SaabCentral Forums - View Single Post - The official Tech 2 clone thread
View Single Post
Old 28th June 2013
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Nov 2010                                                
My Saabs: 07 9-5 Aero tuned by myself, tech 2
Garage
Default The official Tech 2 clone thread

Well, as most of you probably already know, i couldnt stand wondering if these china tech 2's worked or not. So after a couple weeks of searching around the internet i finally picked one i would try. I searched all over ebay and aliexpress. ebay was way to expensive for their clones. cheapest i could find at the time was $800 and went all the way up to $2000+. so i messaged everyone on ebay to see if they would price match. not one person would and all said they had the best product and didnt come from the same cheap places everyone elses came from. i messaged 10 people on aliexpress asking questions, not one person has yet to get back to me. i even tried the live chat thing and i still had no luck. i only had one company email me back from alibaba. they were very fast to respond and answered all of my questions. i exchanged emails with her for about 3 days before i finally decided to purchase a tech 2 clone. I ordered it on a tuesday and i picked it up at fed ex friday (i missed the fed ex guy and you have to sign for it). Yes, it only took 3 days! So here it is....

http://sinofx.en.alibaba.com/product...time&edm_ver=e

I paid $367 for it. wasn't the cheapest i found but like i said, only one i got a response from somebody. the quality of this is amazing. i wouldnt never be able to tell it was a clone. the only thing i noticed was that it didnt come with a house plug like the original picture had shown. i did email the seller back so we will see what they say about that. i hooked it up to my car and was able to read all the saab specific codes. i went to add aux mode and it said i needed to get security access. which i need the house charger to power the tech 2. so that is where i am at right now. i will report back once i attempt the security access part.

EDIT: So I didn't see a tis2000 disk included in my bundle. But about 2 weeks ago I found a copy. So I downloaded it and I hacked it. What does that mean? No subscription to GM!! So it detected my vin number approved security access and boom, I have aux mode. So to sum it all up. IT WORKS!!!!! Security access and all. I will play around with it more tomorrow and figure out how to change headlight settings. So for all my local people who need tech 2 work done, let me know. I'll be half the price of the saab dealer

Last edited by Diggs; 13th August 2016 at 11:32 PM.