Disassembled filter and inspected (pictures attached).
All of the pleats had a pretty even coating of dirt. I had to scrape several pleats to collect the crud shown, so it wasn't very heavily loaded (unlike the Auto-Rx cleaning I'm doing on my daughter's Saturn; holy crap!
). The collected crud has a gritty/sandy feeling when first rubbed between the fingers, but it quickly transforms into a smooth smear with no hard bits.
Picture notes: (hopefully in order!)
1) Disassembly of filter can assembly via hammer and chisel
2) Grit remaining in filter can after draining
3) Disassembly of filter media assembly
4) Filter pleats before scraping
5) Crud size/thickness comparison