exhuast [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: exhuast

saab_93_speed
5th September 2014, 02:07 AM
i have right now a bsr stage 3 2006 saab 93 2.0t dynode at about 289hp and have a full downpipe with a 3' Dc Motorsport exhust on it , what is the best exhuast option for my car i saw a srt the other day with what happend to be a full downpipe just piped exhuast and had the turbo pop to it but i have never herd mine pop or sound as nice as i think its the exhuast , need help to make the car sound at its best since performace wise it is at its li,it peek with power without having to build the motors bottom end and ect

Swededemon
6th September 2014, 12:05 PM
You are never going to get a deep note out of a 2.0T Saab. The small displacement 4cyl is a "whiny" motor by nature.

Your likely thinking of Subaru or something that has a completely different engine type. "Honda" is roughly what you are stuck with since they operate with small <2 liter displacement engines as well.

saab_93_speed
6th September 2014, 12:11 PM
How do srts sound so nice if there the same 2.0 or 2.4 , should I have a turbo back etxhuast on it or are saabs known not to have the little turbo poops after shifting gears ? Should I have it downpiped or with a catback?

Swededemon
6th September 2014, 01:09 PM
They have nearly a half liter more displacement than we do. Size matters unfortunately.

This isn't the only area in life that it will be case either! :lol:

Swededemon
6th September 2014, 01:12 PM
Are you talking about the unburnt gas exploding in the exhaust? That is caused from running rich and NOT a good thing.

When I ran my Camaro years ago I was running so rich one night I was shooting 3 foot flames out my exhaust. My plugs didn't like that too much.

saab_93_speed
6th September 2014, 01:12 PM
Oh ok , yea thats y I dont own a truck , but ok nd your thoughts on a turbo back exhuast vs a catback?

Swededemon
6th September 2014, 01:59 PM
Being at 289whp you cannot step back to a stock downpipe as that is the real restriction. Your EGTs will be WAY too high and you will likely ruin something in short order.

As for muffler preference, that is subjective. I personally don't think much sounds better than a 4.6L Mustang Cobra. I am having a hard time deciding on what exhaust to put on my car because I HATE the sound of a 4cylinder.

saab_93_speed
6th September 2014, 03:03 PM
Took it to carmax and got them to take off the stock muffler/cat box and got them to straightdown pipe it so its not a stock tube , its a 3" downpipe to a 3" dc sport muffler that I absolute hate , I have no idea what exhuast to put on .if I didnt invest so much into it and didnt absolute love my saab id sell it for a 6

Nijee
6th September 2014, 03:05 PM
The consensus here seems to be the stock dual V6 mufflers setup give the best the best sound on an I4. You can go resonator delete if you want a bit more noise. I have a set of V6 mufflers to install on my 2009 2.0t. It is the model with the hidden tip so I have to install a new rear diffuser and RHS muffler hanger and heat shield.

swedespeed7
8th September 2014, 12:58 AM
Want to sound like a SRT-4? Straight pipes.

But really, don't do that. Please.

OEM V6 mufflers all the way.

saab_93_speed
8th September 2014, 02:12 AM
I dont wamt it to sound like an srt I herd one the other day and herd the exhuast pop cuz of the turbo I thought it sounded really mean and nice,im just tryna get a louder tone and a nice pop when I drive

saab_93_speed
8th September 2014, 02:14 AM
Is there a link for a 2006 saab 93 dual v6 exhuast ?

44Saab
8th September 2014, 09:23 AM
If you're looking for something that crackles, snarls, pops, and is nice and bassy, I'd check out the Krona system put out by BCB. I have it on mine and it's furious. Video here: Saab 9-3 Krona Exhaust Sound - YouTube

Of course, like swedespeed7 said, V6 duals are magical.

saab_93_speed
8th September 2014, 11:50 AM
Checked out the exhuast that thing sounds super dope ! Would u recomend changing the downpipe from the motor to the exhuast? And putting a cat if 530$ is way atta range from budjet ? And putting a turbo back exhuast on it or ?? Anyideas

44Saab
8th September 2014, 11:57 AM
As everyone around here always says, you should prioritize the downpipe, since it stops the flow of gasses out and will add a bit more sound to your setup. I always figured if I was going to do part of it, I'd do all of it, so mine's a turbo-back system.

The Krona system is kind of expensive; if you want a downpipe that's a bit more affordable, you could go with the Genuine Saab (catted or catless) or OBX (it's catless, btw) pipes. You should be able to mate the Krona to either of those as well.

Venom55
8th September 2014, 06:04 PM
:confused:Is there a link for a 2006 saab 93 dual v6 exhuast ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L8wBh2_3qA

Obx downpipe , resonator deleted and V6's rear part. Rarely pop like in the video, dont know why that time it did it alot :confused:

saab_93_speed
8th September 2014, 06:33 PM
Is it a exhuast systom or u boight the obx and seprete u bought the dual v6 muffler? Could I get the browser links , is it any obx fits or do u have to get the one for your year cuz I cant find it for my 06

mgurr
8th September 2014, 08:33 PM
sorry if i'm misunderstanding you or if this was already stated, but that "turbo pop" you are referring to is actually due to extremely low back pressure. to get something like that u wanna go with a wide diameter full exhaust system.

saab_93_speed
8th September 2014, 08:36 PM
I kent if you had the link for the obx muffler exhuast systom

Venom55
9th September 2014, 05:16 AM
Is it a exhuast systom or u boight the obx and seprete u bought the dual v6 muffler? Could I get the browser links , is it any obx fits or do u have to get the one for your year cuz I cant find it for my 06

Wait, what? Cant understand what you want to say seriously...:o

44Saab
9th September 2014, 08:45 AM
If you want something that sounds pretty pissed for cheap, I'd just get an OBX (http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Stainless-3-Downpipe-03-08-Saab-SS-SC-2-0I-Turbo-/151386249450?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item233f52d8ea&vxp=mtr) with one of the unbranded Ebay systems (http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-CATBACK-EXHAUST-MUFFLER-2-5-DUAL-TIP-FITS-05-10-SAAB-9-3-DOHC-TURBO-/191129264097?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASaab%7CModel%3A9-3&hash=item2c80311fe1&vxp=mtr).

Apparently it's pretty much straight through. It'll be pretty loud. Video here: http://youtu.be/MFSnME8-Mro

saab_93_speed
9th September 2014, 10:07 AM
Sorry this auto correct is dumb , I ment if you can send me the link sorry

swedespeed7
9th September 2014, 10:21 AM
Apparently it's pretty much straight through. It'll be pretty loud. Video here: http://youtu.be/MFSnME8-Mro

sounds like poop

44Saab
9th September 2014, 11:44 AM
sounds like poop

I'll give it unrefined, but at least it's not a Camry with an exhaust leak.

swedespeed7
9th September 2014, 11:58 AM
ok, unrefined it is. might as well just cut off the rear muffler though, sounds exactly the same.

44Saab
9th September 2014, 02:18 PM
do you have a life? this poster on here like 24/7 :roll:

Swedespeed is a highly knowledgeable and very generous member of our community, providing supportive information and feedback when requested and appropriate. I fail to see why anyone would be concerned with the amount of time that he spends on the forum.

96mn12
9th September 2014, 02:22 PM
Swedespeed is a highly knowledgeable and very generous member of our community, providing supportive information and feedback when requested and appropriate. I fail to see why anyone would be concerned with the amount of time that he spends on the forum.

well, if he's anything like me, his browser looks like mine:

1) reddit
2) saabcentral
3) bbc
4) saabsunited (not so much anymore since its now a BMW site)
5) assorted android sites
6) car-part.com

damn... come to think of it, how the hell do I get any work done?

:cheesy:

swedespeed7
9th September 2014, 02:23 PM
ok, unrefined it is. might as well just cut off the rear muffler though, sounds exactly the same.

That wasn't sarcasm. Listen for yourself.

https://picasaweb.google.com/116463082196298701935/Videos#5972695250569715682

Roscoe_P_Coltrane
9th September 2014, 02:50 PM
That wasn't sarcasm. Listen for yourself.

https://picasaweb.google.com/116463082196298701935/Videos#5972695250569715682

Is that just a muffler delete? Nothing in it's place?

I've been entertaining the idea of doing this but adding something like a small res or glasspack in place of the muffler and keeping the down-turned tip tucked/hidden behind the bumper.

I haven't been able to find any audio examples but if it helps smooth out some of what I hear in that video, then I think it might work out ok. I'm not looking for anything beyond a bit more sound. I don't like things too ricey and I don't like to wake up the neighborhood on my way to work, but I do enjoy hearing my car growl and rumble a bit.

swedespeed7
9th September 2014, 02:53 PM
Is that just a muffler delete? Nothing in it's place?

Muffler was cut off and a short section of pipe was installed with a turn-down to direct the gasses to the ground. That was it though, nothing else!

saab_93_speed
10th September 2014, 08:19 PM
Cool thanks, know of any websites that sell replacement bumpers for an 06 93? This dumb female was texting amd read ended me happend to find a rear bumper for the low ($100) to be exactbut cant find a bumper cheaper then 300 anywhere any clues on sotes with used bumper for cheap?

swedespeed7
10th September 2014, 08:51 PM
Cool thanks, know of any websites that sell replacement bumpers for an 06 93? This dumb female was texting amd read ended me happend to find a rear bumper for the low ($100) to be exactbut cant find a bumper cheaper then 300 anywhere any clues on sotes with used bumper for cheap?

Fix your syntax and spelling and then maybe we can talk ;)

saab_93_speed
10th September 2014, 08:55 PM
This auto correct is bs.but I got rear ended by a texting female and hit the car infront of me I need a new front bumper but dont wanna pay over 300 for it , I just need a used one that I can fix aint paintmyself for the low

swedespeed7
10th September 2014, 08:56 PM
This auto correct is bs.but I got rear ended by a texting female and hit the car infront of me I need a new front bumper but dont wanna pay over 300 for it , I just need a used one that I can fix aint paintmyself for the low

What color is your car?

saab_93_speed
10th September 2014, 08:59 PM
Black , but any color will do I can always paint it myself ;ol;

swedespeed7
10th September 2014, 09:07 PM
Black , but any color will do I can always paint it myself ;ol;

RockAuto has them for under $200, primed. But shipping is about $130.

Also, here with free shipping:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Saab/9-3/Replacement/Bumper_Cover/2006/2-dot-0T/4_Cyl_2-dot-0L/REPS010306P.html?loc=Front&intcmpid=Product+Listings+Best+Seller

saab_93_speed
10th September 2014, 09:08 PM
Better then 600 from saab thanks bro

swedespeed7
10th September 2014, 09:16 PM
Better then 600 from saab thanks bro

no problem

SAABalingus
27th September 2014, 02:53 AM
Want to sound like a SRT-4? Straight pipes.

But really, don't do that. Please.

OEM V6 mufflers all the way.

^ +1,000,000 OEM dual v6 exhauust has a great rumble when u get on it.

96mn12
27th September 2014, 10:43 AM
^ +1,000,000 OEM dual v6 exhauust has a great rumble when u get on it.

As someone who had dynomax and a magnaflow Y lemme say those had a great rumble and no drone. But they were loud.

I just put OEM aeros from an xwd and holy crap its stealth mode engaged. Even doing 6k I get no sound.

Still, I can definitely live with it. The dynomax setup was awesome esp going under an overpass, but after 3 years I was going deaf.

Venom55
27th September 2014, 11:53 AM
As someone who had dynomax and a magnaflow Y lemme say those had a great rumble and no drone. But they were loud.

I just put OEM aeros from an xwd and holy crap its stealth mode engaged. Even doing 6k I get no sound.

Still, I can definitely live with it. The dynomax setup was awesome esp going under an overpass, but after 3 years I was going deaf.

Duals from a 2.0T and V6's are totally different..... If you got the V6's one and say you got no sound is curious, unless your still running stock downpipe and resonator, then it could be a factor.

But get a downpipe, res deleted, and V6's , on a 2.0T youll have plenty of sound

96mn12
27th September 2014, 04:23 PM
Duals from a 2.0T and V6's are totally different..... If you got the V6's one and say you got no sound is curious, unless your still running stock downpipe and resonator, then it could be a factor.

But get a downpipe, res deleted, and V6's , on a 2.0T youll have plenty of sound

V6 OE muffler with GS downpipe and stock resonator. Which is fine like I said. With the top down it was very tiring.

I don't want to get rid of the OE resonator because I dread drone.

Venom55
27th September 2014, 06:41 PM
V6 OE muffler with GS downpipe and stock resonator. Which is fine like I said. With the top down it was very tiring.

I don't want to get rid of the OE resonator because I dread drone.

Their is no drone im running this setup , so no worries there and youll get more sound while keeping it pretty stocky when not stomping on it. Also is your downpipe is catted, thats a another thing quieting it down also

96mn12
28th September 2014, 11:31 AM
Their is no drone im running this setup , so no worries there and youll get more sound while keeping it pretty stocky when not stomping on it. Also is your downpipe is catted, thats a another thing quieting it down also

Did you get rid of yours or replace it with something else?

Venom55
28th September 2014, 05:29 PM
Did you get rid of yours or replace it with something else?

Resonator you mean? If yes I just deleted it and welded a section of pipe to replace it