Swedish Car Day XII [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Swedish Car Day XII

Adrian92
10th July 2011, 12:01 PM
Just wondering who is planning on going? Still a looong time ahead and stuff but just wanted to have a feel on who was planning on going. I found out about it through Facebook so here is the link to it. Looks awesome in my opinion and I would love to meet up with people from SaabCentral and all park together and just have a good time.
Here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=195951533787192

;ol;

FiveStar
13th July 2011, 01:00 AM
hmm 4hr drive. tempting, but ive got sometime to think about it.

there was a nice 93 posted on there, dont think ive seen him on here tho.

https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24410&stc=1&d=1310533172

kanundrum
14th July 2011, 12:06 PM
Def Considering this!

Matt1488
14th July 2011, 12:41 PM
Maybe

tirado_881
14th July 2011, 05:58 PM
Are their any fees if so are the fees per car or per person? also do the gates close at any time for entry? thanks

ERIC,

Saabman900
14th July 2011, 09:07 PM
My dad and I will be there with our 1973 Sonett III and my mom's '09 XWD 9-3 SS ;ol;

Edit: Here's the link to the museum itself with a list of events. I believe it is a good idea to register beforehand just in case but I do believe there is a fee (not a lot). Can't remember how much though.

http://www.larzanderson.org/Topics/Topic.cfm?TopicName=Lawn%20Events

Adrian92
15th July 2011, 11:40 PM
There is a $20 fee per car, I pre-registered and it's what it said to me.
I don't know how strict they are on gate closings & openings since this will be my first time there. Anyone with experience on this huge Swedish show chime in :D
And that black 9-3 that FiveStar posted is an Aero from Chicago, he said he would come out but too far of a drive. He is a fellow Polish like me :D

tirado_881
16th July 2011, 12:16 AM
Thanks ADRIAN92 for the info but on one of the pages i read that it is 10.00 for the car to enter and then 10.00 per person in the car including the driver. Is this true anyone? SOMEONE PLEASE CHIME IN!!!!!

tirado_881
18th July 2011, 11:07 AM
Just spoke to the coordinator that works for charles river saab and he said the following.

$20.00 - for car and 2 passengers
$10.00 - he believes it is $10.00 for additional passengers

steves 900
24th July 2011, 12:16 PM
I think I'll give it a try if I can get the day off from work.

tirado_881
24th July 2011, 01:39 PM
just wondering about how many people have shown up to this event in the past.

Adrian92
25th July 2011, 09:34 AM
just wondering about how many people have shown up to this event in the past.

If it allows you you can look at albums of pictures from SCD's past. Here is the link to it:
http://www.facebook.com/swedishcarday?sk=photos

saab&willis
4th August 2011, 05:15 PM
All signed up!

Adrian92
5th August 2011, 09:38 AM
All signed up!

Wow all the way from West Virginia! That must be quite a drive, but aswesome to see a SaabCentral turnout! ;ol;

kanundrum
5th August 2011, 09:49 AM
Still thinking about this, only a 8 hour drive for me.

Adrian92
5th August 2011, 09:52 AM
Still thinking about this, only a 8 hour drive for me.

DOOO ITT! :D Bring that TurboX out. You knowwww you want to ;)

saab&willis
5th August 2011, 10:43 AM
Wow all the way from West Virginia! That must be quite a drive, but aswesome to see a SaabCentral turnout! ;ol;

Yeah.....15 hour drive:o It was SOC or SCD, thought SCD looked a bit more interesting. Plus, I've never been to Boston.

I rarely get to drive my Viggen, and I REALLY enjoy driving the car:cheesy:, so I'm looking forward to a nice long road trip. Catch up with some college buds along the way. Should be a good turnout for SaabCentral and Saablink members. Looking forward to matching up faces to some usernames.

kanundrum
5th August 2011, 10:44 AM
Yea I can't make it to the SOC this year cause of some other items but I think I may come down :) or well up

Adrian92
5th August 2011, 03:44 PM
Well at least you're going to one of them! haha
I'm going to SCD and then next year going to SOC because it's too late to put in days off from work, and I would need to set up a hotel, wheras I'm sleeping over a fellow Saab-er's house and then we're cruising up together.

Cark
9th August 2011, 03:48 PM
Great event! I'll be there as always.

Usually there are well over 100 SAAB's, and also Volvo's which can be a nice bit of variety. The museum also has great exhibits every year.

It's very lax, I don't think they ever stop letting cars in. I would recommend coming early so you can get with other cars of the same model. Later on when the main field fills up they just start putting all cars on the side or secondary field. It always looks cool seeing all the c900's lined up and all the 9-5's and so on and so forth.

kanundrum
22nd August 2011, 12:02 PM
Still debating on this, is this pretty much last major saab event of the season?

Saabman900
22nd August 2011, 11:19 PM
Still debating on this, is this pretty much last major saab event of the season?

Yep looks like it. Unless you want to take a trip out to Trolhattan October 1st :cheesy:.

kanundrum
22nd August 2011, 11:25 PM
Yep looks like it. Unless you want to take a trip out to Trolhattan October 1st :cheesy:.

Haha ill have to deploy the hydrofoil!

You going to be there man? I also got some New Coil Packs and Spark Plugs I need to install maybe someone could give me a hand :)

Saabman900
23rd August 2011, 04:58 AM
Haha ill have to deploy the hydrofoil!

You going to be there man? I also got some New Coil Packs and Spark Plugs I need to install maybe someone could give me a hand :)

Haha nice. Hell yeah I'll be there if you need help I'll see what I can do. Maybe my dad can help you out as well.

kanundrum
23rd August 2011, 09:20 AM
Sweet Looks like Ill join everyone, although I did just see this

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USMA0058?dayNum=5

imola_red
23rd August 2011, 11:58 AM
Sweet Looks like Ill join everyone, although I did just see this

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USMA0058?dayNum=5

Was thinking about it as well and then saw the weather too. Imagine doing the I-95 corridor from DC to Boston in the middle of a hurricane! Sounds like an adventure, but then again it can prove to be really frustrating as well... :(

kanundrum
23rd August 2011, 12:00 PM
Was thinking about it as well and then saw the weather too. Imagine doing the I-95 corridor from DC to Boston in the middle of a hurricane! Sounds like an adventure, but then again it can prove to be really frustrating as well... :(

That I actually don't mind but spending a day at a car show in the rain would be miserable.

Will see how weather updates by the end of the week.

If there is a 95% chance of rain on sunday It would put a damper on things.

saab&willis
23rd August 2011, 01:48 PM

Yeah, I'll be starting that drive on Friday......DC to Boston via I-95. Weather has me a little worried:cry:

Heavy rain + I-95 drivers, probably isn't the best conditions for my Viggen.

Would you guys just do Sunday's event, or do the Rally on Saturday as well?

kanundrum
23rd August 2011, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I'll be starting that drive on Friday......DC to Boston via I-95. Weather has me a little worried:cry:

Heavy rain + I-95 drivers, probably isn't the best conditions for my Viggen.

Would you guys just do Sunday's event, or do the Rally on Saturday as well?

Again Im not worried about rain driving to and from, more so worried about a washed out car show which would make the whole trip pointless.

If i were to go would be on Sat and Return Sunday to the DC area

saab&willis
24th August 2011, 07:42 AM
Swedish Car Day update -
"ANNOUNCEMENT! As Irene looks more and more likely to crash our party, I am going to make inquiries with the museum about possible alternate dates. A final decision will likely not be rendered until Friday, lest we cancel now and see Irene change her plans."

kanundrum
24th August 2011, 07:53 AM
Good stuff at least they won't have it in the rain if it does rain.

imola_red
24th August 2011, 09:43 AM
Swedish Car Day update -
"ANNOUNCEMENT! As Irene looks more and more likely to crash our party, I am going to make inquiries with the museum about possible alternate dates. A final decision will likely not be rendered until Friday, lest we cancel now and see Irene change her plans."

Heh how about pushing it back a week and making it Labor Day weekend! I'd be much more likely to do the drive on a 3-day weekend (albeit with more traffic). Also my summer Dunlops don't play particularly nice in the rain...

kanundrum
24th August 2011, 03:38 PM
Fellow Swedish Car Enthusiasts:

I am sure that everyone is aware of the impending storm which is making its way north this week. While none of us is afraid of some rain, there is the potential for flooding and severe wind which could make driving hazardousómany are traveling a great distance to get hereóand the lawn area dangerous for cars and spectators (anyone remember the tent which lifted off and crashed into a pickup at the museum a few years ago?). While I would prefer to hold the event as planned, I donít want to host an event that is miserable for those in attendance, and impossible for others to get to.

Therefore, I have requested a contingency date from the Larz Anderson. I will make a decision early Friday about whether to postpone Swedish Car Day. The last thing I want to do is move the date, and then find out that the storm took a turn or stalled. I think that Friday is a reasonable compromise to allow everyone to confirm or change their plans, and for the meteorologists to give us a clear indication. If there is a change, it will be to Sunday, September 4, 2011ósame time. I know that a holiday weekend is a mixed bag, impossible for some, a blessing for others. Itís the best we could do.

On Friday, I will post information about the final decision in the early morning on Facebook . I will try to have the announcement posted on www.swedishcarday.com but will have to rely on someone else to make that post, so it will come later. I would also ask that any club members post this on your forums, and tell your Swedish car enthusiast friends in case they are not receiving this and not looking at any media. I will be requesting InsideSaab and Saabsunited to post this as well.

If we reschedule:
If you have already scheduled for the event, no need to do anything if you are still coming. I would request that if you canít make the event, to go back to the Registration Page and cancel your registration. If you have registered for the Rally, a separate email will be forthcoming.

Lastly, you may receive multiple emails with this message as I am working from several lists and would prefer to get this to you sooner rather than merging and cleaning up the lists.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Regards,

Pierre Belperron
Service Manager
Charles River Saab
570 Arsenal Street
Watertown, MA 02472
617-607-2313 617-923-1237 (fax)

Saabman900
25th August 2011, 08:53 PM
Looks like its official. It is now postponed until the 4th of September.

kanundrum
26th August 2011, 10:20 AM
Any news on the autox if thats still going on Saturday morning?

saab&willis
26th August 2011, 10:39 AM
Any news on the autox if thats still going on Saturday morning?

Was the AutoX separate from SCD.....or are you talking about the SCD Scavenger Hunt Rally? SHR will be scheduled to Sept. 3.

kanundrum
26th August 2011, 10:40 AM
Was the AutoX separate from SCD.....or are you talking about the SCD Scavenger Hunt Rally? SHR will be scheduled to Sept. 3.

I thought it wasn't maybe it was in conjunction too

Adrian92
29th August 2011, 11:14 PM
I am beyond pumped for SCD! Hopefully the weather is beautiful like it was today and like it will be the rest of the week!
T-almost 5 days!!!

kanundrum
30th August 2011, 06:43 AM
Same here! Driving up Saturday morning to make it for the 5pm Event at CRS. After anyone have a good car wash place in the area near the musuem or somewhere inbetween burlington (my hotel) and the musuem.

SaabMick
30th August 2011, 01:46 PM
Is everybody registering their cars or just going as spectators and having a mini show in the parking lot?

kanundrum
30th August 2011, 01:47 PM
I am registering my car I think a lot of people are.

airsaab7
30th August 2011, 01:57 PM
Registered the 93 Vert ;ol;. Weather looks decent so far. Anyone doing a convoy from Westchester area of NY, CT from 84?

Cark
30th August 2011, 03:02 PM
I think (hope) most everyone will be registering. It's not about having the nicest or most highly modified SAAB, it's just about having cars on the field. The more the merrier. And at only $20 for you and a passanger it's well worth it and the $ goes to a good cause, plus it gets you admission to an awesome museum that always has great exhibits.

pugsaabaero
30th August 2011, 05:33 PM
Registered!

Adrian92
30th August 2011, 09:06 PM
Registered!

Yes! More Saab's going. I think that we should have a format for a sheet that has the SaabCentral logo, etc, a normal 8x11 piece of paper and tape it on the inside or outside of our windows so that we know who's Saab is who's incase someone takes pictures, or anything just happens. Maybe get a big SC photo at the end. That would look epic :D
Just seen it with other car clubs here in CT and figured I'd toss the idea up and see what the public says.

Adrian92
31st August 2011, 05:37 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Brookline+MA+USMA0058

Please no rain!Please no rain!Please no rain!Please no rain!

Cark
31st August 2011, 08:25 PM
sounds like maybe some scattered t storms, usually don't pop up until 3 or 4 at the earliest (fingers crossed)

shipjumper
1st September 2011, 01:18 PM
hmmm, wonder what im doing this weekend!

pugsaabaero
1st September 2011, 01:43 PM
Photo idea is a good one.

Adrian92
3rd September 2011, 05:47 AM
Well I'm off the internet until Sunday because I'm staying at a friends house in Mass tomorrow night for SCD. If you see my car give me a holler!!! And we can later see about the picture idea!
Here's my car:
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/200533_10150122443509230_765449229_6740124_961808_ n.jpg

kanundrum
4th September 2011, 10:48 PM
Nice meeting all of you, glad to put names with faces.

Adrian92
4th September 2011, 10:56 PM
I agree with kanundrum, especially seeing your car in person. Definitely a beautiful piece of work and you deserved to win best SS! I have some pictures of your car on my Facebook.
And anyone that wants to see some pictures that I took, just add me on Facebook : Adrian Majewski

kanundrum
4th September 2011, 10:59 PM
Sweet thanks! Yeapo I will be posting pics on my google account soon as well!

Saabman900
5th September 2011, 07:14 AM
Yeah man and same here. Your TX is sick and congrats again on winning the award.

kanundrum
7th September 2011, 10:11 AM
More pics!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=118236572556158766060&target=ALBUM&id=5649617051449275793&authkey=Gv1sRgCL-4mLW2tJzePA&feat=email

pugsaabaero
7th September 2011, 02:34 PM
kanundrum your car is pretty damn sick in person!! ;ol; i was in and out of there quickly so sorry if i missed any of you guys :cry:

kanundrum
7th September 2011, 02:35 PM
Nice meeting you man I forgot if it was you or someone else who wanted to hear the exhaust but I did end up revving it a little on my way out (had some requests but tried not to be a douchebag) :lol:

pugsaabaero
7th September 2011, 02:44 PM
ya it was me :cheesy:... unfortunatly i had to take off before the end freakin bummer! i know people were giving you slack on those exhaust tips but in person it's much different looks nice ;ol;. so you have a custom 3 inch setup? so you tuned to bypass check engine or you put spacers in the dp for the o2 sensor?

kanundrum
7th September 2011, 02:48 PM
Correct 3 Inch Setup using vtuner for the bypass since I wasn't sure if spacers in the DP would work.

pugsaabaero
7th September 2011, 02:54 PM
sweet! well it was good to meet you man keep up the good work and hopefully we can all gather again one of these days.

kanundrum
7th September 2011, 02:54 PM
Deff You too!