Looking for some Saab Owners in PHX that want to get together [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Looking for some Saab Owners in PHX that want to get together

5FANS
28th February 2013, 07:22 PM
Anybody in the Phoenix area interested in a Saab Owners Group?

CRAIGW
28th February 2013, 07:28 PM
Im in Chandler. I know of one other guy but havent been in contact with him a while.

5FANS
28th February 2013, 07:34 PM
Im in Chandler. I know of one other guy but havent been in contact with him a while.

Nice. I am picking up my 92 - 9000 this weekend. Its for my daughter but I like to be active and if you guys ever get together let me know. She doesnt turn 16 for a year but we wanted a car to play with and that would be a safe mode of transport for her once the day comes. I will be driving it in the meantime to "work out all the kinks" of course.

Hope to see you around.

Jor3lBR
28th February 2013, 07:45 PM
I'm in Flagstaff -AZ let me know when you guys wanna meet up in the high country for some cool summer weather.

FiveStar
28th February 2013, 07:53 PM
im all for new meets popping up and best of luck with finding local members to join you, but this section is for planned events, not for gauging interest.
(been seeing a lot of these threads lately, so not trying to single you out.)

https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5856

GUIDELINES FOR LISTING EVENTS - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!!

We have created this Forum specifically for you to annouce details of Worldwide Saab Events to try and give them more exposure which will hopefully encourage more people to attend. Please feel free to add and discuss any Saab Events that you know of no matter how large or small.

Please keep posts relevant to the Event taking place.

Once the Event date has passed, the thread will be moved to the 'Lounge' Forum where any further discussion can continue.

Please only post events that already have a fixed meeting date. If you are trying to generate interest for a meet then please use the 'Lounge' forum to do so. Once a meet date is established please start a new topic in the 'Events' forum to generate a list of attendees.

Thanks - Simon.

5FANS
28th February 2013, 07:55 PM
Thanks for that info. We can post there. I appreciate the heads up.

FiveStar
28th February 2013, 08:03 PM
Thanks for that info. We can post there. I appreciate the heads up.

no problem.

im not saying you have to start up a new thread, a mod could take care of moving it, i've just notice it over the past couple months (since the weather will begin to warm up) that there are a few of these threads, so i think some people see they are already posted in here and start their own.

again, im all for saab meets, if you wernt 2,000+ miles away, i'd join you guys!:lol:

5FANS
28th February 2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks FiveStar. Your welcome to join us. By the time you get here we should have had time to plan a meeting. :)

SaabKen
28th February 2013, 08:54 PM
FiveStar - it was me who directed 5FANS to this forum, but I should have clarified with him that he could do a quick search for "Phoenix" or something similar.

Your point is noted and makes a good reminder that this forum is intended to show planned events only. 5FANS being new, we'll spare him the 10 lashings this time around ;)

I'll patrol this forum more often to ensure folks stay within the thread-posting guidelines.

Cheers.

5FANS
1st March 2013, 12:09 AM
Thanks SaabKen

I will take a closer look next time. I appreciate the lack of lashings.

CRAIGW
1st March 2013, 11:05 AM
Fivestar is not welcome here. Unless he wants to die... and have his car taken... BY ME!

SaabKen
2nd March 2013, 12:29 PM
Thanks SaabKen

I will take a closer look next time. I appreciate the lack of lashings.

Fivestar is not welcome here. Unless he wants to die... and have his car taken... BY ME!

Sounds like CraigW is up for giving you the lashings, 'tho ;)

FiveStar
2nd March 2013, 04:13 PM
Thanks FiveStar. Your welcome to join us. By the time you get here we should have had time to plan a meeting. :)

haha, maybe ill just join you and i can stop genuine saab on the way and have a bunch of parts installed.

FiveStar - it was me who directed 5FANS to this forum, but I should have clarified with him that he could do a quick search for "Phoenix" or something similar.

Your point is noted and makes a good reminder that this forum is intended to show planned events only. 5FANS being new, we'll spare him the 10 lashings this time around ;)

I'll patrol this forum more often to ensure folks stay within the thread-posting guidelines.

Cheers.

no problem, i've just seen a bunch of these popping up lately and by the looks of it, a lot of saab meets/events are going to being happening, so would help clean up all the clutter and multiple thread.

woah, might just have to make the trip out there to see if you can back up that statement. ;) haha

SaabKen
2nd March 2013, 08:49 PM
no problem, i've just seen a bunch of these popping up lately and by the looks of it, a lot of saab meets/events are going to being happening, so would help clean up all the clutter and multiple thread.

I'm this forum's moderator so I'll make the commitment to spend more time perusing here and give you guys a hard time ..... ;)

CRAIGW
7th May 2013, 11:25 AM
Just posting for anyone to see. There is a big car get together on May 14th (Tuesday) at 6:30pm. Location is Rio Salado & Packard drive in Tempe Arizona. You will see the cars and parking lot on SW corner. 5 of us Saabers are scheduled to be there. Anyone else in the are not knowing about it, feel free to meet up with us. We intend to have a bit to eat earlier then head over to the lot. Professional pictures and video will be taken so have your car shine.

Or see https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252862