Hate the look of my car lowered on H&R [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Hate the look of my car lowered on H&R

SovangW
11th August 2014, 01:50 PM
about 2 years ago I lowered my car using koni sports and H&R Sport Spring (03+ Saab 9-3 Typ YS3F) 29319-2

It claimed a rake look, instead my front is higher and I hate it... Should put the lower vogtland up front?? Or just change out all the springs? GS says the springs i have is rated for a 30mm drop, i noticed vogtlands go lower. I want and even look at worst and raked at best.

Diggs
11th August 2014, 01:55 PM
Will probably look the same. If you hate it that much you should just go coilovers.

cupdeez
13th August 2014, 05:39 PM
about 2 years ago I lowered my car using koni sports and H&R Sport Spring (03+ Saab 9-3 Typ YS3F) 29319-2

It claimed a rake look, instead my front is higher and I hate it... Should put the lower vogtland up front?? Or just change out all the springs? GS says the springs i have is rated for a 30mm drop, i noticed vogtlands go lower. I want and even look at worst and raked at best.

Do you have a picture? The 1st vehicle I ever lowered I used springs and was not very happy. To change it you have to buy another spring and you still might not liked it.

Going forward I always purchase coilovers. I'm running fortune coilovers on my Saab 93.

http://www.fortune-auto.com/500series.htm

SovangW
3rd June 2015, 09:07 PM
so over a year after this post, the car still seems too low in back and high up front. Lol. I've seen cars with the same setup. This is not right. What could potentially be the issue? I do not wan't coil overs. I want to solve this issue.

H&R Springs 29319-2

Rogozhin
3rd June 2015, 09:34 PM
so over a year after this post, the car still seems too low in back and high up front. Lol. I've seen cars with the same setup. This is not right. What could potentially be the issue? I do not wan't coil overs. I want to solve this issue.

H&R Springs 29319-2

Do you have a picture that we can view? Can't you use those crappy spring spacers to fix the rears?

SovangW
3rd June 2015, 09:58 PM
sorry for the bad pics, my phone camera sucks. The lower is the rear (left pic) , higher is up front (right pic). I Will provide a better pic in the light tomorrow.

swedespeed7
4th June 2015, 12:19 AM
Looks fine to me. Normal that the front is higher than rear to allow for greater suspension travel.

Roscoe_P_Coltrane
4th June 2015, 09:14 AM
Have you measured from the bottom of the front and rear of the sideskirts to see of the rear is truly lower than the front? just going by the wheel arches is deceiving because I believe the front arches naturally run up higher than the rear arches. The larger gap in the front is not necessarily an accurate measurement for the actual front/rear height.

Here's a random pic of a stock 9-3. Notice how the front looks to be higher than the rear if you only focus on the wheel arches/gaps. The lowering springs might just be making this more apparent to your eyes.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/saab/images/2006-CIMG7389.jpg

Mr.Chow
22nd June 2015, 04:31 PM
yep he's exactly right. I'm guessing this is the issue.

Capriman86
22nd June 2015, 05:06 PM
I have the exact same setup though, Koni's with H&R's

Dead even stance, which I am thankful for btw, not to rub it in.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/gN3puxh4D1OBr1ycNeLfuAegFu75ob4Vq9GbH2mwgT8q=w1509-h857-no

swedespeed7
22nd June 2015, 06:30 PM
Konis and H&Rs:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Qzy6_lfVaYQ/U5vdOVqRq-I/AAAAAAAAJgo/6GUNwa4ACgI/s720/_DSC6342.JPG

Roscoe_P_Coltrane
22nd June 2015, 09:46 PM
If both of those are 2.8Ts or xwd then the heavier loads my help even it out up front but even on that last one, it looks like the front arch is just a tad higher still. The rear tire looks slightly more tucked. Just the nature of the beast.

swedespeed7
23rd June 2015, 12:05 AM
If both of those are 2.8Ts or xwd then the heavier loads my help even it out up front but even on that last one, it looks like the front arch is just a tad higher still. The rear tire looks slightly more tucked. Just the nature of the beast.

yep, you are correct.

kennyrayandersen
23rd June 2015, 12:14 AM
I mean the front does look slightly higher, but not really by much. I don't think most people will notice it and it looks OK. I'm guessing if the front was much lower you get das rubbin!

Aero-X
24th June 2015, 12:09 AM
Those look good but I would still like it slightly higher in the back. I think it looks much better when the back is higher plus you get more room to work with for additional weight from passengers and trunk. What if you go with a different set of springs in the back that don't lower as much?

swedespeed7
24th June 2015, 01:20 AM
Those look good but I would still like it slightly higher in the back. I think it looks much better when the back is higher plus you get more room to work with for additional weight from passengers and trunk. What if you go with a different set of springs in the back that don't lower as much?

Yep you can do that. One guy on here went Eibach front, H&R rear.

N_Raged
24th June 2015, 07:07 AM
Sovang have you ever replaced your rear upper control arms? When they're worn, they will cause the rear to sag. Also replace your rear upper rubber spring pad while you're at it. If you're still using your original pad then it might have rotted and squished over time.

There's also alignment adjustments you can do depending what your rim offset allows without rubbing. Get camber bolts for the front and increase the negative camber to about -1.5degrees. This will tuck the top of the wheel in a bit. As for the rear, you want as little negative camber as possible. But since the car is lowered, you might not get any straighter than -1 degree.

aerosteel
24th June 2015, 08:50 AM
Yep you can do that. One guy on here went Eibach front, H&R rear.

I thought the H&R were lower than the Eibach.

SovangW
24th June 2015, 09:51 AM
Sovang have you ever replaced your rear upper control arms? When they're worn, they will cause the rear to sag. Also replace your rear upper rubber spring pad while you're at it. If you're still using your original pad then it might have rotted and squished over time.

There's also alignment adjustments you can do depending what your rim offset allows without rubbing. Get camber bolts for the front and increase the negative camber to about -1.5degrees. This will tuck the top of the wheel in a bit. As for the rear, you want as little negative camber as possible. But since the car is lowered, you might not get any straighter than -1 degree.
I am slowly collecting the parts I need for the rear. I got 1 upper, i need 1 more, i have a lower control arm to replace the damage one. i have sway bar bushings, i need trailing arm bushings and control arm bushings. My end goal is a slight raked looked.

swedespeed7
24th June 2015, 10:04 AM
I thought the H&R were lower than the Eibach.

They are. He did it for a completely different reason, but the principle works vice versa.

fd3toe46
24th June 2015, 06:24 PM
They are. He did it for a completely different reason, but the principle works vice versa.

I had Eibachs up front and Megans in the back. I'm back on Eibachs all around now. The Megans leveled my car out for and even look but with a full tank of gas and a passenger in back it was too low compare to fronts. Also I noticed when the car was not raked the handling was off as if it was lighter in the front feeling.

swedespeed7
24th June 2015, 09:23 PM
I had Eibachs up front and Megans in the back. I'm back on Eibachs all around now. The Megans leveled my car out for and even look but with a full tank of gas and a passenger in back it was too low compare to fronts. Also I noticed when the car was not raked the handling was off as if it was lighter in the front feeling.

Thanks for clarifying, you were the one I was talking about but I can never remember your user name :lol: