San Francisco Bay Area Saab Meetup Anyone? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: San Francisco Bay Area Saab Meetup Anyone?

Gunnar
20th October 2012, 09:17 PM
So since the official Bay Area Saab Club seems to be pretty dead, with no real events since January, I've kind of decided that I want to do something about it.

When I was living in Los Angeles and was active with the LA Saab Club, we'd have monthly drives to Malibu, the annual Swedish Car Fest in Redondo Beach, a group Dyno day, etc.

Since I have some free time, at least for the time being I'd like to try and organize some kind of event in the next few weeks/months.

Something that I think would be fun would be a meetup at an Ikea, probably the one in Palo Alto.

If you are in the area and have any interest in attending something like this, or have suggestions of what we could do, please let me know and let's celebrate what it means to be Saab owners.

-Andrew

mrazekan
26th October 2012, 05:12 PM
I just moved to the Bay from Portland. I'd be interested in some meetups. I have a strong interest in doing the T5 conversion to my 900. If moree pole are interested, a T5 tech day would be rather awesome!

figo77ll
30th October 2012, 04:54 PM
Just talked to a Saab owner on the street yesterday. She got the same color as mine, but a year newer.

Yeah, I think Saab drivers should be up for such an event, if only they can be connected here on this forum. Be united.

Gunnar
1st November 2012, 05:52 PM
Set up this Facebook page as a more causal place to discuss things.

http://www.facebook.com/BayAreaSaabClub

2400baud
3rd January 2013, 09:01 PM
just moved to sf from seattle a year ago.. when i moved i didnt bring my saab with me and just relied on Muni and bart to get around as needed.

flew up to seattle for the holidays (im still here now) and decided that im going to drive my car back down instead of fly. It will be great to have a way out of the city finally and would love to meet other SAABers in the area when i get back.

before i hit the road I am doing the JZW stg 1 tune along with K&N drop in and new NGK plugs. should be a fun drive!

accordboi
4th January 2013, 12:39 PM
SF native here and it'd be nice to meet up with some fellow Saab owners. My only hesitation in doing so is that my car has been acting up lately with stalling issues when i'm braking. Still haven't gotten to the bottom of it, though (knock on wood), it hasn't been happening anymore since the last stall a week ago. Aside from that, i'd be down.

mrazekan
8th May 2013, 09:52 PM
SF native here and it'd be nice to meet up with some fellow Saab owners. My only hesitation in doing so is that my car has been acting up lately with stalling issues when i'm braking. Still haven't gotten to the bottom of it, though (knock on wood), it hasn't been happening anymore since the last stall a week ago. Aside from that, i'd be down.

Have you checked the "hooter" valve. The turbo bypass valve was causing my car to occasionally stall because the vac line to the valve was pinched. A bad valve or pinched line could cause that problem.