Tuning: On the fly map changes - is it possible? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Tuning: On the fly map changes - is it possible?

iamamused
25th February 2015, 07:50 PM
Wondering if any tuners off the ability to change maps instantly, for instance, while driving?

I happen to have a Nissan tuned via UpRev and this capability is offered. Through a combination of using cruise control keys I can switch between up to 5 maps on the fly (91 octane, 93 octane, security mode, stock, etc). Feels like you're putting a cheat code into the car every time.

So do any tuners, custom or otherwise offer this capability?

Not a huge deal, but it is nice to have. (Rather than say changing an ECU or having to plug a hand held in each time.)

nikolap1
25th February 2015, 11:46 PM
Unfortunately not. It would be nice though. Kind of like the JB4 bmw tune

Roscoe_P_Coltrane
26th February 2015, 12:44 PM
Wondering if any tuners off the ability to change maps instantly, for instance, while driving?

I happen to have a Nissan tuned via UpRev and this capability is offered. Through a combination of using cruise control keys I can switch between up to 5 maps on the fly (91 octane, 93 octane, security mode, stock, etc). Feels like you're putting a cheat code into the car every time.

So do any tuners, custom or otherwise offer this capability?

Not a huge deal, but it is nice to have. (Rather than say changing an ECU or having to plug a hand held in each time.)

Closest I've seen are the handhelds that some tuners offer for our cars. You can switch between different tunes but not on the fly.