Ford - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > The Lounge

The Lounge For general discussions

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 31st December 2006
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Mar 2006                                                
My Saabs: '09 Forester XT
Default Ford

i wish saab was bought by ford instead. Maybe make the new SUV on the same platform as the Mazda CX-7

Yes the CX-7, It's an SUV with a 244 HP 2.3L turbo charged engine....

.. i mean, ford is doing pretty well with land rover aye?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31st December 2006
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Feb 2006                                                
My Saabs: I don't own any saabs. YET!

Eh. I'm glad GM bought Saab. Maybe, eventually, they can teach GM a few thigns about how to build a car. Or maybe both brands will cease to exist.
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.”
Old 31st December 2006
Saabista

Join Date: Dec 2002                                                
My Saabs: 1989 900t, 1990 900t, 1990 900 S, 87 SPG

Ford? Are you nuts?

Keep in mind, Mazda is only 33,6% Ford!
Turbo allows the valiant who has appeared at the wheel SAAB to gain momentum for 200 km/h Charm SAAB Turbo also that it to you not bad Porsche on it it is possible with speed of pregnant turtle feeling itself in full comfort which by the way our hero obeys a rudder reliably and confidently the truth management hardly will twirl a steering wheel by one finger uneasy. Without the hydraulic booster quickly enough perishes a steering shaft, but to change its hemorrhoids from the most fierce
Old 31st December 2006
Saabista

Join Date: Dec 2003                                                
My Saabs: Tuned NG900, stock 99 9-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boon94
.. i mean, ford is doing pretty well with land rover aye?
Uh, no....

Land Rover is doing pretty well despite itself, but that still isn't helping Ford. Jaguar, aka the Volvos with a Bond Street makeover, is still gasping for air....
Old 31st December 2006

Join Date: Jan 2003                                                
My Saabs: 9000 2.3 stg3, 9-5 waggon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders
Uh, no....

Land Rover is doing pretty well despite itself, but that still isn't helping Ford. Jaguar, aka the Volvos with a Bond Street makeover, is still gasping for air....
Depends on the platform as to which 'brand' actually had the lead in design.

It may be worth noting that Volvo are utilised by by ford as a centre of global excellence for safety and the Euro leader in electrical; OK, so when you buy any euro Ford or PAG vehicle what is the biggest headache? yup, electrics.

For the record Land Rover is still not doing well enough, sadly Jaguar has fine product at last but with a much reduced market, hence struggling and Volvo is on the slides. Ford Europe is doing OK so-far, it's the US bit that's in the mire.

As for Ford making a good Saab owner? Possibly yes, Ford have a better understanding of the importance of something's roots, heritage and perhaps a sense of direction based on a forward plan anchored to a point in the past; perhaps this is due to Ford being an old school family business still to a small extent - GM has been, since the days of Sloan, a conglomerate. Now GM know how to work multi brands well, Ford does not, so Saab would loose more of its Saabness with Ford and yet ironically would have more autonomy in other respects.
1997 Fiat Punto 1.25 85hp
Old 1st January 2007
Saab Sage!

Join Date: Jun 2003                                                
My Saabs: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtopcav
GM has been, since the days of Sloan, a conglomerate.
Ah, Sloan........those days huh
I decline to grant to SAABCENTRAL.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information I submit to any public areas....
Old 1st January 2007
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 Aero

I prefer Gm but Ford just announced a deal with Microsoft for integration into their cars - blue tooth - Ipod - video and other features - GM needs to be doing that or similar and ditching On Star - seems that if you have a platform that provides a variety of choices and services that can be chosen by the purchaser and then get license fees from the service providers would be more appealing and profitable than limiting a consumers choice to one provider like On Star.
Old 1st January 2007

Join Date: Aug 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2002 93 Viggen

All I can say is, if it were chrysler that bought them, we'd all be dead, even those with the older saabs.
Old 1st January 2007

Join Date: Apr 2006                                                
My Saabs: 1995 900s, 1988 saab 900 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTMAR
I prefer Gm but Ford just announced a deal with Microsoft for integration into their cars - blue tooth - Ipod - video and other features
Im confused on how Micro$oft can offer Ipod support to Ford when Ipod is owned by apple??
Old 1st January 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordThor
Im confused on how Micro$oft can offer Ipod support to Ford when Ipod is owned by apple??
A swift catch by the God of Thunder.
Old 1st January 2007
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jan 2006                                                
My Saabs: 1999 9-3 convertible

With apologies to the sensibilities of Apple fans, Bill Gates owns Apple, too. Apple has its virtues, as does Saab, but they were headed for oblivion as a relatively small player in the corporate world, again just like Saab. GM might not be perfect for Saab, but there was not much of a plan B. Ditto Microsoft and Apple.
Old 1st January 2007
SaabNut!

Join Date: Nov 2006                                                
My Saabs: 1996 900 SE Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordThor
I doubt they would offer that but i am sure they will offer Zune support. They can license an iPod connection but i highly doubt they would do that, again look for Zune support not Ipod.

Apple is not owned by Microsoft, they are direct competitors. Although Microsoft did buy some apple stock during the restructure (just before the ipods) they do not own 51% or anything even close.

I can't wait to hear the first story of the Ford car that wont start due to a blue screen of death.
Old 1st January 2007
Saabista

GM cars already have ipod integration...
Turbo allows the valiant who has appeared at the wheel SAAB to gain momentum for 200 km/h Charm SAAB Turbo also that it to you not bad Porsche on it it is possible with speed of pregnant turtle feeling itself in full comfort which by the way our hero obeys a rudder reliably and confidently the truth management hardly will twirl a steering wheel by one finger uneasy. Without the hydraulic booster quickly enough perishes a steering shaft, but to change its hemorrhoids from the most fierce
Old 1st January 2007

Join Date: Apr 2006                                                
My Saabs: 1995 900s, 1988 saab 900 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaSaab
I doubt they would offer that but i am sure they will offer Zune support. They can license an iPod connection but i highly doubt they would do that, again look for Zune support not Ipod.

Apple is not owned by Microsoft, they are direct competitors. Although Microsoft did buy some apple stock during the restructure (just before the ipods) they do not own 51% or anything even close.
Yeah I know that, ANTMAR said that ford liscensed micro$oft to put ipod hookups in their car and I was pointing out that ipod was owned by apple and that i didnt see how that was going to fly.
Old 1st January 2007

Dabrig - Just for corrections sake (no offence intended), Steve Jobs owns Apple.
Old 1st January 2007
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jan 2006                                                
My Saabs: 1999 9-3 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango
Dabrig - Just for corrections sake (no offence intended), Steve Jobs owns Apple.
None taken, since you are correct. I was making an overly simplistic (and somewhat smart-alecky) comparison to a somewhat similar situation. Apple products began using Intel processors, in part because it was not cost-effective to compete with Intel on parts that the consumer doesn't "see." Similarly, Saab was able to stay alive in the old days with a small but dedicated following, but would be unable to continue to survive given the amount of research and development funding required for all of today's government-required (and now consumer-expected) safety and emissions gear. Saab, in trying to be independent, is now owned by the largest carmaker in the world. They still have some degree of autonomy, but a lot of the "innards" are shared with other GM vehicles. Apple is in the a similar boat with Intel. That's all.
Old 1st January 2007
Saab on the Brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaSaab

I can't wait to hear the first story of the Ford car that wont start due to a blue screen of death.
Theres going to be a Ctrl Alt Delete button installed on the dash
Old 1st January 2007

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: '06 9³ 2.0T SportCombi, BCB Stg 2
Garage

Gee, I saw the title of this thread and thought it was about something way more exciting, like the commemoration of President Ford's career.

SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA on FACEBOOK
Old 1st January 2007
Saabista

Quote:
Originally Posted by boon94
Theres going to be a Ctrl Alt Delete button installed on the dash
No you'll have Ctrl, Alt, Del separate. Alt is on the steering wheel, Ctrl is in the glovebox, and Del is in the trunk!
Old 1st January 2007
Saab on the Brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900t
No you'll have Ctrl, Alt, Del separate. Alt is on the steering wheel, Ctrl is in the glovebox, and Del is in the trunk!
haha, yea i guess that sounds a bit more like microsoft, wait till your car starts getting virus'.. Its temperature will go up, it'll start vommiting oil and antifreeze everywhere, and lets not think about its diarrhea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement