Saab support..chicago [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Saab support..chicago

saabfan9
27th December 2011, 09:06 AM
interest in a save saab support get together in chicago....IKEA (near woodfield mall) SAT. JANUARY 14th 1:00....???

Tigersmane
3rd January 2012, 08:41 PM
First time posting on these forums, been lurking for a few months now.... I'd definitely be interested.

WSW
3rd January 2012, 09:29 PM
Im down;ol;

Cosmicflash
4th January 2012, 01:46 AM
Sounds like a plan. Saw the info on Saabs United as well.

Just do the same PR thing that was done 2 years ago and hopefully we'll get a good turnout.
Letting the local dealers know would be nice too. I only recall True Saab and the Exchange being represented. Patrick, down the street, had no representation that I saw.

saabfan9
4th January 2012, 09:01 AM
even if it's not so much a save saab thing vs. a wake of sorts to get together and remember our cars...talked to flikkama saab in lansing will get in touch with saabworks in posen

carz240
4th January 2012, 09:47 AM
Ill be there

saabarrow
5th January 2012, 10:16 AM
here's the thread:) been promoting this for chicago where i can. want a good turnout like last time;ol;

saabfan9
5th January 2012, 01:50 PM
HELP..need some help from fellow saabers..if anyone is coming down from the far north (lake bluff area) that could stop at north shore import sportscars and pick up some bare wheels..i live waaaay south and with 4 kids it's very hard for me to get out..please contact me chris

Joe Bass
5th January 2012, 02:11 PM
Is there a specific place in the parking lot to meet? A few dozen Saabs scattered among the couple hundred that are typically parked may not have the desired effect.

saabfan9
5th January 2012, 02:36 PM
it will be at the back part of the lot like last time can't miss it...this way we wont be in the way of the main parking lot

Sparky's 9-5 3t
5th January 2012, 02:55 PM
Any Wisconsin people interested in convoying down again?

Joe Bass
5th January 2012, 03:32 PM
it will be at the back part of the lot like last time can't miss it...this way we wont be in the way of the main parking lot

Got it - hope to make it.

Which Saab are you bringing?

saabarrow
5th January 2012, 04:45 PM
Saabfan9, are they open sat? I'm not too far and know of the place.

fiveiron9688
5th January 2012, 08:23 PM
Any Wisconsin people interested in convoying down again?

I *might* be. Very tentative at this point. I'm trying to get some of the others interested who came last time, but they're all *****ing that it's going to be cold. So if I can make it, it will probably just be me. I'll let you know.

Baz
5th January 2012, 09:28 PM
I *might* be. Very tentative at this point. I'm trying to get some of the others interested who came last time, but they're all *****ing that it's going to be cold. So if I can make it, it will probably just be me. I'll let you know.

:cheesy:

WSW
5th January 2012, 09:55 PM

Weaksauce.. You guys are vajajas

Joe Bass
5th January 2012, 10:25 PM
Told the wife tonight not to laugh at me, but I'm planning on going to this.

She laughed at me.

And made jokes, like "so are you guys going to have a candle light vigil"

Yeah, hell w/ it, I'm coming.

saabfan9
6th January 2012, 12:08 AM
theres no way it could possibly be as cold as the last one....thats the one thing that really stuck with me (freezing rain and wind)

saabarrow
6th January 2012, 12:51 PM
too cold for the cheese heads? c'mon....i've seen you nutjobs at packer games 20 below! :p

saabarrow
6th January 2012, 12:56 PM
@ joe bass....some people telling me it sounds like a requiem lol...screw it though. will be fun.