Did everyone hear about the new PA saab run?
I have talked to some other people from my area, looks like it should be a good turn out! We have some awesome roads planned for this run. anyone who saw the pics or went on the run last years knows what fun it is.
I can't wait. this should be the best run yet.
some photos from the last run..
I'm sorry I'll miss it guys, maybe next summer
Last edited by sethsev7n; 8th August 2006 at 02:29 PM. Reason: posted the same photo twice.. oops
Guess we're out....I have to work Sat. morning and in the evening I have tickets to go see Medeski, Martin, and Wood with Soulive. I may be arranging a drive sometime soon (Sept. perhaps) up just north of NYC (Westchester and Dutchess counties). We'll see.....have fun guys!
I'll miss a chance to exercise the new Aero and the 9-3.
we just did the pre-run, and got together some directions that actyually work. good thing we did the pre run, most of route 32 is still closed, and 78 does not even work anymore in the spot we need it to
this is going to be a really good run!! we will bring printouts for everyone--
3nd Pennsylvania Saab run direction sheet. Note- please turn on headlights on the run. If we have to stop on the roadway for any reason, activate 4 way flashers.
1) Starting point is Route 309 at the Giant foods
2) Go right out of the giant foods on 309 North
3) Go Right onto 378 at the fork in the road
4) Stay on 378
5) Go Right after the 78 underpass onto Seldersville Rd
6) Seldersville Rd becomes Hickory Hill Rd
7) Hickory Hill Rd Friedensville Rd.
8) Stay Right at the fork, road becomes Meadows Rd
9) Go Right onto PA 412 / Main St. / Leitheville Rd
10) Turn Right onto Flint Hill Road (comes up fast)
11) Stay Straight onto Richland town Rd.
12) This road comes up fast- Left onto Peppermint valley Rd (25 mph limit- try to keep under 50...)
13) Stay straight onto Slifer Valley Rd. (this road has several 1 lane bridges and yumps)
14) Go Right onto Knecht Bridge Rd.
15) View Covered bridge
16) Stay Straight at stop sign
17) Becomes Township Line Rd, CAUTION, NEW TAR-Chip road surface
18) Go Right at stop sign onto 212 E
19) Go Right onto Slifer Valey Rd at the bottom of hill.
20)Continue on Sliffer valley Rd.
21) Left at end of Slifer valey Rd. onto PA-412
22) This road comes up very fast- Take the next right onto Lehnburg Rd (use caution on this road tight turns)
23) Follow Lehnburg Rd till route 611
24) Turn Right onto 611
25) Turn Left onto Beaver Rd. at the fork in the road, this is a dangerous maneuver, take your time
26) Turn left onto Marienstein
27) Stay straight on to Bridgeton Rd.
28) Turn right onto PA-32 / River Road
29) Possible BREAK AT PARK FOR PHOTOS
30) Pass the “road closed” signs
31) Go Right at stop sign onto Geigel Rd
32) Keep right at Tettemer Rd
33) Keep Left at the bend
34) Keep on Geigel Rd Left at washed out bridge (dirt road)
35) Keep Left over 1 lane bridge
36) Left onto Headquarters Rd.
37) Keep right on headquarters at the fork
38) Right onto River Rd / PA 32.
39) Go Right at the Detour sign (PA 32 N/S)
40) Left onto 413-S
41) At Stop Light, Go Left onto Point Pleasant Pike
42) Fork Right onto Ferry
43) Potential Photo Spot
44) Right at stop sign onto Fleecydale Rd
45) Right onto Carterville Rd
46) Right onto Piper
47) Left at stop sign onto Ferry Rd
48) Left at stop sign onto Point Pleasant Pike
49) Left at Field - Rattle Test Road
50) Left at stop Sign onto Saw Hill Rd
51) Right at Light onto N. Easton Rd
52) Left into Fred Beans Saab Dealership for Tec-2 service.
looks like this is going to be a good 2.5 hours of run time. traffic should be minimal, and these roads will be awesome.