Guess which driver is about to be banned - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > The Lounge

The Lounge For general discussions

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 9th February 2007

Join Date: May 2006                                                
My Saabs: 93 Linear 1.8t CV, Nocturne Blue, Auto
Default Guess which driver is about to be banned

This is really irks me because we are penalised we are law-abiding.
Guess which driver is about to be banned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 9th February 2007
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Dec 2004                                                
My Saabs: 02 9-5 | 06 9-7x | 04 9-3 no more =(

Let me guess; the shady looking character in the hoody
Old 9th February 2007
Saab Sage!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas8888
This is really irks me because we are penalised we are law-abiding.
Guess which driver is about to be banned
I dont understand.............if no laws are broken how are you penalised?

If you are saying "life's not fair" ......"we get different treatment".......well get used to it, thats the way it is sadly
I decline to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information I submit to any public areas....
Old 9th February 2007
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Mar 2006                                                
My Saabs: '09 Forester XT

"Law-abiding drivers are being penalised for minor speeding offences"

Does that statement make sense to anyone?

Lol they arnt very law abiding if they are speeding haha
Old 9th February 2007
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Feb 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2001 9-5 Aero 5spd

Yeah, I don't mean to gang up on you, but the very simple answer is don't speed. Even Jeremy Clarkson some how manages to not get any points.
Old 9th February 2007
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: 87&88S,88T,91TVert, 90 Talladega Red SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by boon94
"Law-abiding drivers are being penalised for minor speeding offences"

Does that statement make sense to anyone?

Lol they arnt very law abiding if they are speeding haha
A bit of an oxymoron isn't it?

However I get the gest of it. The system is getting to the point where it is almost impossible for the average person who is willing to obay the system to obay the system, because the man is cracking down on them harder and harder to catch violaters in an attempt to make more $$ while totally ignoring the criminal element who is intentionally breaking the law and causing widespread havic and harm by speeding, getting into accidents, and not having insurance.

What you chaps need is a good tea party to settle this all out.
Old 9th February 2007
Saab on the Brain!

How is it in other countries or in other parts of america? In maine your basically allowed to go a maximum of 10 over before a ticket is even considered, unless its snowing, or your in a school zone. Under normal conditions, a ticket of a speeding offence of less than 10 MPH over is going to get ripped up when contested.

Sounds like over in the UK things are getting rediculas?
Old 9th February 2007
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Oct 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 Aero

They should round up all those criminals and send them to australia where they can do no harm.
Old 9th February 2007
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2003                                                
My Saabs: 9000 Aero

I like this paragraph

“We’re getting better at catching law-abiding drivers,” said Andrew Howard of the AA, “and less so at watching the non-law-abiding ones.”

Why would anyone want to catch law-abiding drivers?!

David.
Old 9th February 2007
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: 87&88S,88T,91TVert, 90 Talladega Red SPG

Quote:
How is it in other countries or in other parts of america? In maine your basically allowed to go a maximum of 10 over before a ticket is even considered, unless its snowing, or your in a school zone. Under normal conditions, a ticket of a speeding offence of less than 10 MPH over is going to get ripped up when contested.

Sounds like over in the UK things are getting rediculas?
Around here it depends. Out on some of the highways with 75mph limits they say no tolerance but I rarely see anyone get pulled over and I wouldn't know how fast they were going if they did.

On the highways with 65-70 mph limits you seem to have about 10 to play with, I usually go 70-75 and have never been pulled over on the highway.

In the city 5 over is about all you can reasonibly expect to be let off with, most people do at least 10+ over and just fight the odds of being randomly picked off. And get really peaved when you get in their way. If you are an adult who is driving responsibly and maintaining safe distances and signalling and whatnot you are probably going to be fine up til 10 over, for instance 50-55 in a 45 is average.

If you are younger and driving a fast/suped/riced/modded/etc car and are going faster than everybody else and weaving and tailgating, then say adios my friend and quit honestly those people need to be taken off the road and given a little life experiance to help temper their driving habits.

Mostly around here they are pretty good about not just handing out tickets unless you really deserve it.

I was on one of our bridges the other day, a bad place for speeders and accidents, and these three hispanics came buzzing along in convoy weaving past everybody at probably 10-15 over the limit. Everybody speeds on that bridge because they think there is no where for the police to sit. Anyhow, these kids were buzzing along in their modded ricer vehicles and when they passed me I notice my friend Ms Police officer pacing along right behind them, they evidentually thought they were safe on the bridge and didnt' even bother to check their rear view mirror. lol She introduced herself to them at the end of the bridge. They were really asking for it though and I think she saw something on one of the cars, she's quite good about spotting expired tags and whatnot. She was once nice enough to inform me of an oversight I made in renewing my tags.
Old 9th February 2007
Saabista

Join Date: Dec 2002                                                
My Saabs: 1989 900t, 1990 900t, 1990 900 S, 87 SPG

Just another reason why the 1984 exists in the UK
Turbo allows the valiant who has appeared at the wheel SAAB to gain momentum for 200 km/h Charm SAAB Turbo also that it to you not bad Porsche on it it is possible with speed of pregnant turtle feeling itself in full comfort which by the way our hero obeys a rudder reliably and confidently the truth management hardly will twirl a steering wheel by one finger uneasy. Without the hydraulic booster quickly enough perishes a steering shaft, but to change its hemorrhoids from the most fierce
Old 9th February 2007
Saab Crazy

My Saabs: 1986 9000 Turbo, 2004 9-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt88S
A bit of an oxymoron isn't it?

However I get the gest of it. The system is getting to the point where it is almost impossible for the average person who is willing to obay the system to obay the system, because the man is cracking down on them harder and harder to catch violaters in an attempt to make more $$ while totally ignoring the criminal element who is intentionally breaking the law and causing widespread havic and harm by speeding, getting into accidents, and not having insurance.

What you chaps need is a good tea party to settle this all out.
What its saying by "law-abiding" is ones that hold a valid drivers liscense and register there car, as oppsed to the ones that do not have insurance, do not register their car. In that sense law-abiding.

And I think its ridiculous to have speed cameras. The speed limits are set way too low (been in the newspapers, not just me wanting to go fast).
We've had these speed limits since the days of the horse drawn carrige. Nobody goes the speed limit on the hiwayy, literally.

There was a good video of 4 friends going together on the highway (1 in each lane) and doing the speed limit. They filmed it from bridges and stuff, and it was really crazy, there was a HUGE traffic jam and people were going around them on the shoulder.
Old 9th February 2007
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Sep 2006                                                
My Saabs: 1991 9000 Turbo 5DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si|ver Bu||et
And I think its ridiculous to have speed cameras. The speed limits are set way too low (been in the newspapers, not just me wanting to go fast).
We've had these speed limits since the days of the horse drawn carrige. Nobody goes the speed limit on the hiwayy, literally.

There was a good video of 4 friends going together on the highway (1 in each lane) and doing the speed limit. They filmed it from bridges and stuff, and it was really crazy, there was a HUGE traffic jam and people were going around them on the shoulder.
Man, how I wish we had that problem here! The longer I live in my area, the more it seems that traffic jams (outside peak hours) and slowdowns are the result of people simply not going the speed limit. Even on wide open roads, people are just lollygagging and plodding along like there aren't thousands of cars behind them wanting to actually go the speed limit. On virtually every main road, there are people going 5, 10, even 15 MPH below the speed limit, seemingly oblivious to everything around them. I don't know if it's cell phones, people who never learned how to drive properly or what... Of course, there are also people who go 5, 10, and 15+ MPH over the limit - but they are far less in number, and can't usually get away with it due to traffic. Nobody goes AT the speed limit though. I don't get it.
Old 9th February 2007
Saab on the Brain!

well the speed limit is set at say 35, you should be limited to the speed of 35 (or a lil above ). If i was a cop i would go around arresting old people that drive under for obstructing traffic
Old 9th February 2007
Saab Crazy

My Saabs: 1986 9000 Turbo, 2004 9-3

yea exactly, slower is not always safer.

it is safer to be going 120, say, then going 70 or 80 on a 100 speed limit highway. more than likely somebody will rear end that person who is "cautious" but actually scared and should never have gottent their ****ing driver's liscense
Old 9th February 2007
Saabista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si|ver Bu||et
yea exactly, slower is not always safer.

it is safer to be going 120, say, then going 70 or 80 on a 100 speed limit highway. more than likely somebody will rear end that person who is "cautious" but actually scared and should never have gottent their ****ing driver's liscense
The 85th thru 95th percentile speeds are generally the safest. So you should either be passing or holding with 85 % of the other cars.
Turbo allows the valiant who has appeared at the wheel SAAB to gain momentum for 200 km/h Charm SAAB Turbo also that it to you not bad Porsche on it it is possible with speed of pregnant turtle feeling itself in full comfort which by the way our hero obeys a rudder reliably and confidently the truth management hardly will twirl a steering wheel by one finger uneasy. Without the hydraulic booster quickly enough perishes a steering shaft, but to change its hemorrhoids from the most fierce
Old 9th February 2007
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Sep 2002                                                
My Saabs: 1984 T8

Sometimes I can't believe the speeds I get passed at on the 401. All it takes is one rabbit to push the envelope and it turns into a super sonic rampage.
Old 9th February 2007
Saabista

Mmm supersonic rampage

TBH I tend to drive fairly conserveratively but, well, you know, open road open throttle
Old 9th February 2007
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Sep 2003                                                
My Saabs: LPG '80 99GL, '80 99T 2dr, LPG '93 ng900

Quote:
well the speed limit is set at say 35, you should be limited to the speed of 35 (or a lil above ). If i was a cop i would go around arresting old people that drive under for obstructing traffic
I think most of us in the UK would have less of a problem with the speeding issue if it were actually a cop in person who pulled us over and gave us a ticket because there is some room for discretion in there. Its all automated though. If you havent even driven here you have no idea how nasty it is trying to look out for every single speed limit and all the (often hidden) cameras, or the feeling of getting unknown envelopes in the mail just incase they are speeding tickets.

I also hve frequently been pulled over for having no tax on various cars (either because the disc has fell off or because it hadnt got through the system).
I dont know how so many people get away with tax and insurance without getting stopped! (or do they just get stopped, and never pay the fines as it is cheaper than insurance and tax?)
Old 9th February 2007
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Sep 2002                                                
My Saabs: 1984 T8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900t
Mmm supersonic rampage

TBH I tend to drive fairly conserveratively but, well, you know, open road open throttle
I tend to take it easy on the straights and wind it out throught the corners. Drives the rice boys mad! I just keep passing them in the corners and letting them by on the straights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement