XM ProFit bezel now available to the public from ProFit!!!! - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 6th March 2007

Join Date: Mar 2006                                                
My Saabs: 05 9-3t linear
Thumbs up XM ProFit bezel now available to the public from ProFit!!!!

Just got off the phone with Kari from ProFit (http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/). They are now selling the XM Commander ProFit mounting Bezels for 9-3 and 9-5's direct to the public. I just ordered one for $38.95 plus shipping.

Previously the bezel was only available from Saab dealers in the US for something like $299 with the XM unit. The bezel was not available in Canada and most other countries. You can get an XM Commander unit on Ebay for often less than $100.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6th March 2007

Join Date: Aug 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3

I just emailed them to see if I could order one.
Old 7th March 2007

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: '07 9 2.0T SC

Anyone have a pic of the bezel?
Old 7th March 2007
SaabNut!

Join Date: Sep 2004                                                
My Saabs: 2004 93 ARC

see its this one
Miles to Date: 178,000 ish No major problems, Replaced My 1st set of breaks @ 130,000, they lasted for ever. Door handels are now grey, badges are chipped, rubber inside is pealing bad and im on my 4th windshield. Only real problem was a new gas cap and wheel bearing and ac blower. Also dealer replaced broken front springs. SWEET!!!
Old 7th March 2007
SaabNut!

Join Date: Aug 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2004 9 Arc

This is fantastic! How do I order one? Do I have to call Pro-Fit directly? They are actually located locally for me, I'll even go there in person!
Old 7th March 2007
SaabNut!

Join Date: Nov 2006                                                
My Saabs: '06 9-3 SC 2.0T

Cool !! I want one too
Old 7th March 2007
SaabNut!

Join Date: Jan 2007                                                
My Saabs: 9-3 1.8i >2003<

sorry if this is a silly question....but i think i didnt get the whole picture.....

can i order a ''casing'' like this for ANY aftermarket audio panel?
Old 7th March 2007
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jan 2006                                                
My Saabs: '03 9-3SS Vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekfragma
sorry if this is a silly question....but i think i didnt get the whole picture.....

can i order a ''casing'' like this for ANY aftermarket audio panel?
No just that one. The XM Commander.
This was historically a dealer fit option in the US for about $400 with the XM unit. I guess they have a pile of the plastic bits left to ship.

Though that and a hot melt trim could be a good start to making in a panel up for other units.
Old 8th March 2007
SaabNut!

Join Date: Jan 2007                                                
My Saabs: 9-3 1.8i >2003<

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman
No just that one. The XM Commander.
This was historically a dealer fit option in the US for about $400 with the XM unit. I guess they have a pile of the plastic bits left to ship.

Though that and a hot melt trim could be a good start to making in a panel up for other units.

thnx for the heads up.

i was thinking of doing a custom plastic casing at a friend who installs aftermarket audio setups if the cost difference was too big.
i know i have promised to post many pics from my audio setup too......but too much work keeps me behind from the photo update i wanna post here.

i hope i ll update as soon as possible.

thnx again for the info
Old 8th March 2007
SaabNut!

killerniceguy, I just want to say thanks for sharing your find with us. I just ordered the part. Call Pro-Fit Intl. (1-800-388-0073) and ask for the Saab 9-3 XM Bezel and they will know what you are talking about. $38 for the part and about $12 for UPS Ground shipping. I found a bunch of XM Commanders on eBay for a very affordable price as well, even new-in-box.

My question is - what all does Saab's XM kit for the 9-3 come with, other than the standard XM Commander kit and the 9-3 dashboard bezel? I'm assuming that I also need to buy Saab's AUX-IN kit and have the option activated in TechII by a dealer. I am going to buy an XM Commander, and call me crazy, but I might take apart the control head and replace the blue backlight LED's with green ones for the sake of looking like the rest of my Saab dash panel I've seen it done on a Nokia cellphone before, this may be a similar job.

Although I think I can install this thing on my own, for the sake of not upsetting the warranty gods, I think I will have a dealer install the thing. If it costs me a couple hundred dollars or so to ensure that I will be spared the Swedish fist of warranty issues down the road, it is money well spent. But, it saves me the cost of buying a $300 kit from Saab, so every bit helps.
Old 27th March 2007
SaabNut!

OK so now I got the bezel and the XM Commander. How on earth do I get this controller to fit into the bezel? It is really tight and I don't want to break the thing, so if anyone has any words of wisdom, I'm all ears.
Old 27th March 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidradio
OK so now I got the bezel and the XM Commander. How on earth do I get this controller to fit into the bezel? It is really tight and I don't want to break the thing, so if anyone has any words of wisdom, I'm all ears.
Yeah, I ordered mine and had the same issue. I just ended up squeazing it in with all my might......probably not a good idea but it worked.
Old 27th March 2007
SaabNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt's06
Yeah, I ordered mine and had the same issue. I just ended up squeazing it in with all my might......probably not a good idea but it worked.
Well I already managed to break part of the bezel. I broke off one of those two tabs which holds the controller in somehow. Oh well. Maybe I'll superglue it. Maybe I'll find some crazy adhesive to hold it in place.

Also, does anyone know where you can buy a power connector for the XM Commander? I bought this one used and it does not come with a power cable. I can't find the thing anywhere either.

Last edited by Acidradio; 27th March 2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 28th March 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidradio
Well I already managed to break part of the bezel. I broke off one of those two tabs which holds the controller in somehow. Oh well. Maybe I'll superglue it. Maybe I'll find some crazy adhesive to hold it in place.

Also, does anyone know where you can buy a power connector for the XM Commander? I bought this one used and it does not come with a power cable. I can't find the thing anywhere either.
Yeah, I broke one of the tabs too, and the paint on the part seems cheap to me. Anyhow, I wedged a piece of 3M mounting tape where the tab would be and that worked perfectly. I doubt you need to get a harness, you can probably just make your own, as it is only a 3 wire connection. Get some connectors that will slide onto the pins in module and attach your wires. Should work fine.
Matt
Old 5th April 2007

Join Date: Apr 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-7x 5.3i and 2006 9-3SC Aero

FYI... During my 3500 mile service I asked for a quote to have XM installed at the dealership. To my surprise, parts and labor, $750.00. Needless to say, I will be working on ordering it and installing it myself.
Old 5th April 2007
SaabNut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt's06
Yeah, I broke one of the tabs too, and the paint on the part seems cheap to me. Anyhow, I wedged a piece of 3M mounting tape where the tab would be and that worked perfectly. I doubt you need to get a harness, you can probably just make your own, as it is only a 3 wire connection. Get some connectors that will slide onto the pins in module and attach your wires. Should work fine.
Matt
Can you tell me which wires go where on the power plug? If I know where to put them, then I think I can handle it.
Old 6th April 2007

Join Date: Jul 2004                                                

GREAT. I know this NOW. AFTER THIS.
Old 10th April 2007
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: '09 9-3 SS Aero XWD

Somewhat related question here.

I've got a new 06' SC and want to use my XM Commander I tore out of my 03' last week. How does the MP3 jack and Aux-in tie together? IOW, is this identical to my 03'? Just use the factory aux-in cable going to the jack in the armrest? Or is there an additional output so I can use an MP3 player AND xm? Thanks.
Carbon Gray, Black Premium Leather, VTuned, 30% tint.
Old 10th April 2007

Join Date: Apr 2007                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 slighlty modified

Some more pics

{I only pretend to know what I am talking about}
Old 10th April 2007

Join Date: Sep 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2006 2.0T Sport Sedan

I installed one of these a few months ago. I ran the cable inside the center console and out the coin holder. If I remember right I cut one of the lower corners off the coin holder. Then I threaded the cable into the storage compartment. Now I can unplug the XM Commander and plug in an MP3 player if I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicflash
Somewhat related question here.

I've got a new 06' SC and want to use my XM Commander I tore out of my 03' last week. How does the MP3 jack and Aux-in tie together? IOW, is this identical to my 03'? Just use the factory aux-in cable going to the jack in the armrest? Or is there an additional output so I can use an MP3 player AND xm? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement