Can I program the locks? - SaabCentral Forums
*
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum


Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-5 Mk.I, 1998-2009 > 9-5 Workshop

9-5 Workshop 9-5 Workshop (1997 to 2010) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 31st January 2007
everyshadeofblue everyshadeofblue is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007                                                
Location: Tampa, FL
My Saabs: 2004 9-5 Aero
Posts: 24
Default Can I program the locks?

Hello! New 2004 9-5 Aero owner. Giving up my 2000 Cadillac Catera Sport (aka Vauxhall or Opel Omega) with a 3.0 V6 (heard of those..hehe). Car is similar to the 9-5 in many ways and they share some parts but the driving experience is quite different! I miss things about the Caddy but am happy with the Saab.

Anyway, I have a question about the locks. Is there a way to program the locks so that the doors lock when I put the car in reverse and then unlock (either the driver's door or all 4 doors) when I put the car back in park? My caddy did that and I got used to it.

Thanks!
Jeff
Tampa, FL - not many of these cars here!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 31st January 2007
SectorNine50's Avatar
SectorNine50 SectorNine50 is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005                                                
Location: Oregon, USA
My Saabs: 2000 9-5 Aero 5-Speed
Posts: 4,845
Default

I believe that is actually a Tech-II option. A Tech-II is basically a little computer that the dealer or someone who payed the money for one can plug into your car to change almost any setting on it. I'm not sure about that setting though, but I'm sure if you asked your local SAAB dealer (make sure they are saab specific, and not a general mechanic shop, it will save you heartache in the future.) if that is changeable. I imagine it is.

Congrats on the new car, and welcome to Saab Central!

P.S. You have to post pictures of your car, forum rule...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 31st January 2007
everyshadeofblue everyshadeofblue is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007                                                
Location: Tampa, FL
My Saabs: 2004 9-5 Aero
Posts: 24
Default

Thanks! I don't have pics yet but will when I get a spoiler installed and the windows tinted. For now, take a look at by 2000 Vauxhall Omega... I took a Cadillac Catera and rebadged the whole thing! Great results and it fools everyone...like driving an exotic lol: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/use...deofBlue|12674

Jeff


Quote:
Originally Posted by SectorNine50
I believe that is actually a Tech-II option. A Tech-II is basically a little computer that the dealer or someone who payed the money for one can plug into your car to change almost any setting on it. I'm not sure about that setting though, but I'm sure if you asked your local SAAB dealer (make sure they are saab specific, and not a general mechanic shop, it will save you heartache in the future.) if that is changeable. I imagine it is.

Congrats on the new car, and welcome to Saab Central!

P.S. You have to post pictures of your car, forum rule...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 31st January 2007
jlthunder
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyshadeofblue
Thanks! I don't have pics yet but will when I get a spoiler installed and the windows tinted. For now, take a look at by 2000 Vauxhall Omega... I took a Cadillac Catera and rebadged the whole thing! Great results and it fools everyone...like driving an exotic lol: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/use...deofBlue|12674

Jeff
Nice Pics. There is a coverted Opel Omega running around the U.S. They did the same thing to the Cadillac and rebadged it. How do I know, I also own an Opel('72 GT)

Congrats on the Saab and Welcome. Oh yeah, back on topic, you can have the doors lock using the Tech II programing.

Jeff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 1st February 2007
Kermit's Avatar
Kermit Kermit is offline
Saabista
 
Join Date: Sep 2004                                                
Location: London UK
My Saabs: 04 9-5 Vector 2.2Tid
Posts: 11,017
Default

NO it can't be programmed via Tech II. You can have just the drivers door unlock on the 1st press of the key, all doors unlock on 2nd. Or you can have the rolling lock programmed where all doors lock automatically at 8-10mph, they will only unlock upon removal of the ignition key or if manually unlocked using the button next to the gearshift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 1st February 2007
jlthunder
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit
Or you can have the rolling lock programmed where all doors lock automatically at 8-10mph, they will only unlock upon removal of the ignition key or if manually unlocked using the button next to the gearshift.
Thanks for clearing that up. I knew there were some things you can do with the locks, but I couldn't remember the details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 1st February 2007
Rumpus's Avatar
Rumpus Rumpus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005                                                
Location: New Zealand
My Saabs: 1998 9-5 2.0t
Posts: 157
Default

This link might help

http://steve.rothskeller.net/saab_options.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SaabCentral Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

top of page | sitemap | email us



copyright © 2003 - 2011 saabcentral.com, All rights reserved http://www.whiter.co.uk - valid xhtml - valid css
SaabCentral is an independently run website and is not affiliated in any way to Saab Automobile AB.


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.