Forge BPV installation and intake questions [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Forge BPV installation and intake questions

Wats_SAAB
4th July 2014, 01:21 AM
Hey guys so my friend and I were trying to install my new forge BPV today on my 2003 9-3 linear/SS and we got the lower intake pipe off and disconnected all the lines from it. But instead of bolts on my stock Bosch bpv I have these star headed screws (maybe tork head screws?) and they were really on there and we couldn't even budge them any ideas about getting them off? Could be because the car has about 126500 miles on it. I have the 2.0t small turbo Garrett GT17 turbo. Also it seems like the intake pip that attaches to my turbo has broke do to old age, I don't really like the flimsy feel of the stock intake pipe and I just ordered a BSR OPTIFLOW intake with an SAI (secondary air injection) but I don't think it comes with a lower piece of the intake that attaches to the turbo, have any of you guys found a good aftermarket lower piece that you'd recommend to someone else, Thanks for looking guys I appreciate the help!;ol;

P.S. Will post pics if asked too before and after

44Saab
4th July 2014, 08:35 PM
Hit the screws with some WD40 and let it soak and it should come off a lot easier. Try not to overspray on to the turbo itself.

Regarding the post-MAF pipe, I'm not sure if the system comes with it. Hopefully someone else knows.

billm0066
5th July 2014, 11:40 AM
Hit the screws with some WD40 and let it soak and it should come off a lot easier. Try not to overspray on to the turbo itself.

Regarding the post-MAF pipe, I'm not sure if the system comes with it. Hopefully someone else knows.

wd40 wont do much to a stuck bolt. You will want to use PB blaster or some other penetrating oil.

Wats_SAAB
6th July 2014, 12:16 AM
wd40 wont do much to a stuck bolt. You will want to use PB blaster or some other penetrating oil.

Used a penetrating oil and it worked like a charm if anyone wants me to put up a pick of what the FORGE BPV looks like for the 93 linear/SS 175 HP car as it is now installed post in this thread thanks guys!;ol;

Wats_SAAB
7th July 2014, 01:19 PM
To any of you guys looking to install the forge BPV on your saab 93 SS 175 HP, I attached an image of what the finished product looks like and I know I have a gas line running to the BPV right now lol it's because I had to improvise because while installing it the OEM tube was too short but it doesn't affect it negatively at all and still sounds great a little louder than stock highly recommend this product to anyone trying to replace that stock Bosch BPV totally worth the money and with shipping came to like 138 bucks, I just got a new silicon hose tube for the car and will put it in place of the gas line I used shortly if anyone would like to see the steps of how I cut and replaced the OEM line please post in this thread and ill post pics of what I did to extend the line hope you guys enjoy!:cool:

berkeleydojah
22nd July 2014, 10:38 AM
I would like to see the custom pipe you made please!

cupdeez
22nd July 2014, 03:53 PM
To any of you guys looking to install the forge BPV on your saab 93 SS 175 HP, I attached an image of what the finished product looks like and I know I have a gas line running to the BPV right now lol it's because I had to improvise because while installing it the OEM tube was too short but it doesn't affect it negatively at all and still sounds great a little louder than stock highly recommend this product to anyone trying to replace that stock Bosch BPV totally worth the money and with shipping came to like 138 bucks, I just got a new silicon hose tube for the car and will put it in place of the gas line I used shortly if anyone would like to see the steps of how I cut and replaced the OEM line please post in this thread and ill post pics of what I did to extend the line hope you guys enjoy!:cool:

This looks exactly like the one that also goes on the 93 2.0T.

Wats_SAAB
22nd July 2014, 10:38 PM
Post pics of how I cut the line tm as soon as I can for ya;ol;

I would like to see the custom pipe you made please!

Wats_SAAB
22nd July 2014, 10:39 PM
I noticed that too I think it's just a little bit smaller cause the size in turbos

This looks exactly like the one that also goes on the 93 2.0T.

berkeleydojah
24th July 2014, 12:42 PM
Btw, I'm getting the one from viva performance cause it has the green spring. They also offer a silicone hose for $1.99. Is that the one I should get ?

Wats_SAAB
28th July 2014, 11:00 PM
Btw, I'm getting the one from viva performance cause it has the green spring. They also offer a silicone hose for $1.99. Is that the one I should get ?

As long as it's long enough to get to the BPV and it has the same diameter as the OEM tube