Saabs at Lime Rock - Sunday 9/2/12 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Saabs at Lime Rock - Sunday 9/2/12

coggs
24th August 2012, 11:52 AM
Every year Lime Rock Park in NW Connecticuit hosts their Historic Weekend over Labor Day. There is vintage racing on Saturday and Monday but on Sunday the track is shut down for "Sunday in the Park". Basically what happens is hundreds of the countries nicest historic cars (racing and touring) are parked on the main straight for a Concours judging event. But the best part is the rest of the track is reserved for the "Gathering of the Marques". What happens is that anybody with a nice car will be parked in groups with other owners of that make all around the track. Being Lime Rock the emphasis is on European makes, a refreshing change from those of us who have been going to Detroit dominated "Cruise Nights" all summer. I'm taking my '73 Sonett but the organizers have assued me that no well kept car will be refused a spot on the track regardless of year. They just want people to be true enthusiasts of their own car brand. I don't know of a Saab owner who isn't. I'm just throwing this out there in hope of not being the only Saab in attendance. Should be a great gathering this year. Hightlight will be a collection of F1 cars from the 70's-90's. Sterling Moss will be there to judge the Concours cars and sign autographs. If you have never been to Lime Rock the drive alone is worth it. One of the prettiest parts in all of New England. Tickets, including track access are $22 ($25 at the track). Just visit the Lime Rock website for more details. Hope to see some of you there.