Aero Body Kit/Spoiler for 93 Linear - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 5th August 2006

Join Date: May 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2005 Saab 9-3 (Steel Grey)
Default Aero Body Kit/Spoiler for 93 Linear

Had my dealer look up the prices for the unpainted Front, Side, and Rear Skirts.

Totaled $665 (before tax)

Can't decided on a Spoiler, but I was leaning towards the Aero style before seeing the prices of the two:

Rear Aero Spoiler $178

Other Rear Spoiler $212

Do any of these prices seem off???

I would like to order this Body Kit/Spoiler soon and was wondering what I should expect to pay for getting them painted and installed. Or, could I install them myself???

Has anyone done this? Could I please see pics???? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5th August 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Nov 2003                                                
My Saabs: none

Installation yourself is apparantly easy and after having installed my new Intake myself, I would not have hesitated to install the kit myself too. Well...the body kit is simply a matter of unbolting the hold kit and putting the new kit on......the spoiler has to be installed by the dealer unless you are comfortable with drilling holes into the trunk.

However, I would caution against it....if they mess up, they owe you a new trunk.

On another note, if you do get the body kit, you will have a cutout in the rear panel that is meant for the AERO style exhaust. I got my exhaust and kit at the same time....

Paul

Past Cars:
2007 Saab 9-3ss AERO
2004 Saab 9-3ss Linear
2003 PT Cruiser
2001 Volvo S40
1990 Honda Accord EX-R
Old 6th August 2006

Join Date: Jun 2005                                                
My Saabs: Aero V6 2.8T with Hirsch upgrade

I had an aero spoiler fitted to my 2003 vector it was painted by the dealer before i got the car looked great

Sorry i havent got any pics but look at an aero in your colour.
I know we could start a mass debat at to which spoiler is the best and looks nicest<personally i prefer the aero spoiler it looks more descrite and not like an afterthought

Quote:
Originally Posted by klamont9
Had my dealer look up the prices for the unpainted Front, Side, and Rear Skirts.

Totaled $665 (before tax)

Can't decided on a Spoiler, but I was leaning towards the Aero style before seeing the prices of the two:

Rear Aero Spoiler $178

Other Rear Spoiler $212

Do any of these prices seem off???

I would like to order this Body Kit/Spoiler soon and was wondering what I should expect to pay for getting them painted and installed. Or, could I install them myself???

Has anyone done this? Could I please see pics???? Thanks in advance.
Old 6th August 2006

Join Date: May 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2005 Saab 9-3 (Steel Grey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunp
Installation yourself is apparantly easy and after having installed my new Intake myself, I would not have hesitated to install the kit myself too. Well...the body kit is simply a matter of unbolting the hold kit and putting the new kit on......the spoiler has to be installed by the dealer unless you are comfortable with drilling holes into the trunk.

However, I would caution against it....if they mess up, they owe you a new trunk.

On another note, if you do get the body kit, you will have a cutout in the rear panel that is meant for the AERO style exhaust. I got my exhaust and kit at the same time....

Paul
I asked the dealer about the cutout and he made it sound like they can order a rear skirt for my exhaust. If this isn't true, I will have to do what you did. Do you have any pics??? Do the prices above seem correct???
Old 6th August 2006
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Oct 2004                                                
My Saabs: My SAAB

Sorry can't sort out how to post my photo...
Here you can see the cut-out in the rear skirt. The black surround is the "trim" for the cut-out, costs about $40 it's a SAAB piece. I cut mine out myself, the line to follow is marked on the "inside" of the skirt.

Last edited by DavidMorgan; 6th August 2006 at 03:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement