Brew City Boost STG3 stuttering [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Brew City Boost STG3 stuttering

Aplatitsin
5th March 2015, 03:08 PM
Hello i got my stage 3 tuned edu back from BCB and i am having a stuttering / bucking issue at WOT after 12 psi the car starts to jerk / stutter / buck something of that sort.
i have a set of the NGK ES-11 plugs gaped to .08
what could it be please help i really want to enjoy my car...

Problem with the tune ?

Problem with the plug gap ?

Or do I need bigger Injectors ?

Saabohème
5th March 2015, 03:13 PM
Step One: Call Casey at BCB and discuss the symptoms with him. He is universally reputed to be a super nice guy who completely supports his customers and stands behind his work. He is also well regarded and reputed to be extremely available to his customers.

Step 2: See step one above.

Aplatitsin
5th March 2015, 03:17 PM
Step One: Call Casey at BCB and discuss the symptoms with him. He is universally reputed to be a super nice guy who completely supports his customers and stands behind his work. He is also well regarded and reputed to be extremely available to his customers.

I will give him a call i sent him an email there is no contact number on His website would you happen to have it ??

Saabohème
5th March 2015, 03:23 PM
From the Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.org/wisconsin/business-reviews/auto-accessories/brew-city-boost-llc-in-racine-wi-1000014614/) & from Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/BrewCityBoost):

Phone: (262) 352-9591

Aplatitsin
5th March 2015, 03:27 PM
Much appreciated

SaabKen
5th March 2015, 03:51 PM

Danggit, please make your list simpler, Saabo. I'm having trouble following ......

SaabKen
5th March 2015, 03:53 PM
Much appreciated

He's also a member here, as Rabbit (https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/member.php?u=20679)

Swededemon
5th March 2015, 05:36 PM
Hello i got my stage 3 tuned edu back from BCB and i am having a stuttering / bucking issue at WOT after 12 psi the car starts to jerk / stutter / buck something of that sort.
i have a set of the NGK ES-11 plugs gaped to .08
what could it be please help i really want to enjoy my car...

Problem with the tune ?
NO
Problem with the plug gap ?
NOT LIKELY Are you running colder plugs? You left off the important part.
Or do I need bigger Injectors ?
NO

You likely have an issue with your coils. 99.99999961% of all stuttering issues are coils.

rabbit
5th March 2015, 05:54 PM
This was just an error with standard vs metric system while gapping plugs. We texted back and forth earlier, I'm confident once gapped properly it will be fine.

Saabohème
5th March 2015, 06:10 PM
This was just an error with standard vs metric system while gapping plugs. We texted back and forth earlier, I'm confident once gapped properly it will be fine.Makes sense. .08 inches is just over 2 mm. That is one hella gap.

Aplatitsin
5th March 2015, 06:26 PM
Yes that is correct I had an improper plug gap I contacted Casey via text he was very help with getting the correct info to me thank you Casey I will keep you guys updated later tonight

Capriman86
5th March 2015, 07:27 PM
Yes that is correct I had an improper plug gap I contacted Casey via text he was very help with getting the correct info to me thank you Casey I will keep you guys updated later tonight

You're in good hands, Casey has always been there to answer my questions and support when in need. ;ol;;ol;

Aplatitsin
5th March 2015, 10:32 PM
did everything Casey said now the car runs like a freak !!!! Thanks to Casey at BCB !!!!!!!

Saabohème
5th March 2015, 10:50 PM
It's all about Step One.

Glad you got it worked it out. A good tune transforms the car from a decently performing conveyance into a much more engaging experience.

Aplatitsin
5th March 2015, 10:52 PM
It's all about Step One.

hahahah couldn't agree more

Swededemon
6th March 2015, 09:06 AM
You likely have an issue with your coils. 99.99999961% of all stuttering issues are coils.

Holy crap, I read it on my phone and saw .03 so now I have to get my eyes checked :(

Havok
11th March 2015, 11:09 AM

And 0.00000039% of the time the plugs are gapped wrong...