LED compatible flasher - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-2X, 9-4X & 9-7X > 9-7X Workshop

Notices

9-7X Workshop 9-7X Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 4th September 2015

Join Date: Sep 2015                                                
My Saabs: 9-7x Aero
Default LED compatible flasher

Perhaps just mine, but the compatibility tables for a 08 9-7x aero list a lm487 flasher. (and said to be used on TBSS) I ordered one as I installed TRS XB 3157As in the front turns and was getting hyper flash and did not want ballast resistors. Once the lm487 arrived it was obvious it was incorrect. Mine uses a gm 25746427 common to Savana vans. After a bit of searching and cross referencing, a lm502 (Novita) crosses over - and works - no hyperflash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10th September 2015

Join Date: Sep 2013                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-7x 5.3i

I am interested in installing the LED switchbacks. Where did you find the LM502 relay at? I am seeing prices around $50.. is that what you paid?
Old 10th September 2015

Join Date: Sep 2015                                                
My Saabs: 9-7x Aero

About 50, Autozone special order to the store. If you can wait a week, I did pull the board out of the case, at casual glance it was all the same surface mount components, the difference being two electrolytic caps. I'll be out of the country for a few days, when I return I'll get the right caps and put on the old flasher and see it it works -much cheaper solution.

Old 10th September 2015

Join Date: Sep 2013                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-7x 5.3i

That works for me, I may just go ahead with the LM502 module for ease of use. I am actually purchasing a 2008 Aero tomorrow and have some LED switchbacks that were included with a LED H11 set of bulbs I bought for my wife's car. Best deal is that I got 2 sets of the LED H11 and LED switchbacks for the price of one, so the extra set of H11 bulbs may go into the fog lights (not sure yet of the quality, so may keep them as back ups for the Elantra). Thanks for the help and great info.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Join Date: Jun 2019                                                

I found the LM502 on rock auto for a bit over $30, for future reference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement