Brothers4
15th January 2015, 05:53 PM
Any mods even if they are small. Posts your pics here

Diggs
15th January 2015, 08:19 PM
get a tune

Capriman86
15th January 2015, 08:22 PM
Take a little time and explore the site. Lots to see.

Kenny Kustom
15th January 2015, 09:01 PM
Cheater!

fd3toe46
15th January 2015, 09:02 PM
Do you walk into a restaurant and say "Food...show me everything"? Way to go on a 1st post!

Swededemon
16th January 2015, 10:35 AM
Any mods even if they are small. Posts your pics here

I'm only explaining because I'm at work, it is Friday and it took me over 1 hour to drive 10 miles. I don't feel like working yet.

You have a SAAB 9-3 2.0T with 210hp and 220lbft. The car is operable due to the Trionic 8 software program. Trionic 8 is extremely adaptive so without modification of its parameters you will be neutered on gains from bolt-ons. Exhaust, intake, pulleys, ect, will net you exactly ZERO gain unless programmed.

The suspension upgrades are limited to shocks, struts, springs or coilovers if you can spare the change. Tubular suspension components are non existent and the braces currently offered are show car bling as the do not offer real world structural rigidity.

The general consensus is that our cars can handle safely 300-315 flywheel horsepower before an upgrade to the pistons would be required. This has been taken much higher but if you are daily driving it, I wouldn't throw the dice. The clutch will need replacing in your F35 at this point as well (look into the Cobalt swaps).

So with that said the cars have been broken down into stages so it becomes easy to benchmark for the masses.

Stage 1 - this is generally a tune or tune and air filter upgrade which will yield 240-260 flywheel horsepower. No other modifications will be necessary and is often agreed that this is what SAAB should have offered from the factory.

Stage 2 - the car is tuned here as well but in addition to an air filter, you will need a downpipe to keep the EGT's in check as the stock tubing is a bottleneck. Many tuners and enthusiasts recommend an intercooler although it isn't necessarily required. This will net you around 270-285 flywheel horsepower. Some people at this point notice that their clutch begins to slip due to torque.

Stage 3 - the final stage of tuning for most people as much beyond this point you are looking at an engine rebuild. This will net you 290-315 flywheel horsepower. You will need an open air element, downpipe and intercooler. Injectors should be considered as well as one of the hybrid TD04 turbos. Your clutch will not last and should be upgraded accordingly.

Stage 4+ you are entering into an area that will involve planning and dedication. You will likely have thousands into your car to ensure it works right. If you are serious about this stage(s), it is best to have a goal and run it by us here to ensure you are not forgetting anything. It has been done but not often.

Now that you are done reading, you could have clicked 3 times to fall into this thread, which is a Sticky. It is dated but the explanation is still relevant.
https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42235

scramblase
16th January 2015, 10:37 AM
Do you walk into a restaurant and say "Food...show me everything"?

Oh man, do I ever....constantly!

swedespeed7
16th January 2015, 12:55 PM
This is the workshop. Posts about mods go in the "mods" sub-thread.

Saabohème
16th January 2015, 01:56 PM
This is the workshop. Posts about mods go in the "mods" sub-thread.Concur. Thread moved.