Resonator Help [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Resonator Help

fwdfelon
20th December 2014, 03:22 PM
So I bought and had one hell of a time installing my OBX downpipe. this down pipe included a small resonator after the flex pipe. This addition in length made it so that i had to cut off the stock resonator. so my set up is as follows :
Turbo > cat less down pipe > Small obx attached resonator > straight resonator mid pipe > OBX muffler. car sounded good before the downpipe but isnt as sweet sounding now. im thinking about having the biggest bottle shaped vibrant res welded where the stock was but havent heard any solid info on them to decide to buy yet. I just want to remove some of the drone and quiet it down a bit but dont want to change the muffler i just had installed a week ago. Advice? Thanks in advance

side note: is it possible to lose power after installing a 3" downpipe? Havent put the car through its paces yet but i was just wondering if there is any way to lose power through this mod

Diggs
20th December 2014, 04:22 PM
Definitely put a resonator back in.

No, a 3" downpipe will never lower power on this car. Biggest bottleneck in the exhaust.

fwdfelon
20th December 2014, 05:17 PM
18 inch vibrant resonator? should bring it down a bit id assume right?

Diggs
20th December 2014, 05:44 PM
Can't comment on type or size, but if you were happy with OEM, get an OEM one if it will still fit.

fwdfelon
21st December 2014, 09:30 AM
I still kept the oem one. not sure if it will fit but ill look at it some more

BlakeBerry44
21st December 2014, 05:50 PM
I have basically same setup as you but, I put stock muffler back on and I really enjoy how it sounds now. Let me know if you have a question.

coosabrew
23rd December 2014, 10:24 PM
I have a Vibrant and am pleased with the performance. Is a bit large, on the lowered car takes some hits, stands up to the task. 12" on mine with a Flowmaster 60 series.

fwdfelon
24th December 2014, 12:41 AM
I ordered the ultra quiet vibrant so it should be here later this week. ill upload before and after videos as a comparison