticalScope Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to SAABCENTRAL.COM.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

What do you all think?
BUT, I don't "agree"..........

So where does that leave me?

I decline to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information I submit to any public areas....
Old 15th March 2011
Saabista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 9-5 View Post
BUT, I don't "agree"...
To which bit?

Quote:
So where does that leave me?
<points to door>

Old 15th March 2011
Saabista

Quote:
To which bit?

<points to door>
I know you're not speaking for new management when you wrote this because you definitely don't want to encourage people to do this, especially if they don't agree with the new T and C.

The absolute last thing you want to do is to push people away, especially when there's still some question as to the rights of existing archived content.

In an earlier post, one of the former owners said he never allowed users to delete posts. That's true. But the full answer is that he was never legally compelled to do it, which is a different matter entirely.

Let people decide for themselves whether they're comfortable with the change, and with having all of their content remaining on the site.
Old 15th March 2011
Saabista

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
I know you're not speaking for new management when you wrote this because you definitely don't want to encourage people to do this
TBH, I'd prefer you "knew" it because you believed me when I've told you it explicitly, several times...

Old 15th March 2011
Saabista

Quote:
TBH, I'd prefer you "knew" it because you believed me when I've told you it explicitly, several times...
Told me what explicitly, several times?

That you're not working for new management?
That you don't want to encourage people to leave?
That you don't want to annoy people enough to trigger legal challenges to archived content, whether in the UK, the US or Canada?

Which is it, or is it all of the above? I can't really check the past record, as most of those past posts have been censored.
Old 15th March 2011
Saabista

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
Told me what explicitly, several times?

That you're not working for new management?
Exactly that.

Quote:
That you don't want to encourage people to leave?
If you've got such a cob-on against the new ownership of the forum, I'd LOVE for you to go.

Quote:
That you don't want to annoy people enough to trigger legal challenges to archived content, whether in the UK, the US or Canada?
Get over yourself, Mike.

Old 15th March 2011
Administrator

Garage

That is not what that means. What it is referring to is when members Quote your posts, as i am doing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy500 View Post
to TooMany: I think you want a or a ;-) after the comment about less hassle - otherwise there's no reason to go there.

To comment on the suggested change to the T&C - I read the previous threads from the last week. I just joined this forum a few weeks ago when I bought a Saab (had a company Saab for a year in '92 and wanted one after that) so I didn't feel the need or totally have the history in the forum to step in. But I have benefited from the forum and hope I have contributed a bit so far and will more so as I maintain my Saab. I appreciate the work that was put into the site so far.

So, the question that I have is on the second paragraph. Why are you seeking to use my name in connection with a submittal? I understand the username part since my username goes with my posts (such as this one). But I would prefer to not have my name listed along with my posting. Did I even give a name when I registered or just an email address - I can't remember? Then, for my name to show up in SAABCENTRAL advertisements on some other website, that would concern me as well.

Thanks - I'll look for a response.
Old 15th March 2011
Administrator

Garage

Hey!

can we get back to the conversation?? If everyone is ok with the changes say yes if you are not say no but lets be productive?
Old 15th March 2011
Saab Sage!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: .

Henlena (not Adrian) as I said earlier.

I do not agree with the terms and conditions proposed here.

What does that mean in terms of my continued membership to this community and to the posts and threads I provided under the old regime.

Thanks Chris

I decline to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information I submit to any public areas....
Old 15th March 2011
Saabista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 9-5 View Post
I do not agree with the terms and conditions proposed here.
Constructive, Chris, constructive.

Which bit do you disagree with?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread