Questions You think are too stupid to ask - Page 3 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-3 SportSedan, Cabrio ('04+), Combi & 9-3X, 2003-2012 > 9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop

9-3 Sedan, Cabrio ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X , 2003 - 2012 Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 27th July 2006

Join Date: Jun 2006                                                
My Saabs: 9³SS Vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sweet2.0
I'm confused.. what button are you talking about..? I dont think I have that button. Now i'm gonna search for it when I leave work, lol.. then I'll reply to your question.
isnt this question game just halarious.. but so necessary?
find it yet? it should be right there below nightpanel (we have same exact car i think)
Harmon Kardon Speakers
Infotainment System
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28th July 2006

Join Date: Jul 2006                                                
My Saabs: 03 9-3 L. Linear 5sp. 2.0 PPC 'd

O.K. heres a winner. I bought my 9-3 used w/ no manual. On the upper SID screen there are a number of different displays. What does the one that reads Speed W 56 MPH Mean???. This is probably soo obvious but I cant figure it out for the life of me! Thanks
Old 28th July 2006
SaabNut!

Join Date: Mar 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-3 SS Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB9-3
O.K. heres a winner. I bought my 9-3 used w/ no manual. On the upper SID screen there are a number of different displays. What does the one that reads Speed W 56 MPH Mean???. This is probably soo obvious but I cant figure it out for the life of me! Thanks
That's the "speed warning". It beeps (or makes some kind of noise) when you reach that speed. It can be adjusted using the customize button. I set mine as high as it would go . . .
Old 28th July 2006

My Saabs: 03 9-3 L. Linear 5sp. 2.0 PPC 'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerguy
That's the "speed warning". It beeps (or makes some kind of noise) when you reach that speed. It can be adjusted using the customize button. I set mine as high as it would go . . .

Thanks man, I had no idea. I havent heard any noise or beep yet but Ill definately be adjusting that setting!
Old 28th July 2006

My Saabs: '04 93

i do have a stupid question..um.

i'm a first time saab owner - just bought mine about a month ago...

and i'm wondering...are my headlights automatic or not? the manual isn't really clear on that part. they're pretty much on all the time so it could be either way...
Old 28th July 2006
Banned

Join Date: Apr 2006                                                
My Saabs: 2011 Saab 9-4X 3.0i

You have daytime running lights, meaning they are on all the time no matter what the position is of the light switch. It is possible to have the DRL's disabled by the dealer.
Old 28th July 2006
SaabNut!

My Saabs: 2003 vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbyrd
isnt this question game just halarious.. but so necessary?
find it yet? it should be right there below nightpanel (we have same exact car i think)
lol I found the button! I didn't ever notice it before
Old 28th July 2006

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: 04 9-3 Aero 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dach
haha! But seriously, I want to know if there is some strange reason why the rear looks like is squeezing down on the suspension and the front is lifted up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dach

And if you measure it, the left side and right side clearance for the wheel arch is just different. Is this some magical work from Saab to make out rides handle better?

The reason our SAABs have the squatted rear end has a lot to do with GM requirements than suspension magic. All GM vehicles have a requirement to pass a certain obstacle course in their test track, without coming out with a redesigned suspension at the end of the test. The cars must also have wheel well openings that are large enough to prevent any front tire scrubbing in hard cornering situations. This forces our cars to have larger wheel well openings than in a certain German manufacturer’s cars. So our cars may be a little less cool looking in that respect. On the other hand I was told that German sedans have yet to pass that same obstacle course, without getting unscheduled and permanent realignments.

As for the left vs. the right side; usually the driver side will settle a little earlier than the other, but it shouldn’t be a lot.
Old 28th July 2006
Saab Crazy

My Saabs: 2006 9-3 Sportcombi 2.0T, 5-M/T

Quote:
You can download a full owners manual in Adobe pdf format by registering at:

http://www.mygmlink.com

Registration is FREE. Once registered go to the "glovebox" section of "Vehicle Home". You're surely missing out on some of the neat features that our cars have if you haven't read the manual.
Old 29th July 2006
S.myrr

I love this thread!

Here's my dumb question:

Everyone want to disable their drl's...well I for one don't have a huge problem with them, as my last car had them. I just dealt with it. Of course I didn't have HID's in the last car, so the question is...how long do the HID's last if they are on all the time? Which leads to the next question, if/when they need to be replaced, how much is it? And don't tell me I will need TECH II.

Cheers.
Old 29th July 2006

My Saabs: '02 9³ SE, 25th anniv. ed. TURBO!!

OK, here's a stupid question: I'm pretty sure the manual manual for my 02 9-3 SC says the back seats fold down, but how do you fold them down? There's a little button on the top of the seat that I've fiddled with but I've never actually tried it.
Old 29th July 2006

My Saabs: 2006 Black 9-3 SS

Quote:
Thanks man, I had no idea. I havent heard any noise or beep yet but Ill definately be adjusting that setting!
If you haven't heard a lovely chime yet and you haven't adjusted your speed warning, it's either broken or you have never exceeded 56 mph in your car!

I actually find it to be a useful tool. I often find myself driving much faster than I think I am. If you're driving on highways with lots of cops and speedtraps, it's nice to get a warning that you better slow down (I guess that's what a radar detector is for, oh well.) Anyhow, Mine is set at 83, mainly for roads where the limit is 70.
Old 29th July 2006

My Saabs: 2005 9-3 Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman
OK, here's a stupid question: I'm pretty sure the manual manual for my 02 9-3 SC says the back seats fold down, but how do you fold them down? There's a little button on the top of the seat that I've fiddled with but I've never actually tried it.
The levers to unlock the seats, to allow folding them down, is in the trunk.
BTW, If you don't get the seats fully latched when you put tthem back up you get a warning on the SID.
Old 29th July 2006
S.myrr

I see now there is another thread on HID's right now lol.
Old 29th July 2006
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Oct 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9³ Arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman

You have the previous 9-3, right? Well, the seats are more fiddly to fold down, but by using the small levers on top of the seats the seat back should move. But then you have to do a folding maneuver also, which is not necessary in the SS/SC. On the other hand, by tilting the seat cushion you get a flat(ish) floor once everything is been folded.
Old 1st August 2006

I love how this thread is stayin alive...

Stupid Question:
How on earth does the rain sensor work? I read the manual and you are supposed to set the wiper switch to position 2. Once you set it to 2 mine just keep wiping away (which is fine during rain) but what does the sensor do and when/how do I use it??!
Harmon Kardon Speakers
Infotainment System
Old 1st August 2006
SaabNut!

Quote:
I love how this thread is stayin alive...

Stupid Question:
How on earth does the rain sensor work? I read the manual and you are supposed to set the wiper switch to position 2. Once you set it to 2 mine just keep wiping away (which is fine during rain) but what does the sensor do and when/how do I use it??!
it's on the blades.. if you realize if you have your washer blades on rain sensor mode and your driving slow and it's sprinkling out they wont go on.. they have little sensors on the blades so when your going a decent speed the sensors sesnse the rain.

the AUto/rain sensor mode is one notch up from the starting position.. they will adjust slower or faster depending on the rain
Old 1st August 2006

OOH MY GOSH THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH !!!!.... YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!

hahaha jk come on people.. more stupid questions!
Harmon Kardon Speakers
Infotainment System
Old 1st August 2006

My Saabs: 08 Alfa Romeo 159 TI 2.4l

Quote:
more stupid questions!
Did Charlotte ever own ville?
Old 1st August 2006
SaabNut!

I tried searching the manual, but on the dash itself it shows the total mileage you have put on the car which is on the left.. on the right there is another number showing milege as well. I'm sure you can clear this becuase in my car they show 2 different numbers. how do you clear that number off?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement