SaabCentral Forums - View Single Post - Abbott-tuned, hitting fuel cutoff (I think)
View Single Post
Old 10th October 2012
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9⁵ Aero 5spd | 1997 9000 Aero
Garage
Default Abbott-tuned, hitting fuel cutoff (I think)

Sup guys. I bought a tuned 9000 Aero back in May which ran fine, but had some low boost issues. Turned out it the the BPC valve which I replaced and now it boosts 1/4 past read on WOT. Great, I say! The problem is that I'm hitting fuel cutoff at times, and the boost pulses some when I'm really getting into the throttle. I'm not sure if the guy before me upgraded the FPR or not; could this cause this? Furthermore how can I tell if it's the upgraded one or not?

I'm pretty sure the injectors are the same; I'm kindof blind as far as what stage the software is actually at, but it walks my 9-5 Aero so I'm guessing it's at a stage 3. Hardware is big Abbott intercooler and delivery pipe, Forge recirc valve, K&N intake, 3" downpipe and exhaust.

Unfortunately, the guy had to sell the car because of hardship, and he was very emotionally attached to it. He was really sad to see it go and entertained some of the questions I had early on after I got it; ultimately he said he had to move on in his mind so I didn't contact him anymore because it was clearly upsetting him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.