Virginia SAAB Driving Club - Page 14 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > Saab Events

Saab Events An up-to-date listing of Saab Clubs Events taking place Worldwide

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 8th March 2019
SaabNut!

Join Date: Nov 2013                                                
My Saabs: '86 SPG, '88 SPG(2), '88 SiS(2), '91 SPG

A few of us braved the weather and paid a visit to Colorado. Fortunately, even though it was very cold and snowing, the roads were in surprisingly good shape. Jerry D. invited us over to Mile-Hi Automotive, for an early morning shop tour.

This was my first visit to Jerry's shop and I was not sure what to expect. As we pulled up to the shop, the first thing I noticed was the size of the building, it looked more like a huge office building and not much like a SAAB repair shop. However, once inside of the gate, it was immediately evident --- we had arrived at a "SAAB Wonderland"!!!

We had entered into the SAAB boneyard and there was something for everyone; from c900s, to NG900s, to 9-3s, to 9-7Xs and 9-5s and I even saw a 9-2X in the yard. After our tour of the yard, Jerry took us over to a row of 40' containers. Each container had a theme; rims, turbos, exhaust....you name it. We were amazed to see how well everything was organized in the containers.

After about 50 minutes outside in the snow and cold, we made the trek into the first of what seemed like 6 different buildings, each with its own theme. The 1st inside area we toured was the garage and repair shop, from there we got a tour of the offices. The next stop was my favorite, upstairs to the parts warehouse --- all I can say is "OMG"!!! Basically, every SAAB part you can think of was in the parts warehouse; seats, lenses, steering wheels, radios, gauges... it just went on and on and on.

Our next stop on the tour was in the restoration area. There was a beautiful 96 that looked amazing, right down to the bolts. We viewed a 1986 Edwardian Grey SPG that was being torn down and the next car we were led to was a really rare sight - a right-hand drive 9000 Carlsson Edition, dressed in Black and getting ready for a real spa treatment. I have never seen a 9000 Carlsson Edition in the flesh, let alone a right hand drive version. I was totally impressed and captivated with this car. Hopefully, we will get to see this car again after Jerry D has massaged it.

Next on the tour was the paint booth and the paint mixing room. It was my 1st ever time in a paint booth and a mixing room. Jerry walked us through the process and how science and technology come together to make the right finish.

The last leg of our trip was the building that housed the vintage SAAB parts and a ton of old SAAB literature, signs, posters, banners, booklets and manuals. Jerry was even nice enough to hand out some souvenirs at the end of our tour.

We spent several hours with Jerry D at Mile-Hi and then made our way downtown for a delightful late lunch at a wonderful diner.

The next post will be on our visit to the host site for the SAAB Owners Convention 2019 in Loveland, CO. If you plan on attending SOC 2019, I can say that you will absolutely love the Embassy Suites by Hilton Loveland Hotel Conference Center & Spa, the location is breathtaking and the staff is wonderful!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15th March 2019
SaabNut!

Dominion Raceway just gave out their trophies for last season's TrackCross Series Champions. There were not any surprises, based on what I saw during the season. The CA2(Competition AWD) Champion - Ivan A, tied for 1st Place and in the SA2(Street AWD) division - Patrick H took 1st Place. We are expecting to see messiguy01 and WillJ , in the 2019 Points!

Patrick is an absolutely amazing driver!! He attended our SOC 2018 Opening Day SAAB Track Tour Event and he piloted me around the track in my car and then he took me on the course in his car --- nobody knows the lines at DR like this man. Patrick had a lot of track training and actually won a seat in an F1 driving program. He decided to take a pass and begin to train his young son, in the sport of road racing. Patrick's decision is already paying dividends, Patrick, Jr is currently running in 1st Place in the Manassas Autobahn Indoor Junior Series.

The new season is already underway at Dominion Raceway. The 2 mile road course will be open on Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:00 PM for TrackAttack($99/$119) and open TrackTours($20).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PatrickTC1st.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	251294  
Old 15th March 2019
SaabNut!

Default Virginia SAAB Meet & Greet Event

The Virginia - SAAB Meet and Greet on March 31, 2019 has taken on its own identity. We have a lot of treats and surprises for all attendees. All SAAB enthusiasts will want to be on hand for this event. We are currently working on having a HUGE event, within this event, so stay tuned to this thread for updates.

A big thank you to Marcie @ TheSaabProject. She has stepped up to the plate and hit a homerun --- she has sent over some t-shirts and a $100 gift certificate courtesy of European Cars of Williamsburg(ECW). We now have over $400 in gift certificates to hand out, in addition to all of the SAAB swag and host of important SAAB news/announcements.

Scott P @ Saabnet/TheSaabNetwork, is the headline sponsor and they have contributed over 60 items. The SCNA/Nines has contributed several back issues of Nines, State of Nine has sent over some SAAB swag, RBM SAAB Parts has donated some discount codes and more items will be arriving from sponsors over the next 2 weeks.

The response from the SAAB community has been overwhelming, with small SAAB Convoys coming all the way from Boston, Maryland, Florida, Georgia and North Carolina. We have been so pleased with the response that we have decided to make the Virginia - SAAB Meet and Greet a FREE annual SAAB event. We have already secured the location for next year and it is spectacular!!! The 2020 Virginia - SAAB Meet and Greet Event, will take place on a 750 acre campus, which sits at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains and is complete with; a lake, a gun range, hiking trails, biking trails, basketball courts, tennis courts and fishing. We are planning for a two-day event and people are free to camp out and we will be given full access to ALL of the campus amenities!!! More details on the 2020 event will be shared at the 2019 event.

The 2019 event is going to get underway, promptly at 2:00 PM, with the gates opening at 1:00 PM. Everyone will need to be upstairs and seated, in the private Turbo X Loft, by 2:00 PM. Once you enter the main building, you will be directed to the hidden rear stairwell, once upstairs you will take the 20' catwalk across to the Turbo X Loft, which overlooks the main showroom area below --- the 1st SAAB gift will be handed out right at 2:00 PM.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ECWgiftcertificate33119.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	251296   Click image for larger version

Name:	TheSaabProject33119.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	251298  

Old 17th March 2019
SaabNut!

Default Virginia SAAB Meet & Greet Event

Great "Breaking News" to share: The HUGE event within the Virginia - SAAB Meet and Greet event has been sealed!!! Stay tuned for the "Official Announcement". If you were on the fence about attending, you will definitely want to get on-board and be at the Castle Hill Cider Estate on March 31st now. Everyone that attends and takes part in this "Mega-Surprise" event will forever be a part of the National SAAB Story, complete with an image of themselves and their SAAB!!!

Get those SAABs detailed and ready to become immortalized!!!
Old 19th March 2019

Join Date: May 2017                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9-3 2.0t
Default RSVP to Meet and Greet

Sorry if I've missed this earlier in the thread, is there a place to RSVP for the Meet and Greet at Castle Hill Cider?
Old 19th March 2019
SaabNut!

@Carportmechanic

Thank you for checking in. Feel free to RSVP at SaabCC9 at ClubClassic900.com

Also, if you are interested --- there is a sizeable SAAB Convoy coming down on Sunday to this event. People from MA, NJ, MD, DC and Northern Virginia are meeting up, along the route, to drive in together.

Just let us know if you want to join/meetup with the convoy, to ride along with the group. Due to all of the excitement around this event and the added on "Bonus - Surprise Event", we are going to open up the estate venue gates at 1:00 PM. on March 31st.

We are looking forward to meeting you and your SAAB at this historic event!!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
SaabNut!

Default Virginia - SAAB Meet & Greet Event

Just a few more days until the largest SAAB gathering ever in Virginia, the Virginia - SAAB Meet and Greet. I am not sure if the "cat was let out of the bag" or if it "escaped" on its own, However, the SAAB Community is now aware that the founder of the SAAB Heritage Car Museum USA, Tom Donney, is flying into Virginia over the weekend to pickup what is quite possibly the lowest mileage c900T in all of the states. This car has been meticulously cared for, maintained, stored, sparingly driven and preserved inside of a garage since new and is an amazing example of an all original SAAB. It will make the SAAB Heritage Car Museum USA its home, for all guest/SAAB enthusiasts to enjoy.

We will have a special ceremony to officially transfer the ownership of this beautiful car over to the SAAB Museum. We have decided to keep the penultimate "Mega-Surprise" in the bag, until 3:35 PM, when we will lift the curtain, to reveal one more surprise that will be sure to captivate all of those in attendance!!!

We owe a huge "thank you" to Lee K. of "SAAB Talk Live", for putting together a great video and also helping us to market the event --- which really pushed the number of RSVPs we received!!

Video Link: https://video214.com/play/SHghE3OfZvDS6UE0MFxdLw/s/dark
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Join Date: Sep 2018                                                
My Saabs: 2004 9-3 arc convertible 92 900
Garage
Default Saab Meet up

Just wanted to Thank all who were involved in Sunday's meet up at Cider Hill. The sponsors generosity, the beautiful site itself and mostly the people who turned out.
It was a great day and a great inspiration to hear the speakers and list the many firsts that Saab was involved with and the more you know about them the more there is to love about them. But mostly the passion that was on display by the owners themselves and the work on their cars and their pride in doing it,
It will certainly be an inspiration to me to do more and to do it better.
One of the great things about owning a Saab aside from driving one the more unique marks on the road, is the pride I feel in keeping my piece of automotive history alive and well. Again just wanted to say-- Thanks to All.

Proficiency in Pool is a sign of an ill spent youth.
Old 1 Week Ago
SaabNut!

Default Virginia - SAAB Meet & Greet Event

@BillLodge

So glad that you were able to attend the Virginia - SAAB Meet and Greet event. It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. We were quite encouraged by the amazing turnout, in spite of the early rain. The official count was 61 SAABs and 107 attendees. We are now even more excited about next year's event.

We are in the process of securing several of the pictures that were taken, with hopes of putting together a keepsake from the event. I must say, several people took some phenomenal pictures and videos.

We were so fortunate to have Tom Donney, from the SAAB Heritage Car Museum USA ,in attendance. He sent me a picture of the famous Virginia c900T, that he came to Virginia to pickup for the Museum, once it safely made it across the country and without a single hiccup!!! He also sent me a short video clip of one of the SAAB Convoys as it entered the estate venue.

Video Link courtesy of the SAAB Heritage Car Museum USA and Tom Donney: https://www.facebook.com/23383019047...type=2&theater
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6906.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	251650  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement