Bluetooth - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Ownership General Topics > Audio, Video, Navigation & Security

Audio, Video, Navigation & Security Discussions about in-car infotainment, navigation and security systems - independent of car model and year.

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 20th May 2017

Join Date: May 2017                                                
My Saabs: 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero
Default Bluetooth

I've got a 9-5 Aero with the base stereo and was interested in adding bluetooth functionality to it. After reading this post. (saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318450&highlight=bluetooth), I decided to swap out the PDIM and see if that would do the trick. You can see the old PDIM with the white label and the new PDIM with the yellow label in the attached photo. Unfortunately, after swapping the parts and firing the car back up, there was no change in functionality, and no new bluetooth signals to pair to. The stereo still works the same, and I can still connect my phone through the aux cable. The old PDIM is part number 2893389 and the new PDIM is part number 22829143. I figured I'd post this up so no one else wastes any money trying this. I'm open to suggestions if there is something else I can try to get the new PDIM to work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170520_144545.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	213865  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28th August 2017

I was wrong! The bluetooth connection works perfectly for music. I must not have gone through the correct menu when I installed it. I accidentally stumbled across a new bluetooth menu the other day, and can now play music through the stock head unit over a bluetooth connection. I recommend making this change to anyone else with a 9-5 NG.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Join Date: Mar 2019                                                

I’m going to try this myself if I can get my hands on a PDIM. How do you add/use Bluetooth once it’s installed via the menus? Cheers, Dan

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Hi Dan, I can't quite remember how to connect via bluetooth and I don't have the car anymore. It was totaled in an accident a little over a year ago. If you find a PDIM you should be able to play around in the menus to find the connection. I can also add that I had the base radio (green screen) and someone else I knew with the nav radio couldn't find the PDIM in their car. They never figured out where the nav radio PDIM was and how to replace it.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanks for the reply James, much appreciated. Thankfully I have the green screen base stereo so this should work a treat. Really sorry to hear about what happened with your 9-5, not great when they are so rare.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Sorry to bother you again with more questions! Whereabouts was the PDIM? It’s not clear from the parts breakdown - is it behind the glove compartment or the radio? Thought I’d ask before starting to dismantle things!
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Think you can ignore this one James if and when you spot it - I’ve just found the whole thread on Facebook. I have a RHD car and so far no one has found where it is on this!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Join Date: Mar 2005                                                
My Saabs: 04 9-3SS Hirsched Aero(Black)The Lady

if you actually put what model & year saab might get more replies..

Buy CHEAP Pay TWICE..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement