Stereo Question - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9000 > 9000 Workshop

9000 Workshop 9000 (1985-1998) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 3rd November 2006

Join Date: Sep 2006                                                
My Saabs: 93 9000 Aero
Default Stereo Question

Alright...I'm about to change out the OEM Clarion head unit w/ EQ for an aftermarket one.

Besides the wiring harness, is there anything else I need? Like removing the stock amp or bypassing it? Or with the harness, just plug and play?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3rd November 2006

Join Date: Oct 2006                                                
My Saabs: 93 Saab 9000 CSE & 97 Saab 9000 CSE
Lightbulb 93 Saab change

I have a 93 9K CSE and just did this last night (or started.) Your front wires will run off a Crutchfield (or whoever) wire harness but you will need to run wire from the head unit down under the passenger seat to connect the rear speakers and bypass the amp. I am putting my own 100W amp in there and just running RCA down under the seat and hooking the rear speakers to the amp. I can send the wire colors = what speaker list if you need it.

Let me know.
Old 3rd November 2006

Join Date: Sep 2006                                                
My Saabs: 93 9000 Aero

That would be great!

v.razr.x@gmail.com

Thanks!
Old 4th November 2006
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Apr 2005                                                
My Saabs: I miss my aero

Have a quick look at
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=84263 at the links on it, also http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=83519 could help a little.

Last edited by prionailurus; 4th November 2006 at 01:26 AM.
Old 4th November 2006

Join Date: Oct 2006                                                
My Saabs: 93 Saab 9000 CSE & 97 Saab 9000 CSE

This should be accurate.

FUNCTIONPINWIRE COLORAccessory 12 Volt4RDConstant 12 Volt1GYChassis Ground7BKPower Antenna8GNRemote Illumination Dimmer10BN/WTFUSE VALUEFUSE LABELFUSEBOX LOCATION15 AMP#27BEHIND GLOVE BOX15 AMP#19BEHIND GLOVE BOXThe connectors shown are plugged into a jumper harness that then connects to the factory radio. The jumper harness is about a foot long, simply unplug the jumper harness and set it aside. *Without rear channel amplifier. If the factory radio has a round 6-pin DIN connector plugged into it, there is an rear channel amplifier in the system. The rear speaker wires will be found at the amplifier (located under the passenger seat) and must be bypassed if an aftermarket receiver is installed. Since there is no bypass connector available, new speaker wires must be run to the amp location and spliced to the speaker output.

Left Front Spkr +13BNLeft Front Spkr -14GNRight Front Spkr +12RDRight Front Spkr -11BULeft Rear Spkr +19*BN/WTLeft Rear Spkr -20*GN/WTRight Rear Spkr +18*RD/WTRight Rear Spkr -17*BU/WT

Rear Amplifier Wiring & Info
Read numbers from pin side of vehicle connector. FUNCTIONPINWIRE COLORChassis Ground1BKLeft Rear - Output2GN/WTRight Rear - Output3BU/WTLeft Rear + Output4BN/WTRight Rear + Output5RD/WTConstant 12 Volt6RD & GY**RD and GY wires both connect to Constant 12 Volt.
The amplifier receives all signal input and remote leads through the DIN cable from the factory radio.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement