Getting Started [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Getting Started

encryptedband
30th May 2014, 11:14 PM
I just purchased a 2010 9-3 2.0T XWD. I never have modified any cars so I'm kinda clueless as to where to begin. From what I've gathered by looking through the forums is I need an ECU tune at some point. But I was wondering if there are any small projects I can do in the meantime that would worthwhile or set me up for a tune in the future? I just need pointed in the right direction, so if anyone that's been doing this for awhile can help a new guy out!

Thanks,
Jonathan

sleepinSaab
31st May 2014, 12:19 AM
I just purchased a 2010 9-3 2.0T XWD. I never have modified any cars so I'm kinda clueless as to where to begin. From what I've gathered by looking through the forums is I need an ECU tune at some point. But I was wondering if there are any small projects I can do in the meantime that would worthwhile or set me up for a tune in the future? I just need pointed in the right direction, so if anyone that's been doing this for awhile can help a new guy out!

Thanks,
Jonathan

Welcome Jon! What exactly are you looking for as far as power goes? Check out the Brew City Boost and JZW tuning websites. A quick google search will point you in the right direction. They each have different modification requirements for the different stages of tunes they offer. You can also look into a BSR tune or Vtuner. Personally, I went with Brew City Boost, but a lot of people have JZW as well as Tuning by MPS (I can give you Mike's email if you want it) for tunes as well. They are all very helpful and can help point you in the direction of your power wants or needs.

Tmarter
31st May 2014, 01:47 PM
Get your ECU tuned
work on getting more air in, and out...so Air intake, downpipe and exhaust
work on efficiency...like cooler air temps for more power...so Intercooler
then work on fueling...injectors, pump etc
Brakes & suspension
Turbo
Transmission & Driveline
Nitrous
Flux Capacitor
you see where this is going. lol

Careful though, car mods is a sickness and addiction that is only cured by MORE POWAAH. But seriously it's expensive. LOL

sleepinSaab
31st May 2014, 02:06 PM
I just dropped $600 on my tune, spark plugs, muffler (thank god I know an exhaust guy that installed it for free), and boost gauge….and that was with a 10% discount from BCB. Just to give you an idea of what you'd be looking at. A down pipe is another $300-$450 depending on which one you get, and a FMIC varies in price. You'll get a significant increase in power though.