SaabCentral Forums - View Single Post - Ignition Switch (ISM) Cleaning 12801010
View Single Post
Old 10th November 2011
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Oct 2010                                                
My Saabs: 07 Saab 9 2.0T - Sold 03/04/2013
Garage
Unhappy

I removed my ism and the whole center console. I took the console in the house to wash it because it had coffee and food stuck in places i couldnt reach or clean while connected to car. I drived it then proceeded to clean all the gunk and stuff off the ism. I took it apart and rinsed the top half in hot water and i cleaned the bottom half with qtips with alcohol. I also sprayed it ultra duster to make use it was dry. I put it in car connected battery and got key not accepted. I took it apart again re cleaned it put back in car. This time no message and lights dont come on when key is removed. The button and spring in ism work but car is not reading ism. Also alarm led doesnt disable alarm upon insertion of key nor does it blink when key is inserted. What did i do to my car and will i be able to fix it without a dealer visit?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Saab 9 2.0T SS 3/04/13
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.