Forge BPV on 2.0t BioPower (TD04L-11 turbo) [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Forge BPV on 2.0t BioPower (TD04L-11 turbo)

Deli-Llama
29th May 2014, 07:08 PM
The turbo fitted to my car is a Mitsubishi TD04L-11 and I've been doing some research regarding the Forge BPV, part number FMDVRMR. A number of Saab Central members have purchased this part and successfully installed it but it was fitted to a TD04HL-14 turbo.

Does anyone have access to the Saab parts catalogue to confirm if the OEM BPV is the same part number for a 2008 BioPower 2.0t as it would be for the 2.0T?

Or even better, has anyone fitted the FMDVRMR to a TD04L-11 turbo?

PS. I never really know if I should refer to my car as a 2.0t or 2.0T as it has a TD04 turbo but the engine is a B207L.

Nijee
29th May 2014, 08:11 PM
PS. I never really know if I should refer to my car as a 2.0t or 2.0T as it has a TD04 turbo but the engine is a B207L.

Bad luck about the state of origin result ;ol;

Your car is a 2.0t. Saab Australia seems to have imported nearly all 2.0t Biopowers in 2008 and 2009. We have a 2009 vector SS 2.0t BioPower. Too bad E85 never took off. Very limited distribution. Have you driven your car on E85? This is performance the car should have had stock.

Get a stage 1 ECU tune and the car becomes a real torque monster. With the small 11T wheel, car is always on boost. Faster down low than my heavily modified TX.

Deli-Llama
30th May 2014, 04:29 AM
Bad luck about the state of origin result ;ol;

Actually, I'm glad NSW won - QLD'ers have been getting way to cocky about the state of origin. :roll:

Your car is a 2.0t. Saab Australia seems to have imported nearly all 2.0t Biopowers in 2008 and 2009. We have a 2009 vector SS 2.0t BioPower. Too bad E85 never took off. Very limited distribution. Have you driven your car on E85? This is performance the car should have had stock.

Yes, I have a couple of Caltex petrol stations near me that sell E85. My previous car was a 2004 9-3 Aero 2.0T and the BioPower 2.0t feels pretty much the same up to about 4,500 rpm when the tank is full of E85 on the stock tune.

Get a stage 1 ECU tune and the car becomes a real torque monster. With the small 11T wheel, car is always on boost. Faster down low than my heavily modified TX.

I ended up purchasing the VTuner stage 0 tune a couple of weeks ago and the new found torque is very addictive. :D

Deli-Llama
5th June 2014, 05:29 AM
I have sent the question to Forge Motorsport and I will post their answer (for the other 3 people that own a BioPower 2.0t on this forum).

Deli-Llama
5th June 2014, 08:13 PM
Here's the response:

Unfortunately we can not confirm fitment of this valve to your turbo at this time. We have not done testing on this specific model of turbo to be able to know for sure if it will fit. The best form of action would be to do some research on the forums to try and hash out what other guys are running.

So it looks like I'll just bite the bullet and buy the FMDVRMR and see how it goes. I'm fairly confident the TD04HL-14T and TD04L-11T use the same bypass valve.