BCB Stg 2 - joining the club [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: BCB Stg 2 - joining the club

SaabKen
7th July 2014, 03:04 PM
Just ordered the handheld tuner and will do the Stg 2 tune. Can't wait :)

Squaab99t
7th July 2014, 05:20 PM
Just ordered the handheld tuner and will do the Stg 2 tune. Can't wait :)

So the walk along the slippery slope begins.
Just in time for the national Saab convention.

SaabKen
7th July 2014, 06:47 PM
So the walk along the slippery slope begins.
Just in time for the national Saab convention.

Lube that slope, baby ! :)

Maybe it'll cut my drive time there by 30% :cheesy:

Diggs
7th July 2014, 09:55 PM
About damn time....

sleepinSaab
8th July 2014, 10:26 AM
I've had mine for a month now. You're going to love it!

SaabKen
8th July 2014, 10:32 AM
I've had mine for a month now. You're going to love it!

Same setup ?

sleepinSaab
8th July 2014, 10:34 AM
Yep, Stage 2. All I have is an intake mod and a dynomax super turbo muffler. I also bought the plugs they recommend off the website. Big difference over the stock plugs. They recommend gapping the new plugs to .8-.9mm. I did not gap mine but Casey told me its only to combat misfires and breaking up under load. So far I haven't had an issue. I got a Stage 2 Eco and a regular Stage 2 tune from them. Ran the Eco for a bit and then flashed the more aggressive tune. I won't be going back to Eco any time soon lol

SaabKen
22nd July 2014, 11:08 AM
Preview ;)

News at Six. Stay tuned. :cool:

iksnoved25
22nd July 2014, 12:51 PM
Yep, Stage 2. All I have is an intake mod and a dynomax super turbo muffler. I also bought the plugs they recommend off the website. Big difference over the stock plugs. They recommend gapping the new plugs to .8-.9mm. I did not gap mine but Casey told me its only to combat misfires and breaking up under load. So far I haven't had an issue. I got a Stage 2 Eco and a regular Stage 2 tune from them. Ran the Eco for a bit and then flashed the more aggressive tune. I won't be going back to Eco any time soon lol

Are you manual or auto trans? Any issues with clutch slippage?

SaabKen
23rd July 2014, 05:14 PM
Finally received my two tune files from BCB today. Ignored the Stg 1 tune, went right for Stg 2. The upload to the car's ECU took < 5 mins (compared to 15-20 mins to download the stock file into the handheld :o ).

I did about 1.5 hrs of test drive, here's the nutshell:

Started the drive around town in urban traffic. The improvement is noticeable but barely so in stop & go traffic. But once I come to an incline the added torque is definitely there. That annoying hole between 1300-1800rpm is gone now, the new powerband is as wide as Texas and smooth all the way from 1200-4000rpm (I rarely go over 4K). Feathering the throttle is all that is needed to maintain 60-90mph on the freeway and passing from 40-70mph is but a thought away.

Engine sound is ever so slightly lower in pitch. Urban gas mileage is up about 1-2mpg, and highway mpg is also up about the same.

In the end, this was money very well spent. Although I would have preferred to just pay for the Stg 2 flash at half the cost of getting the handheld tuner package, the investment is still well worth it, this tune really TRANSFORMS my car ;ol;

Thanks to Casey (Rabbit here on SC) and Brew City Boost.

http://media.giphy.com/media/3NUJ4FwSp4MJG/giphy.gif

eidsvik
24th July 2014, 12:30 AM
So excited for you Ken. You're stage 2 now!

There's no better way to fall in love with your Saab again than to feed it a solid Brew City tune.

Do auto 9-3's have a Sport mode? Did you try that yet?

SaabKen
24th July 2014, 12:54 AM
So excited for you Ken. You're stage 2 now!

There's no better way to fall in love with your Saab again than to feed it a solid Brew City tune.

Do auto 9-3's have a Sport mode? Did you try that yet?

Yes, mo' power does help with re-igniting the flame, so to speak.

No, we don't have sport mode switch. Sport mode is simply activated by further depressing the gas pedal ...... ;)

swedespeed7
24th July 2014, 12:12 PM
Yes, mo' power does help with re-igniting the flame, so to speak.

No, we don't have sport mode switch. Sport mode is simply activated by further depressing the gas pedal ...... ;)

I have the sport mode switch on my '09, although I never use it. Sentronic mode has the best throttle response by far and I use it most of the time.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-oUvb23jlObs/U9Ev9KObNkI/AAAAAAAADQ8/ob-afMRCbNE/s714/_DSC4892.JPG

SaabKen
24th July 2014, 12:26 PM
I have the sport mode switch on my '09, although I never use it. Sentronic mode has the best throttle response by far and I use it most of the time.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-oUvb23jlObs/U9Ev9KObNkI/AAAAAAAADQ8/ob-afMRCbNE/s714/_DSC4892.JPG

Maybe I'll just try to find one of those buttons in a wreck yard and replace one on my dash ;)

Capriman86
24th July 2014, 01:34 PM

That simply turns traction control on/off from what I thought.....you will have more tire spin as the car won't cut down any power when slipping.

But the Sentronic mode definitely changes drivability and throttle response. ;ol;;ol;

sleepinSaab
24th July 2014, 01:35 PM
Are you manual or auto trans? Any issues with clutch slippage?

Auto transmission with no clutch issues. Only "issue" as of now is a bit of heat soak thanks to summer time. A FMIC would fix that though.

swedespeed7
24th July 2014, 01:38 PM
That simply turns traction control on/off from what I thought.....you will have more tire spin as the car won't cut down any power when slipping.

But the Sentronic mode definitely changes drivability and throttle response. ;ol;;ol;

Nope they got rid of that button but re-introduced it in 2010 or 2011. The "S" is for sport mode. I have to go through the SID menu to disable TCS/ESP.

iksnoved25
24th July 2014, 01:38 PM

Is this a joke? I don't have anything like that on my 2010. On my '03 that was the ESP button. Now in '08 the ESP is located in settings using the steering wheel buttons.

swedespeed7
24th July 2014, 01:42 PM
Is this a joke? I don't have anything like that on my 2010. On my '03 that was the ESP button. Now in '08 the ESP is located in settings using the steering wheel buttons.

Not a joke. And if you don't have the ESP button on your '10 dash, then it came back in 2011.

Capriman86
24th July 2014, 02:41 PM
Nope they got rid of that button but re-introduced it in 2010 or 2011. The "S" is for sport mode. I have to go through the SID menu to disable TCS/ESP.

Well....huh.....I didn't actually see the "S" on your button until now, why do they have to confuse us and put stuff, take stuff, move stuff all in a couple years lol

swedespeed7
24th July 2014, 02:50 PM
Well....huh.....I didn't actually see the "S" on your button until now, why do they have to confuse us and put stuff, take stuff, move stuff all in a couple years lol

It's called "decontenting" :roll:

https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=280700&postcount=4

Deli-Llama
24th July 2014, 06:08 PM

I have the same button on my '08 and agree with the better throttle response in "manual shift" mode.