Need advice on piping/turbo [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Need advice on piping/turbo

Insane93
2nd October 2014, 11:28 AM
Im trying to run straight pipes from resonator back. I also want to convert my single exhaust to dual and get larger piping. Where can i buy the saab bends for the exhaust?

Also what aftermarket turbos can i use?

SYQ SAAB
2nd October 2014, 01:30 PM
So you're doing a muffler delete pretty much. I would recommend taking it to an exhaust shop and having then make it for you .

Insane93
3rd October 2014, 09:36 AM
So you're doing a muffler delete pretty much. I would recommend taking it to an exhaust shop and having then make it for you .

not exactly, i want bigger pipes all the way back

i have the muffler delete. im trying to convert from single muffler delete to dual pipes no mufflers and bigger pipes from cat back

AKS_Muzik
3rd October 2014, 01:38 PM
Personally i'd use the stock piping. it's not restrictive from cat back.

What is restrictive is the stock downpipe.

You can't just slap in a new turbo, T8 will not compensate and you will be in limp mode.

I'd recommend doing a 14T >>>> 16T conversion instead along with injectors and tune......

Venom55
3rd October 2014, 04:53 PM
not exactly, i want bigger pipes all the way back

i have the muffler delete. im trying to convert from single muffler delete to dual pipes no mufflers and bigger pipes from cat back

You want bigger pipe for what reason? You did a 19T/injectors upgrade with an agressive stage 3?

Bigger pipe with stock downpipe? You want at least a 3inch DP, thats the most restrictive part of the system. Stock rear section is more than sufficient for a canned tune from jzw, vtuner , BCB or others.

Intake dosent do anything exept for sound, you gain no performance at all, its simply for sound.

Got two choice, have it done custom, find a V6 aero line and swap it out :roll:

coosabrew
3rd October 2014, 11:38 PM
Get it at the same place you get the ear muffs, That s*** will be loud. Muffler shop is best bet.

Insane93
8th October 2014, 09:48 AM
You want bigger pipe for what reason? You did a 19T/injectors upgrade with an agressive stage 3?

Bigger pipe with stock downpipe? You want at least a 3inch DP, thats the most restrictive part of the system. Stock rear section is more than sufficient for a canned tune from jzw, vtuner , BCB or others.

Intake dosent do anything exept for sound, you gain no performance at all, its simply for sound.

Got two choice, have it done custom, find a V6 aero line and swap it out :roll:

I have the dumb intake and im aware its nothing but sound.

I wanted the dual exit for looks. I dont care if its 1 in piping. I didnt want mufflers because I only have the one hanger.

I know I'm not doing anything beyond a stage 1 tune. Hell i think id be happy with vtuner stage 0.