soft clutch peddle after all new parts and endless bleeding [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: soft clutch peddle after all new parts and endless bleeding

brandontuttle85
1st October 2014, 12:08 AM
So as the title says... I've changed my clutch, slave, pressure, plate, mater cylinder and bled the system couness times and my clutch peddle still gets soft mostly on hot days but sometimes when its not hot out. I have a custom tune from bcb and love it, but this issue is really pushing me over the top. Any help would be great. Thank you. Considering maybe a oil cooler or something idk...

20Tsaabsteve
8th October 2014, 05:21 PM
Only on hot days after driving? Hard driving? Sounds like maybe the line to the slave cylinder is possibly swelling/leaking. You could get a GS braided clutch line.

What was your method used to bleed it?

brandontuttle85
9th October 2014, 01:42 PM
It was mostly on hot days with any kind of driving but was worse on days I drove it hard. Seems to be so much better now that the weather here has cooled off. I blead it with a vaccum bleeder and got a ton of air out. Then I'd drive it more and get a little more air and so on. I haven't lost any fluid so I don't think its leaking. It could be the air that's made the peddle better it seems odd that's it was better on colder days in the summer and now that it's colder put all the time it doesn't seem to do it... Irk I'll try anything! Thanks for the reply!

20Tsaabsteve
9th October 2014, 03:37 PM
It is possible that the rubber line is cracked and not leaking but allowing air in. Check the clutch line.

brandontuttle85
15th October 2014, 10:52 PM
Will do thank you