| Front bumper
1. Raise the car.
2. Remove both spoiler skirts.
3. Detach the wing liners from the rear of the bumpers.
4. Lower the car to the floor.
5. Open the bonnet.
6. Remove the grille.
7. Lift the headlamp wiper arms away from the headlamps and disconnect the washer hose which is secured to the bumper by means of clips.
8. Remove the right-hand and left-hand headlamps and light clusters.
9. Remove the two bolts securing the bumper to the car body.
10. Snip through the cable ties round the cables for the fog lights and unplug their connectors.
11. Unplug the temperature sensor connector located in the middle of the bumper.
The sensor cable is held in place on the inside of the bumper by means of insulating tape.
12. Lift the bumper away by pulling it forwards so that it comes free from the brackets in wing and front.
When fitting a replacement bumper, transfer the spoiler and number plate as well as the spoiler skirts to the new bumper (secured by means of two retaining bolts).
1. Fit the bumper in place and tighten the two retaining bolts.
Tightening torque: 39 Nm (29 lbf ft)
2. Plug in the temperature sensor connector.
3. Fasten the temperature sensor cable to the inside of the bumper by means of insulating tape.
4. Fit the headlamp washer hose to the bumper and secure it with clips.
5. Fit the right-hand and left-hand headlamps and light clusters.
6. Fit the grille.
7. Swing the headlamp wiper arms back into position on the headlamps.
8. Raise the car.
9. Carefully bend the wing liners back inside the edge of the bumper.
10. Fit the spoiler skirts.
11. Lower the car to the floor.
12. Close the bonnet and check the fit of the bumper.
13. Check headlamp alignment and adjust if necessary.
Please note: This is an enthusiast's web site and is not in any way affiliated with Saab Automobile. All information is presented in good faith. However, I am not a trained mechanic, just an enthusiast. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are competent to carry out any procedures presented here and that they are correct. No responsibility can be accepted for any inaccuracies or consequential loss, injury or damage. Copyright © 2004 - 2005 Munki
Site kindly hosted by