2004 saab 9-3 2.0t advanced scanner [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 2004 saab 9-3 2.0t advanced scanner

bogstandardsaab
6th April 2014, 06:00 AM
Hi, can anyone recommend the most affordable after market scanner for the above car? Something that will not just read/reset codes accurately, but also allow to make changes to the default factory settings(obligatory) such as turn off day time running lights as well as initialize/"marry" newly installed replacement parts(preferred) like a yaw sensor.

A GM Tech II instrument, (admittedly, the perfect solution) even second hand, will cost well over 1000$.(((

Much appreciated!

Mike

P.S. If my effort to find an affordable advanced scanner fail, I'll just get a cheap one that can at least read/clear codes. Which cheap scanners have people had good experience with? I am tempted to get this one:
Amazon.com: Excelvan U480 Car Auto Diagnostic Scanner OBD2 OBDII CAN-BUS Code Reader Memoscanner: Electronics
but wanted to know if it will do its job on this car.

aerojon
6th April 2014, 09:00 AM
but also allow to make changes to the default factory settings(obligatory) such as turn off day time running lights as well as initialize/"marry" newly installed replacement parts(preferred) like a yaw sensor.

A GM Tech II instrument, (admittedly, the perfect solution) even second hand, will cost well over 1000$.(((

Much appreciated!

Mike

P.S. If my effort to find an affordable advanced scanner fail, I'll just get a cheap one that can at least read/clear codes. Which cheap scanners have people had good experience with? I am tempted to get this one:
Amazon.com: Excelvan U480 Car Auto Diagnostic Scanner OBD2 OBDII CAN-BUS Code Reader Memoscanner: Electronics (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091Q3NCG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3H5U6PTZVU5OE)
but wanted to know if it will do its job on this car.

only tech2 will allow you to change the setting,yes that scanner will work as it supports canbus..have you seen this thread in the workshop https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260738 there might be someone not far from you..

bogstandardsaab
7th April 2014, 12:44 PM
I appreciate the useful and quick reply! I'll have a look; over 70 pages of listings in that thread((