THIRD annual Midwest SAAB meet in Wisconsin! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: THIRD annual Midwest SAAB meet in Wisconsin!

fiveiron9688
13th July 2011, 05:31 PM
LAST MINUTE CHANCE TO JOIN US IN GREEN LAKE!! THIS SATURDAY JULY 16th!! :)

PM me if you're only on saabcentral (or call/text, 608 nine two one 6812), or snowsaab (920 four two zero 7669) over on saablink. Should be a fun time like the previous two years...sorry for the late notice. Somehow this didn't get posted over here on SC...copy and pasted from TSL.

Its another fun filled summer meet at Green Lake, WI. This year we got the lug nuts tightened, transmissions in-tact, speeding tickets paid off, and keeping the cars off EAA's precious lawn!

With the success of the last two meets its been decided to keep this a traditional meet. I want to start out thanking everyone that made it last year and kept this meet alive. Had alot of fun, and I plan to keep the memories going.

WHEN: Saturday July, 16th 2011.

WHAT TIME: Checkpoint time is NOON at Planeview Travel Plaza (specific details are below). Time at Green Lake is set for 1pm.

Hosted By: Sleepy7666~Dylan Southworth Snowsaab~Bryan Soles and Fiveiron9688~Zach Ruggerio

Join us for a cookout, swimming, country drive cruising, photo-shoot, part swap, and of course Saabs galore....

Food:Food and Drink is BYO. The park has grills for public use, if you have a portable grill, and dont mind sharing, please bring one!!! Hot dogs, brats and burgers seem to be a popular thing to bring.

Alcohol:Cheap Alcohol is Wisconsin's bread and butter. Several Stores are nearby the GTG Location.

Hotel Accommodations:PM Dylan or Bryan and we'll see what we can work out for those who have a long distance commute and wish to stay the night.

Parts Swap:PM Dylan with the items your bringing. He will make a master list and forward it to the people who RVSP. Prices are needed. Haggling and the purchases are up to each private party. He takes no responsibility.

What you should bring:Swimming Apparel, Grilling Food, Drink, Disposable Dishes, Items for Sale, Your Saab (if you have one... One isn't required.) It was pretty hot last year, and shade was passionatly desired, luckily one of the members brought one of those tailgating gazebos to offer cover, we were all greatly appreciative of that, if you have one PLEASE bring one, more than one would be great!!!! Dont forget chairs, can never have enough folding chairs, alot of you brought guests and some SAAB drivers passing by decided to stop and join in which is awesome, but the shortage of chairs were there. It would be nice if we had some spares.

Required:A good attitude and your love for Saab.

RVSP By PMing snowsaab, fiveiron9866 or Call Dylan @ 920-229-7666

Meet up Locations for Cruise to Green Lake.
MN:McDonalds in Hudson, WI, right off the I94 exit at 9am.
WI and all other areas: Planeview Travel Plaza in Oshkosh, WI at exit 113 off HWY 41/26. This is a great place to stop and get fuel, snacks, beer, grilling supplies, and theres also a restaurant. PM snowsaab for more info.

RAIN DATE: July 23rd

saabfan9
15th July 2011, 09:30 AM
sucks it's always the same day as road america..maybe next year..have fun guys

fiveiron9688
15th July 2011, 10:28 AM
sucks it's always the same day as road america..maybe next year..have fun guys

I'll have to talk to the guys who plan it and see if we can change it for the next one so we don't have this interference...I remember this coming up before.

Sparky's 9-5 3t
3rd August 2011, 02:03 PM
You guys end up doing the meet? Just saw the GTG post now. GRRR!