30 day service? - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 25th August 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2006                                                
My Saabs: None. ex-owner of an '06 9-3 Aero
Default 30 day service?

I've noticed in a few posts that people are talking about a 30-day service. What is this? The dealership didn't mention it and my owners manual says that the first service will be when the computer says to take it in (mine says 161 days), or 1 year, whichever comes first.

What's the scoop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25th August 2006

Join Date: May 2006                                                
My Saabs: 07 9-3 Aero SC, 06 9-3 Aero, 03 9-3 Arc
Default 2003 vs 2006

When I purchased my '03 9-3, back then there was a 30 day check. In May, I purchased my '06 9-3, and you are correct there is no mention of it. I asked the service center at the dealership and they confirmed that this scheduled checkup is no longer offered. However, there is a 1-45 day Tech II session available.
Old 25th August 2006
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoSAAB
...However, there is a 1-45 day Tech II session available.
Thanks for the reply.

Ok, so does that mean that within 45 days I can take it back to the dealer and have them reprogram a few things to my liking? I'd like to get the DRL's disabled and ROW fogs enabled as mentioned frequently around here. I'd really love to get Comfort Close enabled, though I know that's difficult or impossible (though I have comfort open & pinch sensors, so I don't see what the problem is). Is that what you mean by a 1-45 day Tech II session?
Old 25th August 2006

Join Date: Jun 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Aero Vert - Auto

The Saab salesman only mentioned it to me in passing and SID did not indicate such, but got no I argument from service when I took in after 30 days. Besides, the selection sheet that came w/ the owner's manual said Tech II changes would be free if made within 45 days.
Old 25th August 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserRed9-3Aero
Thanks for the reply.

Ok, so does that mean that within 45 days I can take it back to the dealer and have them reprogram a few things to my liking? I'd like to get the DRL's disabled and ROW fogs enabled as mentioned frequently around here. I'd really love to get Comfort Close enabled, though I know that's difficult or impossible (though I have comfort open & pinch sensors, so I don't see what the problem is). Is that what you mean by a 1-45 day Tech II session?
Didn't you get a check list on a cardboard card of user desired Tech II options (which does NOT include DRLs, ROW, or comfort close)?
Old 25th August 2006
Saab Lunatic

No, I did not. The first time I ever heard of Tech II options was from browsing around the forums here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpom
Didn't you get a check list on a cardboard card of user desired Tech II options (which does NOT include DRLs, ROW, or comfort close)?
Old 25th August 2006

These checklists for free electronic option changes seem to be hit or miss for other cars as well. I'd understood there was such a thing for Volvos, but my wife's XC90 didn't have such a checklist and Volvo service wanted $67 to change the way the remote unlock works when it went in for inital free service after 7500 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement